Page 303 of 320 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 7982
  1. #7551
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    So far he’s not charged and it’s believed he’s getting some preferential treatment from the boys in blue. This is Trumps America folks. Such a disgrace
    If you point a gun at someone in Washington you can be charged with Assault in the Second Degree with a Firearm Enhancement. This is true regardless of whether the gun is loaded and regardless of whether your finger is on the trigger. If convicted of this, even with no history, you would be facing 3+ years prison. If a prosecutor doesn't want to be that harsh, they can instead charge Aiming a Firearm, a gross misdemeanor (so 0 to 364 days jail).

    However, the prosecutor must also prove that the person pointing the gun was not doing so in self defense. It is legal to point a gun at someone in Washington when the person thinks they are about to be injured and the force used is not more than is necessary.

    So for MAGA gun pointing dude, the question is why was he pointing the gun? What were the other people doing right before he pointed the gun and while he was pointing the gun? You can make a public records request for the police report if you are really interested in the case. I am not sure if this incident is in Snohomish or King County, but both are as anti-Trump as anywhere in the US so doubt he is getting special treatment. Ultimately, it is the prosecutor, not a cop, who decides whether to charge or not. Here's the statutes:

    https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.36.021

    https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.230

    https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.020

  2. #7552
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    1,270
    Well there's video, it should be apparent whatever the case is.

    Who the fuck cites laws on here? And why? Yeah give us all a couple hours to read, we'll be right back. come on man

  3. #7553
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,079
    It's ok, like Trump with Greta Thunberg, Trumpers feel threatened by little girls.

  4. #7554
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    12,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Who the fuck cites laws on here?
    Clearly, altasnob. In a forum with a fair amount of lawyers, he stands out for compulsive attorneyitis. .

    And why?
    lol. You have me wondering, but I have some ideas.

  5. #7555
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,576
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

    Who the fuck cites laws on here? And why?
    Lawyers. Because they're lawyers.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  6. #7556
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,907
    The reason it seems like he’s getting special treatment is the Police Chief Mrs Larson comments in the news turning it back to the unknown person who “assaulted” him with liquid. You can view the articles where there’s a basic equivalence turning up with law enforcement. When I spoke to her this morning she was very defensive even though I was calm and mostly let her speak. Naturally she’s getting pounded by the locals for action - so I get it, some. What was odd in the conversation was her empathizing with him saying “we get a lot thrown at us so I know how it can be. Everything is very escalated right now in society and we need to not act fast, and emotionally.” (Slight paraphrase)
    Lets ask this; had the man been a black BLM protester pointing a glock with finger on trigger directly at a young Trump supporter woman, what would have happened to him? Would they take his account verbatim and release him to be free in society like this man? Find that hard to believe.. chances are great he’d been arrested or possibly shot.

  7. #7557
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Methow Valley
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Clearly, altasnob. In a forum with a fair amount of lawyers, he stands out for compulsive attorneyitis.
    But, but, but you're wrong and let me cite my sources that also show that my opinion is right.

  8. #7558
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    375
    A Look at America's Most Corrupt Police
    It's no exaggeration to say the GTTF was a criminal enterprise using the Baltimore Police Department as a front.

    Opposing Jenkins was Ivan Bates, a defense attorney in the city. Bates kept picking up cases involving GTTF members where the alleged facts didn't add up and his clients insisted that they had been ripped off. He was diligent where his opponents, ensconced in a system tilted in their favor, were sloppy..
    https://reason.com/2020/10/26/a-look...orrupt-police/

    Some pretty wild stuff out there in B-more. Even crazier than the Wire it sounds like. I have no doubt similar schemes are run elsewhere, too.

  9. #7559
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    The reason it seems like he’s getting special treatment is the Police Chief Mrs Larson comments in the news turning it back to the unknown person who “assaulted” him with liquid.
    Here's quotes I have found attributed to Police Chief Larson:

    “We've got a lot of work to do, because we want to interview a lot of people and try and put everything in context,”

    She was asked whether the man was within his rights to pull out his weapon once someone threw what could have been a lethal weapon toward him?

    “Well, and at this point, that’s what we need to figure out,” said Larson. “We need to put this whole thing together and reconstruct it from the very beginning until the very end. And then we’ll be able to make, to come to those conclusions.”

    Larson says the man complained of stinging in his eyes. So they called medics.

    Larson said her team is still collecting information and evidence to figure out what happened, regardless of public opinion. She is asking anyone for video they haven’t already seen.

    They want to find the person who threw the bucket. But she says there could be legal consequences for those on both sides of this political divide.

    “There are two sides to every story, and in this particular case, in this video, we don't see what precipitated the man pulling out his firearm, and he was assaulted prior to that,” she said.

  10. #7560
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    I don't have any problems with what Police Chief Larson is saying. It is the cops' job to be impartial, do a full investigation, and then refer the case to the King County Prosecuting Attorney for charging considerations.

    From what I see in the video, I would charge MAGA guy with at least one count of Assault in the Second Degree with a Firearm Enhancement. An assault can be committed in a variety of ways, one of which is doing an act that puts another in fear and apprehension of being assaulted, even if there is no physical touching. That is why pointing a gun is an assault. Since a gun was used it elevates it from a misdemeanor assault to felony Assault in the Second Degree (which is assault with a deadly weapon, and is a strike offense; three strikes you're out). A firearm enhancement can be added whenever a gun is used in the commission of a felony, and adds 3 years to the sentence (Washington has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation). You can technically add an additional count of Assault Second Degree with Firearm Enhancement for every single person the MAGA guy assaulted. So if five people say they felt assaulted when he was waving the gun in the air, that's 5 counts. The firearm enhancements run consecutive so you could, in theory, send this guy away to prison for a long, long time.

    Self-defense does not apply because pulling a gun on someone who dumps a bucket of water on you is not reasonable force. You could probably punch the person in the face, but not pull a gun. But ultimately, it will be up to the jury to decide what was reasonable force in this instance.

    But I would also charge the person who threw the water, or whatever it was, with assault in the fourth degree (a misdemeanor). The fact MAGA guy has not been charged is not unusual. The investigation is currently being conducted.

  11. #7561
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,907

    America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

    Fair, sort of. How are they going to explain how he is dry and his eyes wide with rage and not irritated? That jacket would turn brown when wet and his face shows nothing ..More gaslighting I suppose Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6582.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	869.9 KB 
ID:	345077 Name:  IMG_6581.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  46.5 KB

  12. #7562
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    The chick who is filming the video says, "it's water you snowflake." So I assume it was true that someone at least tried to pour water on him. And even if the water doesn't touch MAGA guy, trying to pour water on someone who doesn't want water to be poured on them is a misdemeanor assault (an act that intends to cause fear an apprehension in another). So MAGA guy was assaulted, the question is what reasonable force can he then use?

    Sounds like MAGA guy is claiming he thought it was acid or something more serious than water that was poured on him. That's why the cops are trying to determine what actually was poured on him. Was it water, dirty water, something else? It's not an over statement to say that King County Washington is the most anti-gun jurisdiction in America. We hate our guns in Seattle.
    Last edited by altasnob; 10-26-2020 at 08:51 PM.

  13. #7563
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,949
    Looks like a few drops of something on his pants. Maybe he pissed himself.

  14. #7564
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,907

    America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

    I believe some water was thrown or something mildly harmless. The eye irritation strikes me as concocted to save his ass. That’s his step Dad who says his name to the victim’s in video and that HE will call the cops. Chances are he went into damage control. Here’s the other glaring fact —— whoever through the liquid was not who he attacked. That is clear.
    Also please answer my black man hypothetical.

  15. #7565
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    3,156
    black man would be dead.

  16. #7566
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    funland
    Posts
    4,901
    if my aunt had balls...

  17. #7567
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,070
    As far as wet goes, I see some spittle on that assholes chin.
    Fuck that guy, fuck Atifa and fuck BLM! All of the fringe dick bags on either side can go fuck themselves.
    The powers that be, both sides, are using them to drive a wedge between us and from the looks of this thread and other areas, it’s working. Bunch of Fucking weak minded sheep, man...

  18. #7568
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    14,902
    If someone did throw acid on him would self defense be to walk up to that person with a gun, or would it be to turn and run the other way before the person could throw more acid.? He wasn't even standing his ground (not that WA is a stand your ground state). He approached aggressively.

  19. #7569
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    There is no duty to retreat in Washington (same for most states in the US). Washington's no duty to retreat is not based on statute, but case law. The jury instruction for Washington says:

    It is lawful for a person who is in a place where that person has a right to be and who has reasonable grounds for believing that he is being attacked to stand his ground and defend against such attack by the use of lawful force. The law does not impose a duty to retreat.

    Dark green-Stand-your-ground by statute
    Lighter green-Stand-your-ground by judicial decision

    Name:  413px-Map_of_US_jurisdictions_by_stand-your-ground_-_duty-to-retreat_status.svg.png
Views: 557
Size:  30.8 KB

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law
    Last edited by altasnob; 10-26-2020 at 10:32 PM.

  20. #7570
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    22,630
    The very last straw I had with police occurred when a redneck neighbor who had been harassing us on our new property (he had been riding and walking through it for years) including taking swipes at me showed up one day drunk with a buddy and proceeded to unload 40+ rounds from our riverbank, firing across the water. When I yelled at him to leave, he turned around and fired 3 rounds over my wife and my heads as well as some other neighbors that were standing there.

    It took 4 fucking hours for King County police to show up. They refused to do anything other than interview the guy, come back and tell us that we had to file injunctions against him and get a no contact order and a restraining order.

    That was when all we had was an old shitshack on the river, it was clear we had no money and that's what the cops read.

    Up until then, despite some other fucked up incidences where police failed to intervene even when requested, I used to cut the cops slack.

    Not since then.

    Fuck the police, particularly King County and Seattle Police.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  21. #7571
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    21,171
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I believe some water was thrown or something mildly harmless. The eye irritation strikes me as concocted to save his ass. That’s his step Dad who says his name to the victim’s in video and that HE will call the cops. Chances are he went into damage control. Here’s the other glaring fact —— whoever through the liquid was not who he attacked. That is clear.
    The other thing is the water or whatever it was was already thrown at him. Did he think they might throw even more liquid on him and he might need to use deadly force to prevent that? Seems like a bit of a stretch. I guess we should be happy he didn't fire the weapon.

  22. #7572
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,589
    Did you complain about the slow response time or the fact that they police were not properly investigating what sounds like a felony assault? Police agencies have an Office of Police Accountability where citizens can submit complaints and those complaints are investigated by civilian (non-police) employees. Every 911 call and radio log is public record. So it would be very easy to prove that the police took four hours to respond to a call, which is unacceptable.

  23. #7573
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    11,772
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Was it water, dirty water, something else?

  24. #7574
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    11,772
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Did you complain about the slow response time or the fact that they police were not properly investigating what sounds like a felony assault? Police agencies have an Office of Police Accountability where citizens can submit complaints and those complaints are investigated by civilian (non-police) employees. Every 911 call and radio log is public record. So it would be very easy to prove that the police took four hours to respond to a call, which is unacceptable.
    Cool, then you have a shitty cop who, instead of mere indifference to you being shot at by your pissed-off and now emboldened neighbor, is now actively hostile toward you for having fucked with them.
    Armed pissed off hostile neighbor plus armed hostile cops...what could possibly go wrong?

  25. #7575
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    12,014
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well there's video, it should be apparent whatever the case is.

    Who the fuck cites laws on here? And why? Yeah give us all a couple hours to read, we'll be right back. come on man
    i dont do ignore
    its for the weak thin skinned lames
    but my stokeless babblin dipshit list is well represented by the legal profession
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •