Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    A good govt is one I am not forced to pay attention to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Yes
    True 'dat. Remember the days of "no drama obama"? When there was so little of note going on in the government that it was considered newsworthy that he ate 7 almonds as his evening snack?

Not at all. I just want to go back to govt not being a reality show. A good govt is one I am not forced to pay attention to.
    True. I blame Twitter and social media at large for giving narcissists like Trump such a far reaching 24/7/365 platform. It's obnoxious. I fear we may never return to the good old days of having to read the morning paper whilst relaxing with some coffee and breakfast to see what's going on in the world. I miss that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    True. I blame Twitter and social media at large for giving narcissists like Trump such a far reaching 24/7/365 platform. It's obnoxious. I fear we may never return to the good old days of having to read the morning paper whilst relaxing with some coffee and breakfast to see what's going on in the world. I miss that.

Kill the internet?

Kick over the box fan.
    I still call it The Jake.

A new law abolishing any POTUS from posting on social media would be brilliant

The Oregonian is still delivered 4 times a week, so at least I got 4 days each week of "member when"...

Papers and tv news owned by so many conglomerates with their own agenda, that I just lost trust, therefore interest.
    A lot of good stuff can be found on the twits, but you just have to wade through so much other repetitive bullshit to find it. It’s tiresome. When/if this is ever over, I am going to unfollow a grip of peeps & orgs.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    A new law abolishing any POTUS from posting on social media would be brilliant
    Yes. Or at least a limit of one post per day. 200 per day I have found to be a bit excessive.

"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

-- OSS profile of Adolph Hitler, p46

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Breathe in, breathe out.

We're all at each other's throats based on a few taps of a keyboard.

Have a (virtual) beer and/or toke with your fellow mags, none of them are the enemy (and let's save the discussions for who "the enemy" is for another thread).
    Fuck off, dick.

How's that for a PM?
    We all have good intentions...

But I'll repeat something I said to you a while ago, that you don't seem to understand: I am not the source or reason for all that you find wrong with this forum. Fuck off, dick.

How's that for a PM?
    I never knew PM stands for Penis Message
    . . .

Not at all. I just want to go back to govt not being a reality show. A good govt is one I am not forced to pay attention to.
    +so f'ing many right now -- yes

True. I blame Twitter and social media at large
    & JRE too
    & others

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I never knew PM stands for Penis Message
    it's spelled "massage" not "message"

hah!!! so TGR

hey, penis massage me on the ski trip!!!

I just close my eyes and imagine any PM I get is from a chick.
    If you need me, I’ll be in gear swap.

Papers and tv news owned by so many conglomerates with their own agenda, that I just lost trust, therefore interest.
    A lot of good stuff can be found on the twits, but you just have to wade through so much other repetitive bullshit to find it. It’s tiresome. When/if this is ever over, I am going to unfollow a grip of peeps & orgs.

Yes. Or at least a limit of one post per day. 200 per day I have found to be a bit excessive.
    The major American newspapers like the NYT and WaPo and others are definitely anomalies in 21st century America--not perfect but reasonably balanced reporting, excellent investigative work. Many of them are operated at a loss as a civic virtue. They seem fair to me but maybe I'm blinded by my own liberal bias. It is important to separate the editorial function from the news function--sometimes hard to do on their web sites, easier to do with the print editions and online facsimiles. The big papers do a good job of separating reporting and editorializing, as long as you can figure out which is which. The major broadcast networks, other than PBS, are another story, and even PBS is leaning left in its reporting--especially Yamiche Alcindor--whose viewpoint I share but is not objective in her reporting IMO.

A good govt is one I am not forced to pay attention to.
    Yes.......
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    A new law
    Ugh, so close!

They should have included the bit where he explains that he hadn't been paying much attention before and that seemed reasonable until the horse got loose in the hospital. Still seems to apply:

A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

About 3 weeks ago I found a walmart bike with a chinese 2 stroke engine kit with a free sign at the curbside in my neighborhood.
    Seemed like the engine was locked up, I shot some wd40 down the spark plug hole and into the carb and tap tap tapped at the lil chinese piston with a dowel.
    Knocked ‘er loose, put some saw gas in er and she ran like a scalded ape.

3 weeks later I’ve put that motor in a free 60s Dunelt barn find frame with a steel cantilever fork, rode to work a bunch of times, totally destroyed the walmart rear wheel (I broke 8 spokes, hahaha) and built a monster rear wheel with industrial 36h steel rim and motorcycle spokes laced to a shimano coaster hub. Added a 54 tooth sprocket to pull big weight up steep hills.

Yesterday I towed my shopping cart trailer to work to grab a 55gal drum for a fire pit project, then I stopped at the grocery store and got a full normal grocery run and put that on the front and rear baskets, then puttered home and built us a canpfire for toasting weenies.

I figure hey, if we’re going all 3rd world here....let’s at least have mopeds and bonfires amirite?!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4EAC7E9-FBD2-45ED-91AD-8DC4DF1AD523.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	331643

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C339159-0251-4A38-AA59-151836592D82.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	331642

That's pretty awesome

Most excellent, IAS!

Put some mtb tires on and join our e-bike thread on sprocket forum!

Not bad for a gweilo. Great roundeye reverse engineering. Don’t do an Isadora Duncan with that ascot around your scrawny little Caucasian pencil neck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    Not bad for a gweilo. Great roundeye reverse engineering. Don’t do an Isadora Duncan with that ascot around your scrawny little Caucasian pencil neck

Who is this FOB Chinaman?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Put some mtb tires on and join our e-bike thread on sprocket forum!
    E bike zone?

Is that a hate free forum? The alpine zone for sprockets?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    The Covid thread has identified the true nutters in this place.
    No fucking kidding