Page 10 of 507 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    We bought, consumed, and shot our beerballs right there at home in Massachusetts. We imported that shit. But it was fun. It also wasn't the worst import we consumed, that honor would have to go to The Green Death, from Rhode Island:

my head hurts thinking about it

Pretty good description here: http://365beersand50pounds.blogspot....r-private.html

The little puzzles under the bottle cap were fun at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who would win in a fight then, a Woodchuck or a Mainer?
    Good question. I believe they would get along famously so we may never solve that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Good question. I believe they would get along famously so we may never solve that one.
    I had a feeling.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We bought, consumed, and shot our beerballs right there at home in Massachusetts. We imported that shit. But it was fun. It also wasn't the worst import we consumed, that honor would have to go to The Green Death, from Rhode Island:

my head hurts thinking about it

Pretty good description here: http://365beersand50pounds.blogspot....r-private.html

The little puzzles under the bottle cap were fun at least.
    Woah, also from Upstate. Private Stock Brewing Co., Utica, NY.

No one is arguing, we just don't know what parts of the state are what, exactly.

Huckbucket's map is helping us get there though.

Now, who wants wings and cheap beer for lunch?
    Me. Very much so.

So much I made wing sauce and put it on a BBQ sandwich for lunch today.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    All this talk of Utica Club and Genny Cream brings me back to the infamous Matt's Beerball. Matt's is the parent company that makes UC as a premium beer. They named their shittier cheaper beer after themselves. And they put the shittiest of that in the beerballs.

The best thing about them was shooting them with a pellet gun when they were empty, the pellet could go through the plastic to get inside there but it wouldn't have enough power to go though the other side to get back out so it would just spin around inside the ball at high speed making this weird sound that only a Matt's beerball shot with a pellet gun can make.

From the very relevant newyorkupstate.com btw
    All of this is absolutely true.

Who would win in a fight then, a Woodchuck or a Mainer?
    This is not a good question. This is a stupid question. I know the answer. Based on personal experience and observation, the Upstater beats the shit out of the Mainer 9 times out of 10. It’s not because they are stronger, quicker or better fighters. It’s because they no longer feel pain. Emotional or physical.

Woah, also from Upstate. Private Stock Brewing Co., Utica, NY.
    It's been brewed by about 5 different companies, the early ones were Falstaff and Narragansett , both from Rhode Island. The company in Utica I think is actually Matts under a different name, so it was part of the Utica Club family for a while. Now I think Pabst has the trademarks but doesn't make it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This is not a good question. This is a stupid question. I know the answer. Based on personal experience and observation, the Upstater beats the shit out of the Mainer 9 times out of 10. It’s not because they are stronger, quicker or better fighters. It’s because they no longer feel pain. Emotional or physical.
    They're basically Russians. Life doesn't matter to them.

The real genius of the beerball was that you could pack it in ice in the box it came in.

As someone mentioned earlier, I don’t remember the beer having any carbonation at all. Just flat beer. But who knew any better?

Southern Tier kid.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Damn. Given that it’s end times, I should probably start looking into a bugout cabin Upstate (WNY) somewhere around the Avalanche Zone. If shit hits the fan I’ll be surrounded by emotionally dead warriors with nothing left but the desire to fight off the impending doom.

In.

Utica had the best looking women in Upstate when Mohawk was training all of their stewies there. Endicott was #2 for eye candy on the street.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    The real genius of the beerball was that you could pack it in ice in the box it came in.

As someone mentioned earlier, I don’t remember the beer having any carbonation at all. Just flat beer. But who knew any better?

Southern Tier kid.
    Southern Tier is the shit. One of my favorite breweries.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    we drilled a hole in a matt's beer ball and inserted a long threaded stem piece with a bowl at the end

at the top we cut a hole large enough so you could insert your head into the beer ball and sealed the "space helmet" up with towels around your shoulders.

last step was light bowl and see how long you could wear the space helmet

good times - good times

plattsburgh state 1983
    SU 1985. Same thing only one of the guys had a kids science kit that had a build your own mini vacumn cleaner. Modified it and put it between the bowl and the ball. Put helmet on, light bowl, turn on blower and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    SU 1985. Same thing only one of the guys had a kids science kit that had a build your own mini vacumn cleaner. Modified it and put it between the bowl and the ball. Put helmet on, light bowl, turn on blower and enjoy.
    Wtf. You had a beer ball on your head, a bowl of weed in your hand and these were connected to a vacuum cleaner stuck between them and turned the vacuum on?

The 'Cuse was always a weird place.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Wtf. You had a beer ball on your head, a bowl of weed in your hand and these were connected to a vacuum cleaner stuck between them and turned the vacuum on?

From the school that produced Bob Costas and Marv Albert; the above story checks out.

In essence, yes. The vacumn cleaner was a kids science kit so it was miniature. Suction attached to the bowl, exhaust into the beer ball. Guy that created it was busted at the syracuse Airport in 86 picking up 26 pounds of weed shipped from Arizona. Lots of weird shit went down, lots of fun times as well. Quite a bit of overlap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    In essence, yes. The vacumn cleaner was a kids science kit so it was miniature. Suction attached to the bowl, exhaust into the beer ball. Guy that created it was busted at the syracuse Airport in 86 picking up 26 pounds of weed shipped from Arizona. Lots of weird shit went down, lots of fun times as well. Quite a bit of overlap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Endicott was #2 for eye candy on the street.
    If you like Italian women.

Yup. If you are only trying to survive and eat tasty food that’s bad for you it’s the perfect exit plan for the Apocalypse. I’m already set up like you outline above. Cosign. It’s one of my two exit plans, the one I will use if the world is on fire. Plus who would ever look for you there?

My exit plan if the world is intact is to move to the Caribbean and sell Red Stripe on the beach.

Damn. Given that it’s end times, I should probably start looking into a bugout cabin Upstate (WNY) somewhere around the Avalanche Zone. If shit hits the fan I’ll be surrounded by emotionally dead warriors with nothing left but the desire to fight off the impending doom.

In.
    Last edited by EWG; 06-25-2020 at 04:40 PM.

No “the”. It’s just ‘Cuse.

For some reason this always makes me irrationally angry. Like when people call A Basin A-Bay.

Took me a while to get used to Toga when I lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Took me a while to get used to Toga when I lived there.
    For some reason I find it jarring when people refer to Ticonderoga as “Ti”.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    For some reason I find it jarring when people refer to Ticonderoga as “Ti”.
    Growing up in Chittenden county, VT, we always called it Fort Ti. Bunch of unruly Green Mountain Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Growing up in Chittenden county, VT, we always called it Fort Ti. Bunch of unruly Green Mountain Boys.
    I loved visiting the fort as a kid but felt very betrayed when I brought my kids and realized it was a rebuild/ replica.