Page 362 of 380 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 9483
  1. #9026
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    33,470
    Oh, the fucking humanity.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  2. #9027
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,959
    guys in the upstates might not be most original in their thoughts, but they sure as shit can fucking copycat something that pays off that sweet…

    all these fucking Maga idiots I know around here that are doing this kind of stupid shit already are all of a sudden gonna realize, fuck why should I keep all stupid assed these things in the garage and risk arrest fer ghost gunnin’ when i can just keep turning them in for money and printing up new ones next week.

    Name:  1C699A20-EDBA-4203-ADAD-5CCF67ECE5CE.gif
Views: 234
Size:  420.3 KB

  3. #9028
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    17,685
    The video is even better. The kid is laughing in the interview.
    https://www.wktv.com/news/local/man-...9515a1395.html

    The picture is worth a thousand words
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B67B265-6D98-477C-B485-B0B3F84F50F7.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	428584

    But back on thread, if he drove six hours, there’s no way he lives upstate.

  4. #9029
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    8,719
    New metric! I just spent three days on a bike traversing the wildes of deep, deep western NY and ran across a half-dozen of these things;



    I think it means winter will last another 12 months.

  5. #9030
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,131
    There's all sorts of different Bigfoot things scattered about. Sometimes they're big and exposed like that but sometimes they're peeking around something and it's kinda creepy.

  6. #9031
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,959
    brandy new barge… ain’t never gonna look this good ever again.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8893B70-5F54-465F-8C48-DCA09E3B984C.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	725.0 KB 
ID:	428771


    bilt ta fits…


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE93CCBD-07E6-486A-A4CC-C2483BA56782.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	655.8 KB 
ID:	428777


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E559A0D5-90D0-45BE-89CF-5DF93C7A4B23.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	619.1 KB 
ID:	428778


    barely.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72D30FA6-6089-4427-A8CD-67923782E3AE.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	466.8 KB 
ID:	428779


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AD2B541-4327-4FFD-B95E-623768070558.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	853.8 KB 
ID:	428780


    power on! them downstate boys do run a tidy boat.


    fact.

  7. #9032
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,427
    That’s pretty cool. Whenever I see a barge being pushed up the Hudson I wonder if I’d be a decent tugboat captain. Looks like a good life to me.

  8. #9033
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,959
    oh, I’m sure you’d fit right in. we got room for all the types of fucking tugboat captain‘s around here… maybe you can hire on with these chuckleheads.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF6581CE-4872-4B67-896A-03EEB0A62745.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	713.1 KB 
ID:	428797

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6BF74496-6603-4478-8650-B2821CCE6F0D.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	889.8 KB 
ID:	428798

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0385AC0A-42FC-4476-9E6E-0DF3E0F275AB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	428803

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14BDF535-955C-4CA4-A7A8-5E04BD7BFFF9.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	797.6 KB 
ID:	428808



    river be coming down stream a good five knots per hour. these guys went out of here full fucking throttle, revving the everlovin’ piss out of them engines.

    two hours later, them an their c-ment barge be just ‘bout gettin’ to the bend a mile upriver… that’s what? 1/2 a mile per hour speed over ground? them fellas going to be on the river for a while.







    fact.

  9. #9034
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,427
    Now that right there is upstate as fuck- obviously. God bless ‘em. Who gets the crown though? One of them or their buddy that schleps the gas cans down to the water in the dark when they hit empty two miles short of the objective?

  10. #9035
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    30,299
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    oh, I’m sure you’d fit right in. we got room for all the types of fucking tugboat captain‘s around here… maybe you can hire on with these chuckleheads.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF6581CE-4872-4B67-896A-03EEB0A62745.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	713.1 KB 
ID:	428797

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6BF74496-6603-4478-8650-B2821CCE6F0D.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	889.8 KB 
ID:	428798

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0385AC0A-42FC-4476-9E6E-0DF3E0F275AB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	428803

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14BDF535-955C-4CA4-A7A8-5E04BD7BFFF9.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	797.6 KB 
ID:	428808



    river be coming down stream a good five knots per hour. these guys went out of here full fucking throttle, revving the everlovin’ piss out of them engines.

    two hours later, them an their c-ment barge be just ‘bout gettin’ to the bend a mile upriver… that’s what? 1/2 a mile per hour speed over ground? them fellas going to be on the river for a while.







    fact.
    This was a thoroughly enjoyable TR.

