Quality after market Ryobi lithium ion batteries ?

I have 3 Ryobi 18v lithium ion batteries that aren't holding charge so we'll. Anyone know of any decent after market batteries ? There are about 100 choices on Amazon and can't tell if any of them are decent. They are about 4-5 years old but I don't use them all that much but the last 2 months have been more use than the previous 2 years combined. If there is a way to revive them I would be interested as well.

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Honestly it’s a roll of the dice with the unbranded cordless battery game.... Go with what has the most solid reviews on Amazon.

Also, a local tool repair shop will pop open the battery and replace the internals for you... another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Go buy new 4ah ryobi 18v batteries. I don't even bother with the small batteries that come with their tools but the larger ones fucking rock. They keep up with Dewalt and Makita on my jobs all day long.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Also with all batteries it's important not to let them sit in a discharged state. When they get low put them on the charger

Unless Ryobi makes a better product in a cordless drill, their weed eaters and such were bottom feeders....so Ryobi and quality don't belong in the same sentence

Look for any battery pack that uses Panasonic cells, they're the cats meow

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Unless Ryobi makes a better product in a cordless drill, their weed eaters and such were bottom feeders....so Ryobi and quality don't belong in the same sentence

Look for any battery pack that uses Panasonic cells, they're the cats meow
    Ryobi has improved by leaps and bounds.

^ Sort of. The others have upped their game too so Ryobi is still a low end feeder. If it comes down to dollars and cents two of the HF brands are easily as good, usually 2/3 the price, and the new 40 volt brushless stuff is supposed to be pretty good. Right now they have a 40v chainsaw with battery and charger for $190. That said, my bottom of the line Ryobi 18v weedwacker is perfectly sufficient for what I need it to do.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I have 3 Ryobi 18v lithium ion batteries that aren't holding charge so we'll. Anyone know of any decent after market batteries ? There are about 100 choices on Amazon and can't tell if any of them are decent. They are about 4-5 years old but I don't use them all that much but the last 2 months have been more use than the previous 2 years combined. If there is a way to revive them I would be interested as well.
    I just ordered a generic pair about a month ago. I haven't used the battery for a big project yet, just lots of little random shit. Still haven't had to recharge it after the initial charge, so I am happy so far. I think I paid like $35 for 2, so even if they only last a year or two, I'll be OK. My original battery was crap for a year or two, so I've gotten in the habit of using a corded drill for bigger projects.... so much better!

Anyhow, here's what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075H9GKKS/ref=dp_cerb_1

Some of their tools are good. I got 3-5 years of the drill. I've abused the crap out of the recipe saw. Air nailer and impact wrench have been amazing. Flashlight, vacuum, portable fan, no issues. Angle grinder indispensable. DeWalt is better. Haven't tried Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Go buy new 4ah ryobi 18v batteries. I don't even bother with the small batteries that come with their tools but the larger ones fucking rock. They keep up with Dewalt and Makita on my jobs all day long.

Yup. The silver/grey 4ah lithium batteries are good and I've got a couple that are 3 years old and still working great.

Of course there are better tools out there, but for a homeowner they are pretty great for the buck for sure. The old yellow/orange batteries kind of sucked though.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

I actually want a couple of the smaller batteries. I use the recip saw for trail work and hauling that thing in with a 3-4ah battery sucks ass when I'm only making a dozen cuts.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I actually want a couple of the smaller batteries. I use the recip saw for trail work and hauling that thing in with a 3-4ah battery sucks ass when I'm only making a dozen cuts.
    Check this out then: https://slickdeals.net/f/14111819-18...?src=catpagev2 assume but you will have to verify that they fit and work with you saw.

If you need more tools to fill out then this is another option: https://slickdeals.net/f/14111075-pu...-home-depot-99 but of course is the higher end 4 ah batteries.

Someone in some thread mentioned being satisfied with Ruobi for medium light use general tools. So many options out there got tired of researching and figure I’ll end up with a small quiver anyway. hD offered a 40 volt battery, 14” chainsaw, and 10 foot 10” polesaw for $300. Made $300 today, so laid for. Happy so far. Super quiet compared to my old one. Made some nice cuts. Hope I get some mileage out of the batteries. Was hoping more tools ran on the 40v. I’ll probably get the leaf blower, not sure if I’ll get others. Might dive into the 18v tools at some point, not sure.

Someone in some thread mentioned being satisfied with Ryobi for medium use general tools. So many options out there got tired of researching and figure I’ll end up with a small quiver anyway. hD offered a 40 volt battery, 14” chainsaw, and 10 foot 10” polesaw for $300. Pulled the trigger, Made $300 today, so paid for. Happy so far. Super quiet compared to my old one. Made some nice cuts. Hope I get some mileage out of the batteries. Was hoping more tools ran on the 40v. I’ll probably get the leaf blower, not sure if I’ll get others. Might dive into the 18v tools at some point, not sure.

Noticed this on Slickdeals - sale on Ryobi 18v batteries:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14111819-18...?src=frontpage
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Noticed this on Slickdeals - sale on Ryobi 18v batteries:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14111819-18...?src=frontpage
    That's exactly what jm2e needs!

Yup. Just picked up today. Along with $25 Inflator.
    Cheers Boyz!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I've got probably the previous generation of Ryobi cordless tools, the ones with the black/yellow batteries. I picked up a couple generic replacements for cheap on eBay last year and they work just fine.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."