Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHOEDOWN View Post
    A long, long time. On my last bike, I had cc front and rear and went through multiple tires over three years. No discernible damage or deterioration over that time.
    Ok thanks. Certainly makes the price reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Are you using a CO2 cartridge or a pump? CO2 can cause sealant to curdle.
    Ah, I did blow a couple of CO2 canisters to deal with flats. That's probably it.

Following up: I think the tire wobble is just from poor quality rubber. Not from the Air Liner. Time to replace the practically new Maxxis...
    sproing!

Maxxis wobble is fairly common. They may warrantee them

I went to the shops to check on liner options. Not many options. They all tried to sell me on the full cush core dh liner, like used car salesmen. I think i'll still try an xc cc but in the meantime i did an impulse buy on the new tannus tubeless liner after seeing the pb story. Probably take 2 months to get here so i might have to order the xc cc. It sounds pretty good?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/tannus-i...ss-insert.html

Inserts make you faster
    https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-...re-Insert,3815

Also, now another option.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

How do "flexible wings" add more stability in corners, assumingly versus something like a Cush Core? Wouldn't you want a solid insert to give you more support? I'm glad to see more options, but it sounds like an awful lot of marketing BS.

Ya i can see that adding more dampness over other stiffer liners but i cant see it adding more stability. Sidewalls usually flex outwards which is the same way the wings will apply pressure. It looks like the design will help the bead from rolling off a bit, add dampness and give rim protection. Its fairly inexpensive and light for options. I figure it'll be fun to try especially along side an xc cc. My nukeproof liner is inexpdnsive and light and works fairly well but it feels a bit like a brick in there. Not a big noticeable negative effect but its safe to say im not gaining any dampness out of it. I still have a fresh 27.5 nukeproof but i need a 29er liner and like to try others

It's pushing out on the sidewall. It's essentially a soft buttress.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

as a ME, that looks like a great option. They removed the liner where it isn't going to do anything (against the rim), and created 2 chambers of air (effectively). Should be more progressive to the rim on heavy strikes. I like the way that one looks, and will try it.

First off, this is relating to Cush Core XC with beefy Enduro casing tires. I have found I need to use at least a 1000 gram tires for hard riding, I figured I would why not try save a little weight with the insert. I have had two failures now with this setup. What has been the problem for me isn't necessarily the flat, although it sucked, Its more about what do you do with your cush core after you put your tube in... wearing a stinking nasty insert around yourself for the ride out is kinda shitty. Both failures were large punctures that led to sidewall pinching in the same impact. I am not sure its all worth the trouble after a couple of failures. I get the use of inserts for bike park but I think I may be done using it for bigger rides which actually means Im done using it because I'm not swapping that in out regularly...If I decide to have a dedicated gravity wheel set I think I will use the Tanus/Tube system because I wouldn't care about weight at that point and if there is a problem at least I just replace a tube without getting covered with latex.

Basically the koolaid is good until the shit is fucked, then you're riding with a fucking stinky pool noodle around your neck back to your car... For the record I stashed my $50 pool noodle for me to retrieve at a later date with a vehicle closer....
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Interesting. I can see that being a pita.I’m in the 1000g+ minimum club too but it’s been a few years without a problem/touch wood. That’s with a rear huck Norris. I’ve heard a few dings , mostly in the front without damage. Shuttling, park and the ebike I’m doing more laps and end up riding faster and I’ve gone up in the weight in my tires because of that.
    Is it really rocky in your area? Racing? What tires? Rims? I’m not sure I want to add too much more weight on a bike I’ll be climbing on. 1150g Michelin with huck have been functioning flawlessly. Just adding a touch more tryingotherliner options

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Interesting. I can see that being a pita.I’m in the 1000g+ minimum club too but it’s been a few years without a problem/touch wood. That’s with a rear huck Norris. I’ve heard a few dings , mostly in the front without damage. Shuttling, park and the ebike I’m doing more laps and end up riding faster and I’ve gone up in the weight in my tires because of that.
    Is it really rocky in your area? Racing? What tires? Rims? I’m not sure I want to add too much more weight on a bike I’ll be climbing on. 1150g Michelin with huck have been functioning flawlessly. Just adding a touch more tryingotherliner options
    We got rocks and the one I hit was sharp it seems, but I would call it rocky here. Specialized Eliminator BLCK DMND casing, 31mm internal Carbon rims (which is why I went with CC) not racing this year. I weigh 145lbs. Without CC I run 29-30 PSI or I flat. With CC I was 25-26. Both numbers being for the rear. Sometimes you just get unlucky but it sucks to deal with these things trail side when it does go wrong.

