Page 313 of 508 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 12681
    now, you guys talkin’ navigable waterways or navigable in fact?

“In order to be navigable-in-fact, a waterway must provide practical utility to the public as a means for transportation and travel.”

basically, anything that’s ever had a log driven down it to market is navigable in fact. which means it’s a public waterway and open to anybody at any times.

https://www.protectadks.org/wp-conte...ion-Rights.pdf

NYBOD Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220601_004114790.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	980.0 KB 
ID:	417821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220601_004134937.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	818.5 KB 
ID:	417822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220601_004150416.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	967.7 KB 
ID:	417823

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    you guys should probably just stick to the ferry for safety….

Attachment 417810
    With how windy it can get I don’t know how that thing ever operates (and I’ve taken it).

Sketchiest ferry I’ve ever been on is the Anderson Ferry in Cincinnati to cross the Ohio River dodging fully-loaded down barges 3 wide and 10 deep churning a wake and current that you’re confident will toss the little car carrier barge you’re on.
    I still call it The Jake.

I feel like this blurb may provide some insight

A former vending-machine salesman bought the Lake George HoJo’s in 2015, with it closing when he was arrested and eventually convicted of harassing at least 15 staffers. It reopened under a new owner, a former manager, who kept it running for the past several years, albeit with pandemic-related pauses along the way.

When I drove past recently I thought to myself that I should stop and get some clam strips. Now I feel stupid that I blew it off

Great shot.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

beat me to it was going to post the same thing
    the paper that usually focuses on murder rape incest and crackers keeping children locked in dog kennels in towns like central square and fulton had something nice to read but then again it was written by the times union

fred, this may be a better business opportunity than the trailer park.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

the resturnat industry isn't for me specially in upstate where you have old fuckers counting out there nickles and pennies to make sure they don't leave any more than exactly a 12% tip
    then slinging cheap greasy ass meals had a 20 dollar shitty sandwich in avon last week the same sandwhich would go for 8.99 in upstate at least someone is making money in colorado

I"ll stick with trailer parks lots of single moms need a roof over their head

There's a bunch of grant money flowing around places like Tupper Lake for things that will create jobs or housing. The town owns the ski area now and it's open but with no lift, the rail trail is happening and tourism dollars are grants are also happening for projects related to that. Opportunities abound...

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the resturnat industry isn't for me specially in upstate where you have old fuckers counting out there nickles and pennies to make sure they don't leave any more than exactly a 12% tip
    then slinging cheap greasy ass meals had a 20 dollar shitty sandwich in avon last week the same sandwhich would go for 8.99 in upstate at least someone is making money in colorado

I"ll stick with trailer parks lots of single moms need a roof over their head
    Not asking you to bring back the fried clam platter here fred. That's maybe more suited to Ted's. It's the location. I could see a number of possibilities for the real estate. Let's try to think out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    There's a bunch of grant money flowing around places like Tupper Lake for things that will create jobs or housing. The town owns the ski area now and it's open but with no lift, the rail trail is happening and tourism dollars are grants are also happening for projects related to that. Opportunities abound...
    now we are getting somewhere
    the issue is I have alot of work to do today like tons with a real scratch my eyes out meeting at noon today to go over numbers and expenses on a project instead I am reserching tupper lake and looking into their overpriced real estate market and all the opportunities that present themselves to me one can always dream of upstate ny plopping down double wides making a huge profit off the backs of ny tax payers and poor people instead of dealing with ceos and extremely wealthy people who need not only a shower head but a rain shower body sprayers and a hand held diddler
    cashing out for over a million in colorado I need my tupper lake home to be less than 220k to make the math work for me

I guess I could go all in purchase a home and a resturant in tupper lake but that will leave me with only 400k in the bank when I leave colorado
    suppose I could ask my dads venture capital company if they are interested in going in on some tupper lake ventures with me?

now we are getting somewhere
    the issue is I have alot of work to do today like tons with a real scratch my eyes out meeting at noon today to go over numbers and expenses on a project instead I am reserching tupper lake and looking into their overpriced real estate market and all the opportunities that present themselves to me one can always dream of upstate ny plopping down double wides making a huge profit off the backs of ny tax payers and poor people instead of dealing with ceos and extremely wealthy people who need not only a shower head but a rain shower body sprayers and a hand held diddler
    cashing out for over a million in colorado I need my tupper lake home to be less than 220k to make the math work for me

I guess I could go all in purchase a home and a resturant in tupper lake but that will leave me with only 400k in the bank when I leave colorado
    suppose I could ask my dads venture capital company if they are interested in going in on some tupper lake ventures with me?
    Have you considered the benefits of fractional ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    is renting a room to timberridge considered fractional ownership?

but hey I think we are onto something a cozy alternative to lake placid a time share development on the showers of tupper lake gonna look into it

Big Tupper hasn’t operated since something like 2015

That's the point, fred's buying low.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's the point, fred's buying low.
    Right?

Fred’s proven time and again to be way far ahead of the real estate market.

If I were any of you, I’d start eyeing Upstates property yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Big Tupper hasn’t operated since something like 2015
    There are no lifts but the locals and town parks dept have kept the place skiable. It's open to uphill traffic all winter (conditions permitting). I talked to a few people that enjoyed themselves there last year, said if they see one other person each day it's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Fred’s proven time and again to be way far ahead of the real estate market.

If I were any of you, I’d start eyeing Upstates property yesterday.
    Fred got into Breck before the land rush, back when the local population was less than the enrollment at an Upstate HS.

but hey I think we are onto something a cozy alternative to lake placid a time share development on the showers of tupper lake gonna look into it
    Tripping balls nekkid in the Upstate could be the new must do for those tired of the Coachella and Burning Man scene.
    Tarps. UC, fried fish, those dlicious little cookies. Full cultural deep dive

but naked and tripping

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Fred got into Breck before the land rush, back when the local population was less than the enrollment at an Upstate HS.
    And now that lots of people have fled the Upstates, it's time to buy back in before people get wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And now that lots of people have fled the Upstates, it's time to buy back in before people get wise.
    You're not too far off actually. With climate change it won't be long at all until Tupper Lake is the new Asheville.

And with the I81/481 reconstruction about to start it's looking like Syracuse will be the new Atlanta but with snow. This is going to be the single largest highway project Upstate NY has ever seen. Just the first stage is 2 million labor hours and initial estimates are for the total to be at least $10 billion.

You're not too far off actually. With climate change it won't be long at all until Tupper Lake is the new Asheville.
    The new Asheville is Greenville, and I am pissed I didn’t buy a building over there when I had a chance.

Great small town.