Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    I thought this was an informative article about the noose: https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...w-fbi-findings

Summary: It is the only one in all of the garages, has been there for many months, still unknown why it was used or who put it there. The garage assignment to Wallace was random. Wallace did not see the noose (until it was brought to his attention by NASCAR), the noose was reported to NASCAR by someone on his team and NASCAR then acted on it. Again, it's definitely a noose, and none of the other garage pulldowns are nooses. But nobody yet knows who put it there and when/why. Wallace, who did not even report the damn thing, was not part of some Smollett-type fabrication.

But sure, TNKen, keep up with the racist jokes and ignoring the real problems, it clearly is working for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The story about the US white Americans tell ourselves and the story everyone else on the planet tells are complete opposites.
    Can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Did Bubba call in the “noose” or did someone else?
    Someone else called it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    how so? the tweeters & hashtaggers out there don't own multi-billion dollar businesses to create change. But they can talk about it

it seems NASCAR is reacting and changing policy DUE to the current wave of "SJW warriors" who've decided to amplify the message that racism is still a problem

and that's irrespective of whether the noose was in the garage long term
    I see real action being taken by a billion dollar sport and I see hashtags and reposts from the same people that were fired up about the covid a month ago and whatever the outrage du jour was the month before that and the month before that.

Sure NASCAR has the money and sway to put change into action that the SJWs don't, however the fact that they may be reacting to the current groundswell is no different than the hashtag army reacting to the same groundswell in their actions.

The difference I see is that so many of the people on social media and the like will simply move on to some other thing to be outraged about and vociferously chide those in their feeds when the next thing they can virtue signal about pops up in a month without ever taking even the slightest action behind their keystrokes. Cynical? Maybe, but it's what I see time and time again. Oh look, a castle!

Anyway, I like how the sport and it's teams are supporting Bubba, and I think he's a great face for change. Everyone jumping on him because this incident didn't turn out to be the hate crime it initially appeared to be are real assholes.
    I still call it The Jake.

Is that really accurate? Did Bubba call in the “noose” or did someone else? He certainly didn’t plant it himself like Jussie Smollet (watch Chappelle’s last stand-up special on that assclown for a good take).

I’m admittedly not a huge NASCAR fan, but I’ve watched more than I ever have due to it being the only live sports during the week, and I gotta say, I’m impressed with how that sport is tackling these issues head-on. They have a very good front-man in Bubba.

Man, Twitter is such a cesspool.
    No. Crew member found it, told the drew chief, who reported it to NASCAR

More fake news from then far right bullshit dept. And the fake memes follow

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...m1ugxiat5k4wzu
    NASCAR noted Tuesday that the No. 43 team "had nothing to do with" the noose prior to its discovery.

"(The crew member) was kind of outraged at how things were I guess concluded," Wallace said. "He says, 100 percent, if he had seen it again, he would do it all over again and not hold back. He says in our section of the garage there were about 10 stalls. He said before he even said anything to our crew chief to report it, he walked up and down the garages to see if this was the same thing.

"He said that every other garage pull had no knot. Just a single piece of rope. And the picture I got from what they had eventually cut down and turned it into the FBI, it was simply in fact a noose. ... The FBI backed that up 100 percent."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...l1hcbiaadbydtr
    A "pissed" Bubba Wallace began having his say Tuesday night hours after federal law enforcement officials said the "noose" that was found hanging from the NASCAR driver's garage stall Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway had been there for months and was therefore not a hate crime against him.

Wallace, the only Black driver in NASCAR's Cup Series and an Alabama native, told CNN's Don Lemon that no matter how long the rope had been up there, it was "a straight-up noose" and not a garage pull, which is what social media detectives are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    NASCAR is dying. This is the most attention the sport has gotten in years
    What other sport besides Korean baseball is there right now? Hell, I might even watch ultimate frisbee if that were on.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What other sport besides Korean baseball is there right now? Hell, I might even watch ultimate frisbee if that were on.
    Fuck, now you've done it.

Cornhole championships were on the ESPN the other night.

That was live or a repeat?

I have to assume it was live. They were wearing masks and all.

It was like watching two guys play cornhole at a backyard barbeque.

Except it was inside an arena.

And no one was there except for the guy in gloves who would pick up the bags for the players.

And there was no bbq.

And there was no beer.

And it was on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Yup. And the South is still full of racist and misogynistic inbred fucks, that didn't change
    Remember the last time the Dems sanctioned and facilitated violence in the streets? 50+ years ago. Something about Jim Crow.

Ah yes, I remember it well. I was there. Where were you? In a onesie?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Remember the last time the Dems sanctioned and facilitated violence in the streets? 50+ years ago. Something about Jim Crow.
    you mean the same call out trump did in Tulsa?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    how so? the tweeters & hashtaggers out there don't own multi-billion dollar businesses to create change. But they can talk about it

it seems NASCAR is reacting and changing policy DUE to the current wave of "SJW warriors" who've decided to amplify the message that racism is still a problem

and that's irrespective of whether the noose was in the garage long term
    Maybe we SJW's should start flying Confederate flags so we can take them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I never said that. Obviously there is a decent mix, probably skewed more left, but likely center/left at best.
    What I am saying is that it is Liberals pushing for the removal of all of these statues and name changes. I am equal opportunity when it comes to hypocrisy. I really don't feel like either party fits me, especially the far right and left sides.