I probably would be so bitter about the experience if the biting flies weren't out in full force.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Remember with Vittoria you can ride for many miles with 0 air pressure. A tire failure which normally would have you walking, you can roll with. Replace the tire at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Remember with Vittoria you can ride for many miles with 0 air pressure. A tire failure which normally would have you walking, you can roll with. Replace the tire at home.
    I can ride with CC and no air, it doesn't mean it's a fun way to ride.

Formerly Rludes025

I've been running front and back CCs in aluminum I9 Gravities. Just picked up some E13 carbon wheels and probably going just rear. But I'm also going back to Minions from Ardents. Probably don't need one in the rear but I'm heavy and clumsy and this is my first set of carbons.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Maxxis wobble is fairly common. They may warrantee them

I went to the shops to check on liner options. Not many options. They all tried to sell me on the full cush core dh liner, like used car salesmen. I think i'll still try an xc cc but in the meantime i did an impulse buy on the new tannus tubeless liner after seeing the pb story. Probably take 2 months to get here so i might have to order the xc cc. It sounds pretty good?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/tannus-i...ss-insert.html

Just did an impulse buy after reading about your impulse buy haha! Those Tannus look like a great option. Been riding a lot more bike park this summer and am running Exo+ casings. For an extra 150 grams each, seems like a no brainer. And the setup will still be lighter than a DD casing without inserts.

Mine shipped out today, so double check your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    We got rocks and the one I hit was sharp it seems, but I would call it rocky here. Specialized Eliminator BLCK DMND casing, 31mm internal Carbon rims (which is why I went with CC) not racing this year. I weigh 145lbs. Without CC I run 29-30 PSI or I flat. With CC I was 25-26. Both numbers being for the rear. Sometimes you just get unlucky but it sucks to deal with these things trail side when it does go wrong.

I probably would be so bitter about the experience if the biting flies weren't out in full force.
    A yes, the mozzis give no quarter. The bush buffet to them.
    Thanks, sounds like a good set up other than the problems. Blck dmnd id basically a double down casing so should be good id think.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Just did an impulse buy after reading about your impulse buy haha! Those Tannus look like a great option. Been riding a lot more bike park this summer and am running Exo+ casings. For an extra 150 grams each, seems like a no brainer. And the setup will still be lighter than a DD casing without inserts.

Mine shipped out today, so double check your order.
    Nice. Youll get yours before mine i imagine so ill stay tuned

I'm a big dude and ride a lot of park and chunky CO rock. Been riding CC front and rear with a variety of Maxxis tires for the last year, on carbon Reynolds rims. No issues. it does make a big difference in the feel of the bike on long climbs, imo. I got one pinch flat with the CC in, on a DD DHR riding one of the rocky trails at Trestle last year. Went to DH casing for park after that and haven't had any issues. FWIW, I run 29/25 psi and am around 200 lbs.

riding the regular CC on XC style rides sucks, though. it's like climbing stairs with a weighted vest on.

That new Tannus stuff looks dope. Lots of marketing BS but at that price and weight it's hard to say no to trying it even if it sucks.

That was my thoughts. Its atleast an improvement over huck ,and reports say its more durable, and hucks been wirking for me with the appropriate weight tire

For the record, I reinstalled cc with a new tire even after the shit...

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    That new Tannus stuff looks dope. Lots of marketing BS but at that price and weight it's hard to say no to trying it even if it sucks.
    https://nsmb.com/articles/tannus-lau...-tire-inserts/

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/gear-4/...rdered-131661/

they ^^ seem to like them, light weight, easy to instal

When I helped do a cushcore it definalty took 2 of us
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-09-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Let me clarify; with Vittoria you barely notice you have no air in the tire when you have no air in the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I can ride with CC and no air, it doesn't mean it's a fun way to ride.

Cush Core, have it? want it? used it?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://nsmb.com/articles/tannus-lau...-tire-inserts/

“The tubeless Armour’s wings also give sidewall support for optimal cornering feel, while not overly stiffening sidewalls and impeding traction.”
    I’m really struggling to think of a scenario when I blamed poor traction on a robust sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

The only handling difference I've noticed from inserts comes from the ability to run a little lower (ie, reasonable) tire pressure.

I've also had a couple instances where I was riding a flat tire and didn't immediately notice it. There's so little air volume that a slow leak becomes a really fast leak and the difference between aired-up and flat is pretty subtle until you corner or hit some roots/rocks. I've been pinch-flat free (I'm 99% sure) since I installed Rimpact last season, until yesterday. Got another pincher on the front. Kinda baffling, because pressure was normal when I started the descent and I didn't feel or hear it hit anything. Meanwhile, I spent a good portion of a ride hammering the rear tire against rocks while completely flat, and that beautiful bastard Michelin is hole-free.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.