2014 Revelation XX, is it poo?

I'm working on a budget bike build that sort of hinges on a donated Revelation XX. Is it just noodley, or does it completely suck? I'll have to build a 20mm hub'd wheel to make it work.

Otherwise, anybody got a well-used-but-not-clapped-out 29er fork they want to let go for really cheap? In the market for cheap boost 29er wheels, too.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I'm working on a budget bike build that sort of hinges on a donated Revelation XX. Is it just noodley, or does it completely suck? I'll have to build a 20mm hub'd wheel to make it work.

Otherwise, anybody got a well-used-but-not-clapped-out 29er fork they want to let go for really cheap? In the market for cheap boost 29er wheels, too.
    It’s a decent 32mm fork and it’s nice there are 20mm options for it.

But, I’m pretty sure the XX uses the bar mounted hydraulic lockout, and the “default” position is locked rather than open. That’s not especially cool.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    But, I’m pretty sure the XX uses the bar mounted hydraulic lockout, and the “default” position is locked rather than open. That’s not especially cool.
    Damn, I thought I could just remove that. Is that not the case?

Damn, I thought I could just remove that. Is that not the case?
    It can be removed but the fork would be locked out.

And with that remote, envision V1 Reverb remote reliability. Poor bleed = no pushing the actuator = fork is locked out.

Maybe you could remove the remote and keep the fork in the open mode with the right sized ball bearing and some duct tape?

I've had RockShox forks with cable lockout remotes, but I hadn't seen the hydraulic before. That's stupid...

I had a circa 2011 Revelation dual air, 32mm, and didn't like it much. I recall it being kind of harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Also, re: cheap boost 29" wheels - look at the Mavic clearance at The House website.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks Chup, crazy cheap! I'm a little afraid of 24 spokes, though.

Who's got a 29er fork they're looking to unload?

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    and the “default” position is locked rather than open. That’s not especially cool.
    I cannot even begin to wrap my brain around how Rockshox's engineers decided that was a good idea.

Take a look here too - might find something useful & cheap amongst the weirdness:
    https://www.randombikeparts.com/coll...ets/disc-brake

Who's got a 29er fork they're looking to unload?
    What travel, and I assume 15 x 100?

I have a 2014 Fox 36 TALAS 130-160mm, 15 x 100 fork I was going to unload. Damper-side stanchion is scratched and it ain't pretty, and negative spring is a coil that isn't adjustable so it's not a great fork for lightweight riders (<150 lbs), but otherwise it's a Fox 36 and rides well. I also might be asking more money than you want ... $225 to a mag.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Thanks Schralph, I ended up getting some boost wheels and was able to find a fork locally for cheap.