Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^^^Right? Massively dumped on and gringos not welcome, especially you puto's with a US passport.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I am only 50km from this, and can´t get at it....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cámaras_Web_La_Parva.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	332546

Been waiting for both snow and a light at the end of tunnel to post 2020. No light yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    This will probably be the year chile gets snow...
    Portillo's social media posts seem to imply that, so far, you're correct. It's early, though... it could get even better or it could get worse.

We can all hope for next year, right?

gnarbro, what's it shaping up to look like for this year? Is the season even happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    I am only 50km from this, and can´t get at it....

Name:	Cámaras_Web_La_Parva.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	332546

Been waiting for both snow and a light at the end of tunnel to post 2020. No light yet.....
    Damn man - been watching your reports for years. Didn’t realize travel was that tightly restricted within regions. Sorry to hear.

Name:	C864695B-16E5-4633-B0BA-6EF63DD2DC18.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	332610

Name:	7FB7DE38-D508-4D1C-B1EC-6E7A919706BF.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	332611

The dawn today......

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Portillo's social media posts seem to imply that, so far, you're correct. It's early, though... it could get even better or it could get worse.

We can all hope for next year, right?

gnarbro, what's it shaping up to look like for this year? Is the season even happening?
    Without revealing too much internal discussion, Portillo’s season is in serious doubt. As discussed earlier, Portillo is a landlocked cruise ship that relies heavily on international guests. They are definitely trying to think outside the box when it comes to getting skis on the hill, especially when it comes to national teams and training on Roca.

I don’t have any current plans to travel down there for work, but there is real concern of natural avalanche activity destroying infrastructure. It has happened in the past. While there are Chilean line staff who help with control work in ski accessible places, the snow safety director is a gringo and the towering mountains above the valley require in-depth knowledge and skill to properly manage.

Huge bummer to miss out on what looks like is shaping up to be a real winter down there. Even bigger bummer for the staff who rely on Portillo for wages to get them through the winter. And most of all, horrible for Chile as a country. Social unrest and injustices abound, and then slammed hard by COVID19. While not being able to ski pow June-Sept may sound like “first world problems”, the effects are far reaching.

Name:	311FFC58-E4F5-4C6A-82EE-18EF617041AC.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	332612

The guanacos get their day

Name:	E2D06C8B-7456-496A-805F-2253E02AE6E4.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	332613

Portillo closed indefinitely. Ilegal to leave your house without special permission. Cops and military everywhere.

Casey-Hopefully the situation gets better for you guys! We all wish you the best! Thanks for the SA stoke and updates. We all appreciate it especially as its summer in the Northern Hemi while your getting the goods! Keep updating as you can- many of us are interested in the ongoing situation. Cheers!

Shit Casey! hope everything turns around for you guys in the next month of 2! Crazy times.

as the tribe flys high like a dove.

hoping things abate, big love.

^hoping covid abates, but the snow doesn't....

Lots can change in a few months anywhere in the world. If you plan on going it probably will be best to do it in September around Labor Day and book everything last minute and booked a lot through Argentine websites. This is how I did Argentina in 2004. Used miles for the flight and was there for 20 days and did laps under El Marte chair after a 2 meter dump. I doubt that it will get better in time for September this year especially with Brazil having serious virus issues but you never know.

Oh, i'm not planning on going anywhere for this austral season. I was referring more to snow from a drought reduction standpoint and the covid abatement from a public health perspective (especially so the chilenos can enjoy the snow).

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    ^hoping covid abates, but the snow doesn't....
    Almost everyone's hoping this but the fact of the matter is that the way most of us are not wearing masks and avoiding physical distancing as a constitutional right, the count of infections will only increase and will not abate.