Page 410 of 508 FirstFirst ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 12681
    Quote Originally Posted by twomartinis View Post

^ Placid is upstates right?

^ and four buttons is the practical limit for steering wheel tech. any more and you're just overthinking it, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7501.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	445469
    One button limit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have 4 buttons on my B8.5 allroad that is basically identical to twomartinis’ and what drives me nuts is that I can do everything from voice commands to my phone/navigation, spin through useful bits on the radio, trip computer and turn the volume up and down. Everything except advance or go back a track which is annoying as all get out.
    I still call it The Jake.

So, I have been fooling around in my deceased FIL’s ‘23 A6 for a few days, and I actually really don’t like it much. I find the electronics and controls to be the opposite of intuitive. Anyone have experience with this?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The Official Argue About Where Upstate NY Is Thread

wow - so many thoughts, and so many tokes (mandarin cookies) makes it okay. it's late but I'll have another UC* and give this TR shit a whirl:

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I mean, that little hill is core and all, but are we accepting entries from out of state?
    $21 was the point, upstates be sticking it to western mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Thought you were gonna complain that your air fryer didn’t fit in.

I’ll just leave this here.
    Attachment 444902
    this beast reminds me of a story, before last thanksgiving. me and the two older boys were volunteering at a food drive in hoosick falls. this guys drives up in a lincoln town car, congressional edition; and i shit you not the trunk was the size of a ping pong table! so the guy pops the trunk [here's the punchline] and it is fucking completely full of shit! the boy is like "uhh, where do you want me to put the box of food and the turkey?" but the guy is really a good guy, just super nice, and he says "oh, I guess that's my sister's stuff. I should get that cleaned up. just put the food in the back seat."

I have another rant besides the genny cream - and ranting is most certainly upstates so:
    I think car design is going right into the shitter...

oodles of confusing shit packed into the steering wheel, check

luddites unite!

/rant
    I was going to say something poignant but forgot. was probably about the luddites anyway

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    hmm… offal or giblets today?

Attachment 445149

Attachment 445150

offal it is.

fact.
    offal FTW, there's so much deliciousness you can create with it, forcemeats and all... giblets is just giblets

Japanese toilet technology is leaps and bounds ahead. Surprised there isn’t a little device on the kids perch….
    that's why I only crap into toto toilets

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You and gravity are two people I want to met at Titus someday. I've never been either. I can't swing it this year. I guess I'll be at least a year older when I finally do.
    umm, me three?

my uncle graduated from Clarkson. my mentor was a Clarkson grad too. we're always looking to hire newbies from there, WPI and Penn State. What's he going to study?
    y'know just offering friendly advice, no charge

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'll play:

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	445503

Name:	IMG_7501.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	445469
    One button limit.
    is that your gt? tits man, that shit is tits
    my childhood best friend's dad had the vw scirocco, also tits

quoting steely dan: No I'm never gonna do it without the airbag on

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I have 4 buttons on my B8.5 allroad that is basically identical to twomartinis’ and what drives me nuts is that I can do everything from voice commands to my phone/navigation, spin through useful bits on the radio, trip computer and turn the volume up and down. Everything except advance or go back a track which is annoying as all get out.
    don't get me started. this is one of those allroads perched 5" off the ground, no? audi ruined the allroad concept at gen 2, when they forgot why they made the allroad; and only concentrated on how to sell it... to downstaters wanting to go offroading. and downstater offroading is any road that's not a parkway, expressway, road to macy's or road to king umberto's pizzeria

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I have been fooling around in my deceased FIL’s ‘23 A6 for a few days, and I actually really don’t like it much. I find the electronics and controls to be the opposite of intuitive. Anyone have experience with this?
    I feel your pain. you would much prefer my '09 a6. but I would much prefer my '06 a3. 250hp and six speed, fucker could carve 12M turns on glare ice, fact

*four beer reply
    Last edited by twomartinis; 02-01-2023 at 06:37 PM.

Holy multiquote batman.

So this is why bump skiers are faster than racers...
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iogVVja1MYY
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

my uncle graduated from Clarkson. my mentor was a Clarkson grad too. we're always looking to hire newbies from there, WPI and Penn State. What's he going to study?

