Page 236 of 504 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 12596
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I think there used to be Genny splits as well. Chuck’s in Syracuse used to have a split night special where you could get a bucket of splits on ice. There were 2 choices, OV and I think genny as the other. Details are fuzzy as it was also their dead night.

84/85 was my senior year in HS and the peak of the beer ball craze. It’s also the year the Dodge Caravan debuted and my parents thought it’d be good for a family car. 7 high school students and a beer ball on ice made for quite the rolling party.
    Dodge Caravans and Beer Balls would make a great album name.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can confirm Genny splits.
    We had a spot that was this old gravel lot tucked away in a hillside where they stored jersey breakers. An entire lot full, stacked two high - upper level 90 degrees on top of the lower level. That was one of our regular haunts. Many broken bottles. Many, many broken bottles. The far end of that place must have been mostly glass. i can't imagine what they thought when they finally moved a few hundred of these things and got to the far end to discover it was simply covered with multicolored glass shards...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Isn't that a moe album?

Ok fine, I'm exaggerating. But not by much.

Or Ruf Yellowbirds and 8-Balls
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Isn't that a moe album?

Ok fine, I'm exaggerating. But not by much.

It absolutely could be. Fun fact: when Spotify told me all I listened to this year “Happy Hour Hero” was my 3rd most listened to song. Which is crazy cause the whole fam uses the same account and my kid will replay the same Pokemon or some such shit song on repeat endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Or Ruf Yellowbirds and 8-Balls
    I feel like that’s very much a real thing.

It absolutely could be. Fun fact: when Spotify told me all I listened to this year “Happy Hour Hero” was my 3rd most listened to song. Which is crazy cause the whole fam uses the same account and my kid will replay the same Pokemon or some such shit song on repeat endlessly.
    I feel like "Forget about the pretty girl, a Saranac will do just fine" may be the most Upstate song lyric of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Check out these beauties. It's gonna be a very Merry Christmas.

Attachment 395036
    Did I mention I picked up a couple at the Half Moon location a month or so back? I’m not sure if they sell them in Latham. If they do, I never noticed

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^weren't there High Life ponies too? Same hand grenade scenario

Big difference between a split and a pony when it comes to being used as offensive weaponry. Pony was good for fucking chucking at somebody’s head, whilst a split was better used for smacking somebody upside the head.

Name:  BD547A2D-C63D-489D-BC79-955B75FFC0B6.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  22.9 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68ED0DB3-730E-4E77-935F-B533B4BB14A7.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	422.0 KB 
ID:	395148

fightin’ facts…..

Can;t remember if I told this story before, but I have a good friend who used to work for a company called Constellation who own tons of beer, wine and spirit brands. He was in charge of doing market research for Mad Dog 20/20 which they owned. They gathered a focus group which included a bunch of homeless dudes and one of the questions asked is how they felt about a possible switch from glass to plastic bottles. Not surprisingly, the homeless dudes were universally against this ideas because they would no longer be able to smash the bottles against a wall.

#knowyourmarket

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Big difference between a split and a pony when it comes to being used as offensive weaponry. Pony was good for fucking chucking at somebody’s head, whilst a split was better used for smacking somebody upside the head.

fightin’ facts…..
    First rule of pony/split club, chug it

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

At the bowling alley we had a league at in college we called them 7 ounce pounders. And that was very much a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Can;t remember if I told this story before, but I have a good friend who used to work for a company called Constellation who own tons of beer, wine and spirit brands. He was in charge of doing market research for Mad Dog 20/20 which they owned. They gathered a focus group which included a bunch of homeless dudes and one of the questions asked is how they felt about a possible switch from glass to plastic bottles. Not surprisingly, the homeless dudes were universally against this ideas because they would no longer be able to smash the bottles against a wall.

#knowyourmarket
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

fightin’ facts…..
    This is the kind of public service factual content that is making this thread such a valuable addition to the interwebs.

Also, 'cause I was checking it out for another thread and got curious, I googled "argue about upstate NY." This is the second link google shows. Fine work people. Fine work.

We are living large.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This is the kind of public service factual content that is making this thread such a valuable addition to the interwebs.
    No kiddin'! As I kid from the other side of the lake, I'm like "we called 'um ponies, what the difference?". Any now I know.

Oh...a pony is a 16oz. can. Like the one I used to drink everyday on the way to work.

Don't go to the hospital, upstaters.

Upstate New York Hospitals Are Overwhelmed as Covid Cases Surge https://nyti.ms/3Eis3Tg

A surge in Covid cases and a shortage of health care workers is filling hospitals and nursing homes past their capacity in upstate New York, creating a growing crisis in the health care system even before the Omicron variant is known to have spread through the area, according to hospital executives from Buffalo to Albany.

Covid hospitalizations in the region have more than tripled since August when the Delta wave began to sweep through the state, Gov. Kathy Hochul said this week. At the same time, tens of thousands of health care workers have left their health care jobs, for reasons ranging from pandemic burnout to a refusal to get vaccinated in spite of the state’s strict mandate for health care workers, and some systems have posted hundreds of available job openings.

The result has been a decrease in upstate hospital capacity of about 10 percent. And a perfect storm of high patient volumes, reduced staff and an inability to discharge patients to nursing homes — which are themselves full — has begun to overwhelm some facilities, particularly in Western New York, the Finger Lakes region and the North Country, hospital executives said.

With Omicron now detected in New York City and on Long Island and the variant expected to spread, and few hospital beds upstate available for patients if Covid hospitalizations spike even higher, Ms. Hochul has declared a state of emergency.

Look at bunny and his upstate PSA. I can only imagine what his FB page looks like.

Don't you live in New Jersey?

From our end of the Lake the size names went like this:

7oz - pounder or grenade depending on bottle shape

12oz - beer

16oz - tall boy

24oz - grande

24.5oz - Fosters or Heineken keg can

7.75gal - pony keg

15.5gal - keg

12oz - beer

16oz - tall boy

24oz - grande

7.75gal - pony keg

15.5gal - keg
    Anything between 12oz and 24oz is a rotor.

Aka road soda

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Case of bud nips was the way to go on the road around these parts back in the day.

We had a party one night back in August 1987 and nobody showed up. We took the keg in a can full of ice and put it right into the back of my 79 Fiesta Sport, it was perfect with no room to slide or fall over. We put in a 10 foot hose and headed 300 miles west, through the heart of the Rockies with the expectation that we'd arrive right around dawn properly buzzed and ready for the day. The day was The Dead at the old Park West and that keg with the XTRA long hose got us all sortsa good stuff in trade. It was the pony keg talk that got me thinkin' about this, I say everyone needs a pressurized keg, on ice, with a long hose as part of their road trip kit.

12oz - beer

16oz - tall boy

24oz - grande

7.75gal - pony keg

15.5gal - keg
    Pretty close, but the fosters size was always an oil can.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Anything 16 oz is a Pounder.