Thread: Moscow, ID

Moscow, ID

Looks like I'll be moving to Moscow, ID this winter. Any ideas on places to work and ski that are relatively nearby? Any help would be appreciated. Paz.
    Esse quam videri

yeah this guy is hiring!
    JONG>

i dont know what a "good" job is, but i can tell you that there's a girl that works at the tri-state store and she would be a fun co-worker. pizza buffet at branegans was good too, made me feel like puking after slaying way too much food. other than that, i cant help much cause i just lived there for 3 weeks for work. go vandals eh
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Talking

Vandals d00d!! Woo hoo!

Thumbs up

aww schuks..
    not much on www.moscow.com , believe it or not, that is the official website of Moscow ID, though you may already know that.

It looks like there is one help wanted add for a teacher, but if I were you, I would check the business listings for people who might be hiring

as for skiing, well I am just too tired to look for you right now, but Schweitzer is maybe a few hours from there? I dunno.

look into the 2020 club though, it seems another good place to meet the movers and shakers... you know if you feel like movin and shaking. Here's there mission statement.
    " Moscow Vision 2020 is an informal, multi-partisan group of Moscow residents formed in 1993 to encourage more public information and debate about the future of Moscow and Latah County. We do make a difference!!! Join us in helping to participate in the future of our community."

sounds like party line to me, but I live in a blue state (just county really)

best of luck compa
    Last edited by tibaher; 08-14-2005 at 10:25 PM.

Utilities website
    http://www.avistautilities.com/default.asp?q=1

power companies website
    http://clearwaterpower.com/

surrounding communities web site
    http://www.kendrick-juliaetta.org/

the local paper
    http://www.lataheagle.com/

I'm bored now>

Bluewood Ski Area

"Ideally situated in the Blue Mountains of southeastern Washington you'll find Bluewood, one of the States best kept secrets. Bluewood has the second highest base elevation in Washington State and is renowned for its clear skies and dry powder, while receiving an average snowfall of more the 300 inches annually. If you would like to visit a ski and snowboard area this season where you can enjoy short lift lines, uncrowded slopes, unlimited powder, some of the best tree skiing/riding in the northwest, and a wide variety of terrain, then escape to Bluewood."
    stickyicky
    I'm not a pimp or a master of anything....go figure

I hear they're hiring at the prison in Pendleton.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Pullman is kinda close. Washington State University. Jobs??

mapquest says about 15 miles.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Pullman is kinda close. Washington State University. Jobs??

mapquest says about 15 miles.
    Roundtrip right? Pullman is 7 miles west of Moscow. Schweitzer in the winter is a 3 hour drive north. Silver Mtn. (gondola ride to get to base) about the same drive time. Brundage Mtn. south, is a little over three hours. Pretty much going to be looking at small college town type of jobs. You may be able to pull a part time Forest Service gig or Fish and Game gig. Lewiston is 30 miles south and offers more opportunities for work. If you have any experience in environmental sampling or along those lines, check out Terragraphics, they are a consulting firm up there.

The Vandals, do they mean that like 'people destroying private property'? Or does Vandal (if Im even spelling it right) have another meaning?
    the good. the bad. the ugly.