Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: Ripmo AF

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    17,191
    So, while daydreaming shopping... For $2K more and 5# less:

    https://www.backcountry.com/devinci-...50YWluLWJpa2Vz

    Full carbon frame, XO1, carbon rims - and only a 50% increase in price vs a Ripmo AF SLX build.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    So, while daydreaming shopping... For $2K more and 5# less:

    https://www.backcountry.com/devinci-...50YWluLWJpa2Vz

    Full carbon frame, XO1, carbon rims - and only a 50% increase in price vs a Ripmo AF SLX build.
    Causes cancer, unrideable.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    17,191
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Causes cancer, unrideable.
    That's the kind of pull-on-punches review that we need!

    Ripmo AF SLX $4000.
    -DVO suspension, nice dropper, full SLX incl 4-piston brakes
    Add carbon rims $800

    Vs:

    Devinci Spartan 29 XO1 $6200
    -Lyrik/RS, Reverb (51mm offset fork), Guide brakes - some parts on the Ripmo are preferable
    -carbon frame
    -Carbon rims with Vault hubs

    Hmm. Worth calling backcountry.com and seeing if they'll do a deal? Online checkout wants to charge sales tax and shipping. But if it could get down to $5500 delivered...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park, Vt
    Posts
    215
    are you sure the Spartan is actually lighter? Devincis are CHUNKY but they ride so good.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,708
    No doubt Devinci makes stout bikes but at least they come with a lifetime warranty.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,361
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That's the kind of pull-on-punches review that we need!

    Ripmo AF SLX $4000.
    -DVO suspension, nice dropper, full SLX incl 4-piston brakes
    Add carbon rims $800

    Vs:

    Devinci Spartan 29 XO1 $6200
    -Lyrik/RS, Reverb (51mm offset fork), Guide brakes - some parts on the Ripmo are preferable
    -carbon frame
    -Carbon rims with Vault hubs

    Hmm. Worth calling backcountry.com and seeing if they'll do a deal? Online checkout wants to charge sales tax and shipping. But if it could get down to $5500 delivered...
    You'll get the Devinci "right away", whereas you'll be waiting for the Ripmo AF for how long? Unless you can find one in stock somewhere, it looks like you won't get one until early 2021 if someone has to order it for you: https://www.ibisb2b.com/ripmo-af.html

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    17,191
    Anything coming up this fall in the demo bikes sale, smmokan?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Anything coming up this fall in the demo bikes sale, smmokan?
    Good question, I may be in the market too!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Dubb-C
    Posts
    391
    I actually have 2 Ripmo's I may part with (building up a Ripley)...

    2020 Rimpo AF, sz.L
    with upgraded Jade X Coil, DVO fork.
    -DVO Jade x coil w/550 spring
    -DVO Diamond front fork
    -Ibis ALU Bar/Ibis stem, green lizard skin grips
    -NX Eagle
    -DT Swiss wheelset w/ Maxxis tires
    -Sram Level T 4 piston brakes 200/180 rotors
    -KS 170mm dropper
    Name:  Ripmo AF.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  184.2 KB

    2019 Ripmo V1, sz.L
    -Fox DPX2 EVOL
    -Fox Factory 36, 160mm (clean stanchions, scuff on stickers)
    -Ibis ALU Bar/Ibis stem
    -GX Eagle
    -Ibis S35 wheelset, Ibis branded hubs w/ Maxxis tires
    -XTR piston brakes 180/180 rotors
    -Bike Yoke 175mm dropper
    (some items shown in the picture removed for sale)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4724.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	340617

    I'm located in the SF Bay Area...would really prefer not to ship, but willing to since these bikes are hard to find. Shoot me a PM if interested and we can text/email from there...
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,673
    Stolen from a friend, in case anyone sees it while shopping:



    Name:  Screenshot_20200917-221116_Instagram.jpeg
Views: 1298
Size:  35.6 KB
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,766
    Aspen Bike still has a couple of small AF’s and Ripley’s.
    It’s a seasonal shop that closes 10/1, so you might even be able to get a deal.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,910
    What’s the sizing on these things? I am 6’1” and size up to an XL on any Santa Cruz.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Good question, I may be in the market too!
    Got a buddy who will be interested in a size 3 TP when you put them up too.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My Slx came with the Jade coil and Spank wheels.

    It’s a little heavy, but nothing’s broke in two months of riding park.
    I jinxed myself. Rear hub exploded yesterday.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    732
    I bought my Ripmo V2 carbon slx build from probikesupply’s Memorial Day sale. I upgraded to carbon bars and bike yoke revive. Everyone on the internet said it would not arrive until December. It was delivered early August. The bike is a little more than I need for local trails, but its still a blast.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Trees
    Posts
    739
    I was cleaning and greasing the bushings/bearings on my AF and discovered I am missing a link bolt. My LBS is checking w IBIS for a spare but im looking for a backup plan.

    Any chance one of you Fuckos have a link bolt from your spare parts bin that you could fedex me for beer$.

    This is the one

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1124.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	341883

    Thanks!
    That Don't Make No Sense

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Trees
    Posts
    739

    Ripmo AF

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    I was cleaning and greasing the bushings/bearings on my AF and discovered I am missing a link bolt. My LBS is checking w IBIS for a spare but im looking for a backup plan.

    Any chance one of you Fuckos have a link bolt from your spare parts bin that you could fedex me for beer$.

    This is the one

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1124.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	341883

    Thanks!
    Sourced from IBIS. Should arrive tomorrow.

    Gonna have spares if anyone else ends up in the same boat.
    Last edited by Cabinfever; 10-01-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •