Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Once you piss in it, and you will... . Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Heh. I've managed without pissing so far. Maybe have a few beers less for breakfast. although I have to admit my sessions are rarely longer Than two hours.
    And I hang it in the shower of the Rv so I could totally let the golden juice flow while surfing.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Yeah, I'm definitely not worried about a small amount of urea in the gray water tank. Maybe the smell of the suit is the concern....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Crank View Post
    I still can’t get comfortable with the idea of bathing in my own urine....
    wait til you have to drop a deuce ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Actually feces does not damage the neoprene like urea does. And the warmth does not wash away as quickly. Go ahead and take a dump in your suit if you can accomplish that without pissing; your all good.

Du k diving the longboard. Try paddling into the waves directly with good momentum and as the wave hits you, use both arms to hug the nose and push it under. I do this in larger surf with my 30# ‘64 Rick. The wave will wash over you and you’ll not likely get dragged back. And you won’t lose your board (mine has no leash so I can’t lose it)

New thread over if it's ok to poo in the water coming in 3, 2...

I can imagine being in a super hollow wave and seeing someone's Taco Bell fly by my head.

I don't believe we have covered semen yet....

I have been mountain biking a lot lately and neglecting my fin plug repair. But I got it taken care of yesterday. I kept putting off a run to the hardware store for epoxy since I ran out the other day, so I ended up just using what I have been mounting bindings with lately, Gorilla construction adhesive. I also had a small gouge in the polyethylene base of the surfboard from the rear of the fin digging in there. I patched that with a small bit of ptex. If I ever have to replace this plug it's going to be a bigger pita than with epoxy probably because it would be a little trickier to keyhole out due to the elastic nature of the adhesive, but hopefully that won't ever become an issue. I have been missing being in the water and looking forward to getting back out there this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fin plug out.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	334242 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fin plug sealed.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	334243 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fin plug in.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	334244

Free to travel surf jong, where to go for lessons....

That looks good. Is it in solid?

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    New thread over if it's ok to poo in the water coming in 3, 2...

I can imagine being in a super hollow wave and seeing someone's Taco Bell fly by my head.
    Childhood friend once took a dump in the water. Have him shit for years. Still do when I see him. Paddles about 100yrd outside the line up, pulled down his suit and left a deuce floating. There was no bath room nearby on the beach and the surf was going off. He had his reasons. It’s rare to get clean, head high long period swell in Maine.

Fucking gross tho. Even at 16.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I don't believe we have covered semen yet....

Your not getting into that kind of surf this first time around. Don’t worry about that yet. Unless hot chicks in bikinis is too much for you to handle. In which case you likely need some other help

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Your not getting into that kind of surf this first time around. Don’t worry about that yet. Unless hot chicks in bikinis is too much for you to handle. In which case you likely need some other help
    Lol, not too much to handle, unless there are more than 3 in the camper at a time.

Plug mount is solid. It appears they mainly epoxied the bottom of the plug, maybe that was for easier removal or maybe an oversight, not sure. The two other plugs seem solid still.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Lol, not too much to handle, unless there are more than 3 in the camper at a time.

Plug mount is solid. It appears they mainly epoxied the bottom of the plug, maybe that was for easier removal or maybe an oversight, not sure. The two other plugs seem solid still.
    I think they do that specifically so they can pop out just like it did. Creating a safe, easy point of failure. Thats one of the purposes of fin boxes on real boards anyway, generally instead of all the glass ripping off to the rail, it just pops off similar to how yours has.

I've done a couple of aqua shits. Its not very cool. Never tried one with a wetsuit on though...

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I think they do that specifically so they can pop out just like it did. Creating a safe, easy point of failure. Thats one of the purposes of fin boxes on real boards anyway, generally instead of all the glass ripping off to the rail, it just pops off similar to how yours has.
    That makes sense, this one won't pop out easy now that's for sure, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    .... pulled down his suit and left a deuce floating ....
    THATS impressive!

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Haven't been out on the water lately, it's hard to load up and drive out to the lake when I can get a great MTB ride in from the house. I have decided to oversee a field work project through November so will be getting a later start than originally planned. I also have had an ongoing knee issue for a while so getting an MRI today to see what's up with that.

With all the covid concerns I'm thinking avoiding a large populous of people will be good and will have to play it by ear as the time gets closer to see where I want to first get my feet wet in the ocean. I hope you all are getting some good waves. I'm still excited, just a bit of a delay in starting the adventure.

Good thread. If you're down around LA you can definitely park your rig right along the water for the day on PCH between county line and ventura. Country line is a beach break that might work for you. I'm a kook as well and have never had any issues there. There's also camping at Point Mugu in Malibu right there. Hard to get a spot in summer but if you're thinking November it might be available. Rincon Beach in Ventura has RV & camper spots right on the beach, not sure on the details or quality of surfing.

If you make it out here shoot me a note - like the hawaiians say, the only thing better than one old bald kook is a pair of em.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Hard to get a spot in summer but if you're thinking November it might be available. Rincon Beach in Ventura has RV & camper spots right on the beach, not sure on the details or quality of surfing.
    Not to be confused with Rincon Point just up the road a bit - a world class wave (apparently, what would I know). Mondo's is the closest Kook spot to Ventura. Watch out for SUPs and Foils. I also had fun at C-Street but my less experienced companions did not.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Good thread. If you're down around LA you can definitely park your rig right along the water for the day on PCH between county line and ventura. Country line is a beach break that might work for you. I'm a kook as well and have never had any issues there. There's also camping at Point Mugu in Malibu right there. Hard to get a spot in summer but if you're thinking November it might be available. Rincon Beach in Ventura has RV & camper spots right on the beach, not sure on the details or quality of surfing.

If you make it out here shoot me a note - like the hawaiians say, the only thing better than one old bald kook is a pair of em.
    Thanks Hellgate.

Looks like I have a torn meniscus so waiting to consult to see if surgery will be necessary. That knee has been a problem since the 1980s so maybe it's time to deal with it, lol.

Haven't been on the forums for quite some time, been biking my brains out. Meniscus issue is some weird "rent" as the surgeon called it, in my meniscus wherein it folds in upon itself and gets wedged in the knee joint. I got damn near stranded bc skiing last year when I postholed into some deep wet snow and wrenched my leg trying to extract myself. Couldn't extend my leg without excruciating pain. I told him how I finally levered my leg/knee joint a certain way and the pain was instantly gone. He demonstrated what I did with his knee joint model and said "yeah, if it happens again do that". It's been an intermittent issue for 40 years or so, glad to finally have someone look at it and understand what the hell is going on.

Plan is still on, just got delayed due to some work obligations, probably through the holidays. Once biking slows down and before skiing starts, I'm going to get back to paddling for conditioning.

You decided were you are going? San Diego is typically really good in Nov/Dec for mtb and surf.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    You decided were you are going? San Diego is typically really good in Nov/Dec for mtb and surf.
    Would like to check that area out, need to look into cheap camping options even if inland a ways. What about Jan/Feb? Might be after the holidays before I can hit the road.

Still nice in Jan/Feb, water gets colder, typically waves get bigger. Can get some days of rain which shuts things down for a couple days after...but we are due for a winter of no rain.

Inland campgrounds that are nice enough, 30 min from beach:
    https://lakejennings.org/see-and-do/camping/
    https://www.escondido.org/Dixon-Lake...formation.aspx

About an hour from beach there are nice campgrounds in Cuyamaca state park and Laguna National Recreation area(USFS) in the pine trees and good mountain biking or hiking out the front door.

Plenty of spots to overnight in town that likely would not get asked to move...based on what I have seen. Business park type areas. I can give addresses if you end up needing them.

You should be far enough out you can start working the State Park reservation system. https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=662 Is nice enough, epic views and walk to amazing beer/food.

Still nice in Jan/Feb, water gets colder, typically waves get bigger. Can get some days of rain which shuts things down for a couple days after...but we are due for a winter of no rain.

Inland campgrounds that are nice enough, 30 min from beach:
    https://lakejennings.org/see-and-do/camping/
    https://www.escondido.org/Dixon-Lake...formation.aspx

About an hour from beach there are nice campgrounds in Cuyamaca state park and Laguna National Recreation area(USFS) in the pine trees and good mountain biking or hiking out the front door.

Plenty of spots to overnight in town that likely would not get asked to move...based on what I have seen. Business park type areas. I can give addresses if you end up needing them.

You should be far enough out you can start working the State Park reservation system. https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=662 Is nice enough, epic views and walk to amazing beer/food.
    Much appreciated as always!

I took this photo from the door of the RV at San Elijo campground Feb 2018:

Name:	20180207_171711.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	342772

I took this photo from the door of the RV at San Elijo campground Feb 2018:

Name:	20180207_171711.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	342772
    Sweet! It would definitely be nice to be right on the water, going to start looking into parks.

go south

Uncrowded, go to Baja. You can camp anywhere.