Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    sometimes white is just a color, to paraphrase doctor freud
    Sometimes it's the color of my johnson....to paraphrase George Carlin.

Sad times in the Upper Midwest...

They took our beloved high school logo:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REDMEN.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	332089

Any minute now they gonna start fucking with our Leinenkugels
    Name:  36010.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  10.1 KB

Somebody mentioned it up above^^, but the Washington Redkins persisting is pretty wack. Years ago when he was still a local sportswriter in DC, Tony Kornheiser suggested a viable alternative - they could keep the name but change the logo to a redskin potato. Who could get offended by a potato?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I’d buy that butter.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Somebody mentioned it up above^^, but the Washington Redkins persisting is pretty wack. Years ago when he was still a local sportswriter in DC, Tony Kornheiser suggested a viable alternative - they could keep the name but change the logo to a redskin potato. Who could get offended by a potato?

I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday about these "unprecedented times" and he was pondering whether it was real momentive that would finally stick. I told him I thought it would but that the true bellweather of progress would be Washington chaning their team name. I've always been amazed at their reisistence and the acquiescence of the public to let it stand.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That’s awesome.

I heard the land o lakes Indian was toast. Grabbed a box out of the fridge but they changed it years ago.

Does anyone remember folding it on half so her knees became titties?

Ahhh youth
    . . .

Name:  005DCB8A-50FB-4A94-9096-31A82DD65C57.png
Views: 288
Size:  81.4 KB
    . . .

jgb@etree Guest
    Waiting for the woke to get Yale to change their name. Elihu Yale was a East India Co governor and big time slave trader. Dude would ensure there were a minimum of 10 slaves on any ship bound for Europe when he was cracking the whip in India.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Waiting for the woke to get Yale to change their name. Elihu Yale was a East India Co governor and big time slave trader. Dude would ensure there were a minimum of 10 slaves on any ship bound for Europe when he was cracking the whip in India.
    That's a great idea. Thanks for pointing it out.

Eskimo Pie is in the history books.

And a new syrup premieres

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 7.35.56 AM.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	332182
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

If there is a more repugnant group of people than white Americans on the face of the earth, I haven't seen them.

Yale made a breakfast product?

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Yale made a breakfast product?
    Are you a complete fucking moron, or do you just automatically oppose anything I say?

3 years ago in all of their 'wokeness', Yale changed the name of Calhoun - one of their colleges - because:

"The decision to change a college’s name is not one we take lightly, but John C. Calhoun’s legacy as a white supremacist and a national leader who passionately promoted slavery as a 'positive good' fundamentally conflicts with Yale’s mission and values,"

It was renamed after Grace Hopper - a brilliant lady who graduated Yale in the 1930's went on to be an Navy Admiral and one of the pioneers of computer science - a kick ass lady to be sure.

So in line with the same 'values' that caused Yale to rename Calhoun > Hopper don't you think that Yale should change it's name as to not honor it's slave trading namesake?

Would it be a worse school if they changed the name? Would it be poorer, or less able to survive? Or would a name change reflect a positive attitude towards positive change and enhance their reputation and standing overall? And, would it give them a chance to not be the "Elis" (gotta be the worst name in college sports, although there's solid competition for that crown) sports anymore? Change it.

Are you a complete fucking moron, or do you just automatically oppose anything I say?

3 years ago in all of their 'wokeness', Yale changed the name of Calhoun - one of their colleges - because:

"The decision to change a college’s name is not one we take lightly, but John C. Calhoun’s legacy as a white supremacist and a national leader who passionately promoted slavery as a 'positive good' fundamentally conflicts with Yale’s mission and values,"

It was renamed after Grace Hopper - a brilliant lady who graduated Yale in the 1930's went on to be an Navy Admiral and one of the pioneers of computer science - a kick ass lady to be sure.

So in line with the same 'values' that caused Yale to rename Calhoun > Hopper don't you think that Yale should change it's name as to not honor it's slave trading namesake?

Trigger much?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

They can change the name to anything they want but it will still be in New Haven.

Apparently ol' Eli wasn't a good dude at all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Yale

Does anyone remember folding it on half so her knees became titties?

Of course I remember that.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday about these "unprecedented times" and he was pondering whether it was real momentive that would finally stick. I told him I thought it would but that the true bellweather of progress would be Washington chaning their team name. I've always been amazed at their reisistence and the acquiescence of the public to let it stand.
    What about Washington changing the state’s name? After all, didn’t George own slaves?

What would be a good replacement name? How about Malcolm X? Or just X? Seattle X has a good ring to it!

How bout STFU as you obviously DGAF and seem OOYM with your HUYA.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

what the heck is HUYA?

Name:	D76D3D56-E3EA-485E-B06C-A54884DC2617.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	332204

Head Up Your Ass

Happy Covid Fathers Day.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Great idea! Change the name.

What else you got? Let’s keep this momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They can change the name to anything they want but it will still be in New Haven.
    As long as Frank Pepe serves coal fired pizza they can rename Yale
    The Super Gay Trans Polyamorous School of Douchebaggery
    . . .