Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heated socks

Lenz for the win. Digging snow pits in plug boots is comfy now. Who would’ve thought. Def worth the €€

I am dying to try the lenz for my girlfriend and I have heard some positive things which I was very surprised about to be honest

Spring for the Lenz 6.0 compression socks. They are much improved over previous versions.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

About a week on snow now in my Lenz. Worth every penny. I run them on setting 2 on the app and forget them. Toes stay perfect all day. I'll probably grab the 6.0 sock next season.
    Training for Alpental

Anyone know if the 4.0 is any good or if the 5.0 is a notable improvement?

I can find 4.0 sets for a little more than half the price of the 5.0

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

What. What?? I've got serious long term frostbite issues with the tips of my big toes. Have run Hottronics for a while but haven't installed in the new boots yet.

Is this legit a heated sock that fits like a regular ski sock and provides some elec heating??

Love the idea of heating on top of the toes, but my boots are fitted without much wiggle room there.

Will they fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Anyone know if the 4.0 is any good or if the 5.0 is a notable improvement?

I can find 4.0 sets for a little more than half the price of the 5.0
    5.0 Toecap design is a distinct improvement because the heating element starts on top of the toes (where the blood comes from) . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Is this legit a heated sock that fits like a regular ski sock and provides some elec heating??

Love the idea of heating on top of the toes, but my boots are fitted without much wiggle room there.
    Depends on what you mean by "not much room" - the Lenz sock is not as thin as an ultralight Smartwool or Darntough, similar to my ultralight Le Bents . . . so more like a "light" weight in most brands.

Returned my lenz 6.0s....a little too thick and thought battery drained wayyyy too fast

I don't know, in the winter I usually use the simplest winter socks, great to keep my feet warm and not and also great for ski boots. At home I go without socks, as in winter I always have warmth, I just have heating, which does a very good job. I bought sale priced designer radiators and I don't need warm socks. Cool design that improves the look of the apartment and insulates it well.
    Last edited by trueevan; 05-24-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Saw this get bumped and thought I should throw this out there. I have lenz socks. The newest model. I have the regular weight and a pair of compression socks.

I have some nerve damage from the sock wires not following my instep correctly. They shifted when I was sliding into my Zipfit and then into my plug. It ended up pinching a nerve and I get a little tingling in my second and third toes. No big deal. And I’m not going to say it’s the socks fault, it’s the meathead that didn’t pay attention well enough.

I have gone back to hotronics, they work better I feel like with a Zipfit and the laces on the tongue. Running hotronics is great when you move your liner to multiple pairs of boots like I do. The batteries also last longer. If I was only skiing my 50/50 boot that fits great I would only use my heated socks. But have a boot quiver with zipfits the hotronics work better.

I got a pair of hotronics for xmas, the LP2PBT model so full load with the thinner sock, biggest Battery blue tooth control ect, I found there was plenty of battery for a day of skiing, I expected to feel a more pronounced heat but instead my feet just didn't get cold

Even with the thinner sock I had to fiddle with a slightly thinner foot bed to get more room but I got lots of foot beds so it wasn't a problem

I like em
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anybody use the Thermic/Sidas version?

+1 for the Lenz 6.0. Agree, not as thin as a “thin” ski sock, more like one step thicker than that. No problem keeping toes warn on some very cold VT days this past season. I used Hotronic heaters year ago, no comparison with these. Their new stuff is no doubt better. Pricey but worth it for me. A lot of frozen toe history. Not a concern any more.

I should of added earlier, the socks are still great and work awesome with the app and last a lot longer. I never had to go over 4.

I had hotronics in the past and I really liked them but I ended up breaking the wires regularly resulting in inconsistent heating and regular work to repair.

The lenz socks work amazing and don't have that issue but the 1200 battery won't last the entire day if it's really cold. I usually don't last the entire day either so they work for me but others might not agree. And there is an 1800 battery pack that would probably last the day.

what wires? On my latest greatest version of the Hotronics there are no wires, list price was 520 canuckian $

the battery pack snaps directly into 3 snaps on the cuff of the sock, you control it voia blue tooth with your phone

the only wires seem to be the heater element embeded in the sock and so if the sock fucks up I would just buy new socks for i think 70$

XXX I think shorty and I are both talking hotronics for the insoles and not socks. At least I am. I use regular hotronics for my insoles now in zipfits instead of socks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    XXX I think shorty and I are both talking hotronics for the insoles and not socks. At least I am. I use regular hotronics for my insoles now in zipfits instead of socks.
    yeah I wondered about that but the thread title is " heated socks "

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Yup... this.

Ya. I was only adding due to the problem that I was having with heated socks and the wires in the lenz. I know of another person on the forum as well whose other half had the same problem as mine with plug boots as well. I guess it comes down to, if you wear a very thin sock to start in your boot, the lenz socks could be too thick to even start to work.

Just to pile on the praise: I got a pair of the 5.0s this year after years of cold toes, and finally getting significant frostbite ice climbing this winter. Fit is much better than I expected. Fits like something on the thinner side of medium. I am pretty sensitive to folds/wires/etc. I don’t have any issues with the wires. Battery life isn’t amazing. If you go above 3, probably not making it past 5 hrs. 2 or 3 gets me through a whole day. The Bluetooth app is really convenient, and helps me save battery by turning them off once my feet or temps have warmed.

If these things cost $150, they would be an amazing deal. At the current prices, it’s painful but necessary for me to keep skiing and in our cold temps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hit up PTex1 ( Tim ) for some deals on Lenz, and more.
    I grabbed Lenz 6.0 socks with their largest RCB 1800 battery for myself for next season, along with some Thermic heated Mittens for my wife. Great price, fast shipping, couldn't ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by ARL67 View Post
    Hit up PTex1 ( Tim ) for some deals on Lenz, and more.
    I grabbed Lenz 6.0 socks with their largest RCB 1800 battery for myself for next season, along with some Thermic heated Mittens for my wife. Great price, fast shipping, couldn't ask for more.
    Thanks for the lead, I think it's time for me. My toes are still cold from mid-March.