I have personal experience with the cleansing of names and history. My Alma Mater's mascot was the Brown Indians back in the day. Since the late 80's, we have been through multiple watered down bullshit mascots. I am not sure if they didn't try to negotiate with the Salamanca Tribe, or if that wasn't even an option back then. It is stupid. Our colors were brown, and we were surrounded by indian land. Everyone was fine with it until they weren't.

My father and sister's Alma Mater was under attack a few years back. Icemang, or whoever he is now, knows about the controversy at Holy Cross. Their mascot is the Crusader. Some of the Woke students wanted it changed because of the negative history associated with The Crusades. That is just silly.

The Cleveland Indians name has come under attack as well. They are named that to honor an American Indian baseball player, that coincidentally has ties back to Holy Cross a well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Sockalexis. Now, if you want to change their logo mascot, I can see your point, but it never stops there with the social justice brigade.

I just find this mouth foaming woke social justice warrior stuff to be so tiresome. I don't care which side the ridiculous comes from, I call it what it is. You want to erase history, change names, call out historical figures, fine. Start with looking in the mirror, and branch out. Yale, Harvard, Brown, they all have ties to slave traders, abolitionists, and people that weren't too kind to native peoples. So if we are going to attack every little monument or stature, maybe we should start by going after the institutions that actually represent us around the world.

I think THAT is why this has become such a "gotcha" for liberals when conservatives bring it up. It is because it is only logical, and logic has no place in the social justice brigade.
    In the first place "Liberal" is capitalized in GB, where it is a party. It is not capitalized in the US.

In the second place, I went to Oberlin. Our team name was Yeomen. Nobody there knew what the fuck a yeoman is, and most definitely no one had ever seen one. There's no picture of one on any college stuff and no mascot. Maybe we should find out and change the name if it turns out to be offensive. But we were a stop on the Underground Railroad , the first coed college in the US, and our only athletic claim to fame was hiring Tommy Smith as asst AD so definitely SJW's.

In the third place, if anyone wants to go after the Ivy's or Duke or any other university with a history of ties to slavery, I have no problem with that. For all the liberalism of a lot of profs at elite colleges, those places are breeding grounds for the ruling elite and specialize in co-opting SJW's into corporate/governing America.

In the 4th place, the only person foaming at the mouth around here is you.

Our team name was Yeomen. Nobody there knew what the fuck a yeoman is... Maybe we should find out and change the name if it turns out to be offensive
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeomanry
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So the shock troops of British Colonialism. Sounds like a name change is in order.

Take that KQ. Brit skipping tea time and bringing the Googlz skills.

I went to Oberlin.
    Nothing against you personally mind you; the mention of Oberlin reminded me of the school's recent ridiculous predicament it put itself in over a black student getting busted shoplifting and failure to accept the outcome of that event. Seems timely given this thread and these times to follow the absurd story again as the school appeals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson...berlin_College

So the shock troops of British Colonialism. Sounds like a name change is in order.
    I'm actually surprised that it hasn't been brought up by the students before, honestly. Change the army-guy name to a tree or some shit. Worked out for Stanford.

Was Oberlin the same school where students were protesting the cafeteria food being called "Thai" something on the grounds it was cultural appropriation?

Take that KQ. Brit skipping tea time and bringing the Googlz skills.
    Tea Time?

It was before noon.

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Here is a quote from the Southern Poverty Law Center in Atlanta re the Stone Mountain Georgia carvings.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution guest columnist R.K. Sehgal put it this way:

“I compare erasing the Stone Mountain carving to the way a middle-aged adult might view removing an unfortunate teen-aged arm tattoo. He can cut off his arm, an extreme remedy. He can attempt medical removal, resulting in a disfigured reminder of his bad decision. Or he can leave it as-is, a clear reminder of bad choices on his journey and use it as a lesson about how to create a better future. Art is always instructive if we let it speak to us. Even when it tells a sad story, eventually it coaxes insights and learning of history, liberation, reconciliation, and a positive way forward.”
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Nobody there knew what the fuck a yeoman is, and most definitely no one had ever seen one.
    uhm, wut?

Was Oberlin the same school where students were protesting the cafeteria food being called "Thai" something on the grounds it was cultural appropriation?
    Yeah, something along those lines that if the school cafeteria wasn't going to treat the food it served with respect for its culture then it is defacto appropriation.

Then again the school that produced Lena Dunham has no shortage of well formed examples of aggression.

I think we had cheeseburgers and ham sandwiches in my freshman year cafe.

The conservatives(actually just Southern Democrats) always trot out the moron fringe Lib stories rather than looking in the mirror.

‘Yeah, but Antifa!!’

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I have to assume it was live. They were wearing masks and all.

It was like watching two guys play cornhole at a backyard barbeque.

Except it was inside an arena.

And no one was there except for the guy in gloves who would pick up the bags for the players.

And there was no bbq.

And there was no beer.

And it was on tv.
    Wh the actual fuck???

Maybe we SJW's should start flying Confederate flags so we can take them down.

In the first place "Liberal" is capitalized in GB, where it is a party. It is not capitalized in the US.
    You spelled capitalised incorrectly.