Favorite Green B section campsites?

this has come up now and then but I can't find/recall....recommendations for Green River/below Flaming Gorge B section campsites? Favorite "nice" locale on some more wade-able terrain? Thanks, Chet

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Wadable is flow dependent
    Anything from stonefly to trails end is on the river left trail and accessed all that
    Usfs shitter at cottonwood was open and functional over the 4th
    Jacskson's big for a single shady camp with good sprey access

They all have pros and cons and a few are reservable
    I could summer at pugmire easy
    And can back row to washboard at any flow
    I've spent a week at tree tops
    Best shade and seclusion and perfect for b/c laps
    But worthless if red creek blow out
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks! Chet

Just to add to what SFB said - I've always been a fan of grasshopper as well (we usually have a few boats and reserve them both). If the flows are low, we've had no problem rowing over to the island and back to wade.

Cottonwood,, the rope swing and prox to shitter makes it my fav for a few day layover.
    "and not when I come to die, discover that I have not lived"
    H.D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by adipose View Post
    Cottonwood,, the rope swing and prox to shitter makes it my fav for a few day layover.
    I booked Cottonwood for a couple nights when I take the wife and kids for their first trip down the green in August b/c of the shitter. Unfortunately it sounds like the fire over the weekend may have damaged it. Glad they got it out quickly.

Bumping this one, planning on a couple day trip late June with the kids and another family... A & A+B. Looking at snowpack and drought conditions, any advice on if we should re-think this? Coming from the Midwest so we have to plan a bit for the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey all,
    What’s the protocol for signing out the first come first serve sites? I’ve reversed cottonwood a few times , but missed the dates this year.

I know you sign up at Little hole,
    But can you get in line the night before, early am? We will be there a Saturday in June , so expecting it to be busy and want to make sure we can get a spot

On another note, looking like a really minimal high water period this year ....only holding 4k for one day then decreasing back to low water...??

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Bumping this one, planning on a couple day trip late June with the kids and another family... A & A+B. Looking at snowpack and drought conditions, any advice on if we should re-think this? Coming from the Midwest so we have to plan a bit for the trip.
    Plan on base flows all summer. It's bony at Red Creek but it goes. We ran a hard boat recently at low flows. Hit a few rocks, but the sticker on the boat said to "fear no rock" so all good. A raft won't be a too bad as long as you stay away from the pointy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Hey all,
    What’s the protocol for signing out the first come first serve sites? I’ve reversed cottonwood a few times , but missed the dates this year.

I know you sign up at Little hole,
    But can you get in line the night before, early am? We will be there a Saturday in June , so expecting it to be busy and want to make sure we can get a spot

On another note, looking like a really minimal high water period this year ....only holding 4k for one day then decreasing back to low water...??
    The LH board is a 2-week sliding window. Getting a spot for a Saturday the day before = slim pickings. And yeah, no big flush this year which sucks. Likely a big moss year on C.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i cant belive i had to guide 4k cfs for a couple months round the turn of the century
    and now thats a 1 day flush
    the river fishes fine at 900
    rubber bounces fine
    pm me with what camps yad like
    and i can call people who could put my/your name on the board when it refreshes
    for 420 a night and a box of franzia
    i know a renouns pizza chef who will float in and cook the fams dinner
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks guys, appreciate the info.

SFB, pm incoming. Would gladly re-supply your crew in Dutch J if they are willing to help us out.

Favorite Green B section campsites?

Bumping again...been a while since I’ve camped and the rezzy system has changed. Are the first come/first serve places still available for sign up the evening prior/ morning of or is it literally first one to snag it? Heading over next week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by dtown; 06-16-2021 at 06:34 PM.