    You've earned yourself a UC or three when you get off the lock today.
    I still call it The Jake.

  11. #9036
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    I'll be venturing on an end-to-end I-90 upstate excursion this coming long weekend; Friday night in Albany, Saturday night in Buffalo, Sunday night in Rochester. Will report back with any relevant findings.
    I'm touching down near the heart of the Upstates Friday night at 8pm local time. T minus 2 days. Planning on having chicken wings and pizza in my belly by 9:30. Along with some UC, Saranac and Other Half, unless things go terribly wrong. Which they might.

  12. #9037
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,959
    no quits until our in-house chuckleheads make the downriver run…


    and we are hiring, brownski.


    https://www.canals.ny.gov/about/jobs/Tug-Captain.html

    we start you out at 22.71 an hour and you get to use one of these brand new fancy assed push boats.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34CFD392-4D28-4C85-977B-1D56DCFB3882.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	491.1 KB 
ID:	428857


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA209235-7C44-49D4-A976-3180E2F908E0.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	899.1 KB 
ID:	428839


    now, you might be wondering why you would get to use a brand new fancy assed push boat instead of the old crusty bastard whats been sitting around here for a while. Seems that they forgot to order up some heads on these $250,000.00 brand new fancy assed fucking push boats… that’s right, you got to drop a deuce? You got a let that moon fly over the side. just hope nobody’s coming by while you’re doing your drop.


    and we ain’t got none of them fancy assed shiny fucking barges neither. you won’t see our crews out there sweating their asses off running bumpers down the sides of the barge. that’s just not how we roll, we take a somewhat more laid back attitude towards possible damage to our boats…

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27B3505C-49A2-44F5-B419-1EAB02ACA90C.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	724.6 KB 
ID:	428840


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E94A6D2F-C40D-4C98-BCAB-B570BBFBB529.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	901.7 KB 
ID:	428855




    fact.

  13. #9038
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,131
    Doing another cross state overnight round trip run tomorrow> Friday. Honk as you're passing me in this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221005_211307610.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	428856

  14. #9039
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I'm touching down near the heart of the Upstates Friday night at 8pm local time. T minus 2 days. Planning on having chicken wings and pizza in my belly by 9:30. Along with some UC, Saranac and Other Half, unless things go terribly wrong. Which they might.
    Where you gettin Other Half in the 'cuse?

  15. #9040
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Where you gettin Other Half in the 'cuse?
    Now & Later on Tipp Hill

  16. #9041
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Where you gettin Other Half in the 'cuse?
    Tip Hill is a good tip.

    Wegman’s has it. Also Marcy discount beverage but that’s closer to Utica. The beating heart of the Upstates.

  17. #9042
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,878
    Solid work as usual in the upstate thread

    Look forward to the trip report ewg

    As usual mc2 is delivering the stoke say high to my buddy who lives on the other side of the river

    Been thinking about jumping in the car and driving to upstate to see the leaves change can't be beat my parents asked of I was high

  18. #9043
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Now & Later on Tipp Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Tip Hill is a good tip.

    Wegman’s has it. Also Marcy discount beverage but that’s closer to Utica. The beating heart of the Upstates.
    Thnx. I'll be back there for a few days around Thanksgiving. Kokomas used to bring me Other Half straight from the brewery when he still lived on the East Coast.

  19. #9044
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,338
    Love the canal porn....

  20. #9045
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    5,317
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221006_184123562.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	949.8 KB 
ID:	428945

    Little bit of upstate in downstate

  21. #9046
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,131
    Foliage is in along I390. Nice ride between Corning and Rochester today.

  22. #9047
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    30,299
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    no quits until our in-house chuckleheads make the downriver run…



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E94A6D2F-C40D-4C98-BCAB-B570BBFBB529.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	901.7 KB 
ID:	428855




    fact.

    Looks like a lovely day in the barge-garden.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #9048
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,980
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Doing another cross state overnight round trip run tomorrow> Friday. Honk as you're passing me in this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221005_211307610.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	428856
    Shalom.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  24. #9049
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,131
    Ditto

    WNY and the Finger lakes lived up to their grey reputation for 2 days in a row but the foliage was still fantastic. It's harvest season so fresh snacks are everywhere

  25. #9050
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,959
    indeed, tasty fatty snax is an upstate fact…


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	379EA8BD-FE34-4860-AF0E-B650087286AE.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	429138

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •