Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    12,176
    Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    Made this last week. Had to section out the vert to fit with dimensional lumber I found. Made the custom brackets from 1/4" plate and 1/2" round stock. Stuck some 1" gas pipe in there.
    Works great. Cost me about 50 bucks. Lots of found materials that and the chair was $350 10 years ago.
    Pretty cool and I suspect those brackets could be used in many applications like a porch swing instead of a freestanding one like that. Neat shit.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    959
    I used the cable clamp and strung a cable between two trees. this is an old chair from chair 5 at Baker, when they replaced the lift they sold all the chairs on closing day as they were taking them off, I bought one and Duncan suggested I take another because he didn't want to be stuck with them when they closed ( he also let me take one for a friend who lives in Glacier). I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski raccoon.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	335236

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,173
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.
    that would have made a good pic
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,173
    lobstahmeatwad, that looks simple and great!

    I really need to figure out mine one of these years. I have a safety bar/footrest which means I have to hang it high enough to use that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,986
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I used the cable clamp and strung a cable between two trees. this is an old chair from chair 5 at Baker, when they replaced the lift they sold all the chairs on closing day as they were taking them off, I bought one and Duncan suggested I take another because he didn't want to be stuck with them when they closed ( he also let me take one for a friend who lives in Glacier). I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski raccoon.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	335236

    The Trash Pandas seem to like it.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    854
    Danno, a small shop in Boulder called Last Chair Customs does great work. Zack is the owner, happy to make an intro. He fabbed a ceiling support plus powder coated a chair for us, from Eldora.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,173
    Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Danno, a small shop in Boulder called Last Chair Customs does great work. Zack is the owner, happy to make an intro. He fabbed a ceiling support plus powder coated a chair for us, from Eldora.
    Thanks mang. I think I may have had an email exchange with him a year or two ago based upon some pics I saw on FB. The problem is simply money, as in I have negative amounts to spare right now. And as soon as I have a surplus, the first big ticket item is a new bike. So turning the chair into a chair swing is down the list of priorities. But it is on the list!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •