Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

It's hard to believe that people give a shit about this when States like FL. and TX. are having records of COVID-19 cases everyday, and the gov't. is not considering dialing things back. People just seem not to care anymore.
    Personally, screw Auntie Jemina and the people who actually care anything about her product. Seriously. Laughable.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

@ Monsieur Lafitte: What we did where I worked then was deal with the USDA for companies that were subject to its regulations. Some of the stuff he made for Copeland's didn't have definition in the USDA regs, so it was problematic for him to get approval to make and ship it across state lines. So we had to help create product standards that they could then enforce. I remember talking to him about Boudin. He was like, "Fuck if i know, it's motherfucking Boudin. You throw shit in when you make boudin."

The "boo-DAN" was classic. Needless to say, the USDA wasn't happy with the "throw shit in" recipe, we had to kinda work around that one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @ Monsieur Lafitte: What we did where I worked then was deal with the USDA for companies that were subject to its regulations. Some of the stuff he made for Copeland's didn't have definition in the USDA regs, so it was problematic for him to get approval to make and ship it across state lines. So we had to help create product standards that they could then enforce. I remember talking to him about Boudin. He was like, "Fuck if i know, it's motherfucking Boudin. You throw shit in when you make boudin."

The "boo-DAN" was classic. Needless to say, the USDA wasn't happy with the "throw shit in" recipe, we had to kinda work around that one.

RIP Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima

Funny. I can almost hear it now.

Damn. Don’t get me started about boudin. My grandpa used to get gator tags for some oil leases in LA. He’d Have the catch processed and some of it would come back as the best g-dang boudin you’d ever had in your life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Very cool. A lot of the New Orleans/Cajun products you can see now in stores are a direct result of my work, USDA didn't know boudin, and they also didn't know andouille and tasso and some others, it was a pretty big project. Al used to send me samples of new shit sometimes, that was pretty cool.

You can't make this stuff up! SJW folks are probably making some serious coin googling everything they can to connect some distant dots:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/univers...acist-history/

At this pace I anticipate the wearing of masks will be considered racist somehow....

I was raised on aunt jemima and uncle bens type foods - now you’re gonna just cancel them? You’re erasing my history! My childhood will might as well not have even happened.

This is an outrage! I will be mad about this and expend a lot of energy on my facebook until it stops getting likes and comments and then I’ll crash into a depression realizing my life is worthless and I’m just waiting to d.....oh wait! What’s Starbucks doing now? No “black coffee”?!? Well I never

Nobody should be eating all that processed garbage anyway.
    Never mind that guy, what about this guy??

Attachment 331875

(That’s Chef Joe G. in NYC. My name is Joe G. We Joe G.’s are not amused. Well okay, we’re a little amused.)
    OMG, Bukake!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    You can't make this stuff up! SJW folks are probably making some serious coin googling everything they can to connect some distant dots:

At this pace I anticipate the wearing of masks will be considered racist somehow....
    So the black guy who invented the cheer mimicking an alligator snap is to be overlooked when banning the cheer?

Not that I particularly care, mostly because I don't like UF, but holy shit on a stick are people reaching now. Good luck trying to tell 100k fans in the Swamp how to cheer next year, or any year after that.
    I still call it The Jake.

I guess the “White Outs” and “Black Outs” at college football/basketball games are done.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So the black guy who invented the cheer mimicking an alligator snap is to be overlooked when banning the cheer?

Not that I particularly care, mostly because I don't like UF, but holy shit on a stick are people reaching now. Good luck trying to tell 100k fans in the Swamp how to cheer next year, or any year after that.
    Now that would be a use of tear gas I would support.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post

Guaranteed you got this on FaceCancer.

nfw did anyone, ever, use a black baby as gator bait. Come the fuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Heh. My kid says that he "feels bad" for kids who don't get real maple syrup and are raised on that HFC shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Only white, upper middle class people can afford real maple syrup.
    Lol. If you don’t waste syrup. And you use syrup less than once a week it’s so affordable. A little goes a long way.

And both my boys won’t eat fake syrup cause I raised em right

But if you eat toaster waffles 7 days a week, you can’t afford real syrup

PS. Things that annoy me? Saying surup
    So cringe
    . . .

Guaranteed you got this on FaceCancer.

nfw did anyone, ever, use a black baby as gator bait. Come the fuck on.
    Not that I disagree with you at all, but is the cbsnews link fake?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Not that I disagree with you at all, but is the cbsnews link fake?
    Just about every news outlet is carrying this story. Do a search.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Just about every news outlet is carrying this story. Do a search.
    Nah, I get all my news right here, thank you very much. Besides, I was agreeing/commenting on Ice's post that A) no way anyone used a black baby as alligator bait; did early 19th century Louisiana not have any cats? and 2) I read his comment regarding facebook as doubting the source akin to the situation that we all have at least one parent or relative that will forward you the latest made up bit of nonsense they found on faceplace that day.

Either way, good luck enforcing that UF. I'd be more impressed if FSU got rid of the chop and chant.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I guess the “White Outs” and “Black Outs” at college football/basketball games are done.....lol
    sometimes white is just a color, to paraphrase doctor freud

In Aug., I'm driving right through Lafayette, LA. I be sure to buy a few pounds for my son's freezer.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I sold some logo golf umbrellas once to a large consumer product company. Had to redo the prototype a couple of times to get the flesh tone of the man in the logo right. Customer said he looked "Too ethnic". Last time I looked the logo guy was blonde.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Apparently this changed too, but it has the same flavor. Makes no sense to me. Gay soup is now happy soup, but with the same gay flavor.

What happened to Oriental Flavor ramen?

Thanks for being such an avid fan of this flavor! The name Oriental Flavor has now been updated to Soy Sauce Flavor to better reflect the distinct flavor profile of this tasty dish. Despite the name change, the traditional flavor and recipe of this product have remained the same. We hope this answers your question!
    And from the same brilliant company:

Why does Maruchan Instant Lunch use Stryofoam cups?

We have found that Styrofoam cups hold heat and protects our customers hands from hot broth within the cup. Stryofoam is also designated as a recyclable product.

CHICAGO—In response to nationwide protests regarding police brutality and racial discrimination, food conglomerate Quaker Oats announced Friday that after 130 years, it would replace its historically racist Aunt Jemima mascot with a black female lawyer who enjoys pancakes from time to time. “The time has come to replace Jemima, a problematic and stereotypical character that originated in minstrel shows, with Sheila, the public defender of cultivated tastes who eats pancakes on occasion, in addition to a variety of other foods,” said Quaker spokesperson Aaron Parshley, who explained that the former Aunt Jemima brand of syrups and pancake mixes would now bear a logo depicting an African American woman who wears a suit, carries a briefcase, and isn’t an aunt per se, though she is godmother to the child of a dear friend she met as an undergraduate at Dartmouth College. “Our new mascot is based on several real-life black women who are lawyers and eat pancakes some mornings when they aren’t too busy litigating on behalf of the disadvantaged. While Sheila does enjoy our extended line of breakfast foods, that is only one small facet of her rich and complex identity as a human being: Sheila also speaks fluent Italian, likes U2, is bisexual, and enjoys cross-country skiing. Let us make it clear that Sheila never serves the pancakes herself, but now and then goes to a diner near the courthouse where waitresses and waiters of a variety of races serve them to her.” At press time, Mars Inc. announced it would follow suit by replacing the mascot of its Uncle Ben’s brand with a black engineering graduate student.

Quote Originally Posted by fhw View Post
    No we don't.
    OK then.
    / Dickhead.
    "Can't you see..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 6.03.50 AM.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	332087
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime