Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think the reduction in skier visits will be offset by a reduction in number of lists spinning and lift capacity.

Vail bankrupt is my dream

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

If summer bookings are any indicator where I live, things should be just fine here.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    If summer bookings are any indicator where I live, things should be just fine here.
    LCC same way; more phone calls and reservation requests for next winter than normal for this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    LCC same way; more phone calls and reservation requests for next winter than normal for this time of year.
    Interesting. Lots of pent up demand.

Right now, it's really hard to predict anything. I will go out on a limb, call anti-jinx, and predict that we get 720"+ in LCC, fewer lift lines and more face shot than we did in the 2010-11 season
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    but I think the play here is to expect to get the touring setup ready to go and buy a sled if possible.
    Yep, I said the exact same thing in the big ikon thread. BC trailheads are going to be packed, potentially, so being able to travel to further out zones would be nice.

next season will be just like every other season
    shit show punters everywhere trying to get the tgr best skier on the mountain award
    things were so peaceful around here and now it seems like we are right on track to see typical summer d bag tourists everwhere
    sirens and helicopters all weekend, traffic is back in full force
    the scare is over for most people and they want to party
    the ski mountain is a total mess right now, vail literally shut down and walked away, shit is strew around the mountain doors are unlocked ropes fences and signs are all still up or laying in the mud I picked up a dozen bamboo poles the other night and played spear chucker with them it was pretty fun
    the only diff between this year and next is colorado is due to get but fucked on snow, were due

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    next season will be just like every other season
    shit show punters everywhere trying to get the tgr best skier on the mountain award
    things were so peaceful around here and now it seems like we are right on track to see typical summer d bag tourists everwhere
    sirens and helicopters all weekend, traffic is back in full force
    the ski mountain is a total mess right now, vail literally shut down and walked away, shit is strew around the mountain doors are unlocked ropes fences and signs are all still up or laying in the mud I picked up a dozen bamboo poles the other night and played spear chucker with them it was pretty fun
    the only diff between this year and next is colorado is due to get but fucked on snow, were due
    Let's just quote this for the future.

Can't run a mountain without employees.

That is going to be a big lift for the mega resorts.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Mad River Glen may, dollar for dollar, be the most profitable ski area in the world next winter.

Scare #1, anyway.

All those people who are back to normal are going to freak out when the second wave hits this Fall/Winter.

My strategy is aligned with @Whiteroom_Guardian and @TahoeJ, although over the past few years the balance has been shifting in that direction anyhow, so this is just another push.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

the ski mountain is a total mess right now, vail literally shut down and walked away, shit is strew around the mountain doors are unlocked ropes fences and signs are all still up or laying in the mud I picked up a dozen bamboo poles the other night and played
    So weird, same here. You would think they would have run a skeleton crew to pick up ropes but they totally abandoned all the ropes and signs and toboggans.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Mad River Glen may, dollar for dollar, be the most profitable ski area in the world next winter.
    I'm pretty sure it's a non profit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Scare #1, anyway.
    Local rona numbers have stopped declining, so plenty of scares likely to come.

What is everyone's best bet on Adventure Assurance? All or single?

Worst case scenario......

Since I don't plan to travel and the only Ikon resort I plan to ski at is SVAM the choice was easy. I don't see the "all" option--seems like the amount you would get credited would be trivial unless a bunch of resorts shut down for a good part of the season. Maybe I don't understand it correctly. See Ikon thread in the ski forum.

^^^^ I’m going single resort since about 1/2 my days are at Squaw. I have lowered expectations for the year. We’ll see.

Anyone try to change their election? (and have success)