Page 262 of 301 FirstFirst ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 7512
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Read all about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ettles-lawsuit

it's amazing the way bad policing costs the country lives and money.

chicago: $757 from 2004 - 2019
    nyc: 230M from 2018-19

etc
    What is even more amazing is our societies total and complete inability to agree that up is up and a problem is a problem that needs to be dealt with. We used to be a country that could solve problems. We can't do anything now. So the waste will grow and the problems will multiply and get worse.
    I don't think the problem is equal on both sides. One side at least makes noise about wanting to be objective and analytical about things, while the other spews nonsense and conspiracy theories 24/7. The right wing news outlets will tell you that global warming and black lives matter is all a ride to control you and take away your guns while you fill their pockets with money. But the videos of black people being killed by police, and the police using ferguson citizens like an atm, fake news.
    We are in deep trouble. It depresses me to think about what kind of country my kids will live in 10 years from now. Because the decline can be swift and fierce and we are at the precipice...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    From my experience, majority of police are ex-military. Veteran hiring preference laws make sure of this. Personally, I have no problems with veteran hiring preference laws. What careers do you want them to go into after they are done serving?
    The entire federal government gives veterans preference when hiring. Lots of different jobs there, a huge number - most - are not LE.

states too.

Lots of members of armed services are allowed to live wherever they want off base.
    I was on a ship. How the fuck was I supposed to live “off base” ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Commute from your yacht.

I played golf with a dozen trumpeters tonight. The heat is rising to a boil. Detective in my foresome who HATES Nike. (read Kapernick, BLM) He said 30% of the force is planning to retire. He's out next year. Software salesman argued protesters are Fascists AND Communists. He said he didn't know what Fascism was. Sex and hate sell and hate is trending. Meanwhile, back in Rochester, the shit gets deeper.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    IMO ex military, especially those who have seen combat, are more likely to be self-disciplined, respectful of the chain of command, and less likely to panic and overreact in stressful situations. Many have been in situations where they surrounded by potentially hostile civilians as well as enemy combatants not obviously identifiable as such and have had to follow rules of engagement that prohibit shooting at any perceived threat. Soldiers have a lot more training in Most vets don't have PTSD, and having some degree of PTSD doesn't necessarily make someone dangerous. I think the bigger problem is military wannabes in the PD.
    the real troops dont call em no goes for nutin
    i think the real problem that doesnt occur in the military,
    is an us against them
    the us being mp's needing to bash heads on the them non mp's
    in my irl boots on the ground experience
    every swingin dick and clit are us
    them is civilian movie watchers and boys in a sheltered bubble who thinks the navy gits to live where they want
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

I never said all military gets to live where they want, or even most, I said "lots" (I live near JBLM, 40,000 active service members, some of which live off base in my neighborhood). Regardless, the fact military lives on base is irrelevant to the question of whether we should force police live in the city they work. Two different beasts. And someone living in Utah shouldn't complain about others living in bubbles (from someone who has lived in Utah).

Well this is brilliant. Feds considered whether they could levy criminal or civil charges against Portland officials because their rhetoric and actions may have helped spur the violence in Portland. Wait....whose rhetoric and actions????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...id=mailsignout

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I was on a ship. How the fuck was I supposed to live “off base” ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Tread water. Duh!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Well this is brilliant. Feds considered whether they could levy criminal or civil charges against Portland officials because their rhetoric and actions may have helped spur the violence in Portland. Wait....whose rhetoric and actions????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...id=mailsignout
    Best news I've heard this week.

Time to hold the sponsors of the summer of love (and negligent homicide of children) responsible for their actions.

Accuse your enemy of what you are guilty of.
    DJT. Art of the Deal.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

So the law worked in that instance (he received $175,000 settlement for wrongful termination). I would be much more upset if that happened and he got nothing
    It’s great that he won the wrongful termination suit, but it didn’t work out too well for the guy who was shot and killed
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Commute from your yacht.
    Like timberridge when he had to smother one of the uprisings in the colonies.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I never said all military gets to live where they want, or even most, I said "lots" (I live near JBLM, 40,000 active service members, some of which live off base in my neighborhood). Regardless, the fact military lives on base is irrelevant to the question of whether we should force police live in the city they work. Two different beasts. And someone living in Utah shouldn't complain about others living in bubbles (from someone who has lived in Utah).
    wtf you dont really think utardia is sheltered from the rouge pig violating basic human rights pandemic
    https://kutv.com/news/local/developi...salt-lake-city
    do you?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ed-dog-attack/
    you should donate to help pay for the millions were paying out for bad cops that cant seem to stop
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    Yo poliassfuckers

^^They make it seem so nice there in the brochures...and then there's the snow, it's like angel's dandruff.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Like timberridge when he had to smother one of the uprisings in the colonies.
    I was shocked how even a small 8lb cannon can set a 35' boat rocking. It makes one appreciate the skill that was required when firing off a whole row of 36 and 24 pounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I was shocked how even a small 8lb cannon can set a 35' boat rocking. It makes one appreciate the skill that was required when firing off a whole row of 36 and 24 pounders.
    Are we back to calling New England the colonies?
    I still call it The Jake.

i aint here for the choir
    Yo poliassfuckers

Amen brother fishbum.

I'm really sorry for America

Police lie all the time. They just don't get caught. If they get caught, there are repercussions. And its not just lie in court. It is lie anywhere, even off-duty. In court, every lie a cop has ever been caught with can be brought up in cross examination even though the trial has nothing to do with the lie (see Brady v. Maryland, one of the most important Supreme Court criminal law opinions of all time). So pull out your cell phone and start recording everything.
    I just wanted to thank you again for this incredible display. Solid midweek entertainment.

Where is Creaky Fossil now, anyway?

Google "Brady list," educate yourself, and then come back and rip on me.

Lulz. The Brady lists were discussed in the police thread before it was moved to bullfighting and back. Specifically, the abhorrent level at which they were (not) implemented. But now that 2020 is here I'm sure all that's been fixed. Duck duck go to Frazier v. Cupp and catch up on all the subsequent decisions that have expanded on the right of police to lie and then come back with more entertaining versions of your alternate reality.