Mechanical Engineering. But he's torn because he also wants a business degree. He's young. Isn't exactly sure what to do with himself. Like all of us. My advice was pick one and minor in the other. Which probably means minor in business as a practical matter. He also got accepted by WPI, is waiting on a bunch of other schools. Middle kid, who turned down Clarkson, is going to uvm also for Mech Eng (family on both sides has UVM degrees, he's now 3rd generation. My mom and my wife both have undergrad and grad degrees from there.). He's a junior and really needs a co-op job next year, hasn't found one yet, but not sure how hard he's looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Holy multiquote batman.

So this is why bump skiers are faster than racers...
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iogVVja1MYY
    And he even quoted himself. He's obviously a few bong loads into the good stuff. I'm jelly.

Mechanical Engineering. But he's torn because he also wants a business degree. He's young. Isn't exactly sure what to do with himself. Like all of us. My advice was pick one and minor in the other. Which probably means minor in business as a practical matter. He also got accepted by WPI, is waiting on a bunch of other schools. Middle kid, who turned down Clarkson, is going to uvm also for Mech Eng (family on both sides has UVM degrees, he's now 3rd generation. My mom and my wife both have undergrad and grad degrees from there.). He's a junior and really needs a co-op job next year, hasn't found one yet, but not sure how hard he's looking.
    skip the business degree, we really need doers not more paper pushers.

we'll give your son a co-op, shit we've got 6 job recs out for mechanical right now... and 5 for boston too. it's tough to find any talent out there

skip the business degree, we really need doers not more paper pushers.

we'll give your son a co-op, shit we've got 6 job recs out for mechanical right now... and 5 for boston too. it's tough to find any talent out there

Agree on needing doers not watchers. He knows that deep down. I'll PM you later about the rest.

Post edited because it's no longer elephant. Thanks 2M for cleaning up.
    Last edited by riser4; 02-01-2023 at 08:01 PM.

I'm not ok with this. It's offensive.
    Yeah, me too. What the fuck is that?

Yeah that got a “wait, what?” reading through

Wait, Jews are in Massachusetts now?

You might be in Upstate if you find yourself immobile on an interstate (81) with multiple multi car and semi accidents and 2.5 hrs later you are heading north in the southbound lanes as it's all been shutdown.

Thus you are required to take route 12 during a lake effect storm that is hammering tug hill - which is the last place you really wanted to be. And, you got to avoid the four footed traffic in the white outs. Yep, you are upstate.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I like the VW vs fully loaded semi standoff picture.

This went by too quickly. Quoted here for appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    You might be in Upstate if you find yourself immobile on an interstate (81) with multiple multi car and semi accidents and 2.5 hrs later you are heading north in the southbound lanes as it's all been shutdown.

Thus you are required to take route 12 during a lake effect storm that is hammering tug hill - which is the last place you really wanted to be. And, you got to avoid the four footed traffic in the white outs. Yep, you are upstate.

Plus a quote for truth - Route 12 in a blizzard is an experience not to be missed if you like to live on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post

Well that looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This went by too quickly. Quoted here for appreciation.
    That really is an epic pic. Just sets the tone on how our ambassador must have started his day.

:
    $21 was the point, upstates be jewin' western mass. I know that offends the occupants of Brighton.
    What does this mean? Seriously.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I'm not ok with this. It's offensive.
    I don't expect to see that kind of BS comment on TGR. It is highly offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I like the VW vs fully loaded semi standoff picture.
    Honda Accord with new Michelin snows. It rails in the snow. Having driven 4 wheel drives for the better part of the past couple decades I'm stunned how well it Handles snow.

+3 and counting. That is a great shot

Or like probably a majority of the Engineers out there- they get a BS in their technical Engineering field and then turn around and get an MBA in one of the Business areas- Accounting, Finance, Business Stats, many times because of their Math background...

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    What does this mean? Seriously.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    It had no derogatory intent, hand to god fellas. But I see that I crossed a line and sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

I edited for posterity.

It had no derogatory intent, hand to god fellas. But I see that I crossed a line and sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

I edited for posterity.

Thanks man.