Page 25 of 141 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I don’t see or hear anybody claiming to be #antifa in these. Just some white boys being assholes. What makes you so sure they aren’t Proud Boys or Boogaloo Bois?
    The sheer number of fuckups in cities across the US?

Unless either of these two groups have somehow increased their membership to the millions. In which case its time to start worrying about election night

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, here's a source of this problem.

http://www.citypages.com/news/bob-kr...loyd/570922481
    He describes the killers of Floyd as having been fired 'without due process'. There is just so much craziness and ignorance in that I don't even know where to start.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Unless either of these two groups have somehow increased their membership to the millions. In which case its time to start worrying about election night
    I was commenting on the videos ripzalot had posted, not in general
    Context matters pendejo
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

There's millions of people protesting, there's not millions of people ripping shit up. It's much smaller groups operating under the cover of the general unrest, using it as an opportunity to push their various agendas which have nothing to do with promoting social justice but instead are promoting chaos for political ends (although some are just thieves and vandals out for kicks of course). Pretending that everyone out on the street is rioting and killing people just displays your own political stance, it's not even close to accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    He describes the killers of Floyd as having been fired 'without due process'. There is just so much craziness and ignorance in that I don't even know where to start.
    Government employees are constitutionally entitled to due process in their firings, including notice and a hearing, skipping those things causes problems.

Just to be clear, I am in no way defending the murderers, just pointing out the legal issue that you raise. I’ll let an employment or constitutional dentist take it any further than that. I just remembered it from the bar.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So cops are going to shoot...back? You're saying they'll be shooting back. I just want to make sure I understand that part. Because I think the protesters might argue that would be an improvement over some of their past practices.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, what do we do then? If you agree with most of that, then I think we can agree our country is in danger. What do we do? What do you think of the idea that we can have policy change enacted from the ground up?

The citizens of this country need to save it. Those in power, for various reasons, are just unable to.
    One start that mayors and local politicians can do right away: outlaw police unions. Just end them. Anyone who wants to keep his or her job without union representation can stay on and everyone who doesn't show up to work is fired. Start hiring new as needed and let the police seek due process with civilian oversight boards--they don't need collective representation for that. I don't know if it's necessary everywhere, but it's certainly a good start in a lot of places. Police would be a lot safer if their badge carried legitimacy.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Government employees are constitutionally entitled to due process in their firings, including notice and a hearing, skipping those things causes problems.

Just to be clear, I am in no way defending the murderers, just pointing out the legal issue that you raise. I’ll let an employment or constitutional dentist take it any further than that. I just remembered it from the bar.
    Ok, I didn't know that. Thank you, ignorance won't serve any of us. So hes slightly less crazy than I thought. Slightly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, but I did hear some women jabbering away about feeling threatened by African Americans on the sidewalk.

I bet that woman was from downstate.

One start that mayors and local politicians can do right away: outlaw police unions. Just end them. Anyone who wants to keep his or her job without union representation can stay on and everyone who doesn't show up to work is fired. Start hiring new as needed and let the police seek due process with civilian oversight boards--they don't need collective representation for that. I don't know if it's necessary everywhere, but it's certainly a good start in a lot of places. Police would be a lot safer if their badge carried legitimacy.
    The NLRB called. They would like a word with you
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Reagan fired the air traffic controllers' union.

This is a batshit crazy idea that will never happen, ever. Just letting you know.

Please carry on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    How can a 2 Trillion dollar aid package give 6.2 Trillion to the banks?
    Compounding interest....

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This is a batshit crazy idea that will never happen, ever. Just letting you know.

Please carry on though.
    That's probably true. The protests probably have no end, either. On the other hand, after lots and lots of destruction, everything is different. Cooler heads eventually prevail but what has to happen first?

The Supreme Court issued some anti public-sector labor union rulings just a year or two ago, so you'd think you could fire away. But the Supreme Court is controlled by fascists. They probably won't let you fire their comrades.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

really? Govt employees across the spectrum -- municipal, state, federal -- are by definition not "at will"? You sure about that, counselor? Because as a state government employee not subject to the civil service, I am fairly sure that I am at will.

I have no idea what standards apply to Minneapolis police, but I suspect your statement is way too overbroad, though maybe I am wrong.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

So cops are going to shoot...back? You're saying they'll be shooting back. I just want to make sure I understand that part. Because I think the protesters might argue that would be an improvement over some of their past practices.
    Just aim for the legs...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We need the cops on our side. We need to find a way of creating solidarity between us and the cops. We are threatened from without, we can not be divided from within. This is not the right direction, at this point. We need to help set the cops up for success, not make them feel under attack as a whole politically.

WellWhat do we do?

"Can't you see..."

We need the cops on our side. We need to find a way of creating solidarity between us and the cops. We are threatened from without, we can not be divided from within. This is not the right direction, at this point. We need to help set the cops up for success, not make them feel under attack as a whole politically.
    I fully agree with that. But the greatest threat to cooperation is an "us vs. them" mentality. I'm not saying it's true everywhere, but if the Minneapolis police choose to be represented by people who further that divide then they have to go. It would be better if the police would hold a union meeting right now and throw the bums out. But will they?

That's probably true. The protests probably have no end, either. On the other hand, after lots and lots of destruction, everything is different. Cooler heads eventually prevail but what has to happen first?
    Change needs to come from within the force. It's like sending someone to rehab that doesn't want to be there. Good policer officers need to stand up to the systemic bullshit that is the "blue wall". If I, or anyone else here, signed up to be an officer for the all the right reasons, would you not be outraged at the current state that was able to arise due to one asshole? Would you be pissed off that you needed to show up to work for 1 week, 2 weeks, or more, to have bricks thrown at you, vehicles driven into you, bullets fired at you. Hell, I know I would. And the only finger you can point for the cause of that state of affairs is at your people. The problem is it's really not just one asshole. Every precinct probably has 1-3 assholes, some more some less. But instead of continually bailing out the asshole when complaints are filed, the good cops need to be getting rid of these motherfuckers.

Additionally, we need discussion. Public discussion. We live in a society that is so easily polarized it makes me sick.

You can believe George was the victim of racially motivated police brutality, I think he was. You can believe that the initial riots in Minneapolis and beyond were justified, I think they were. You can believe that seeing the police shot and run over in the streets is wrong, I do. You can believe that now, over a week later, the true protesters are not condoning all this other bullshit. Now the disconnect is why for most people believing the first two points precludes one from believing the second two, and visa versa.

I have a huge bone to pick with the media because the way they portray differing points of view, almost always slanted one way or another. They always have to pervert one viewpoint into a sinister ideology, that if given the opportunity of a level headed explanation would not sound anything like what they portray. It's honestly disgusting to watch.

So this leads to the question of how... how can we increase discussion between the white and black community - and all other minorities for that matter. I think white people in general care a lot more about issues of discrimination than given credit but genuinely don't know how to help. Sure you can listen to that stupid albino fuck Anderson Cooper, or any of the other white talking heads, but they don't know what minorities want anymore than you or I. I want to hear it from the minorities in my community themselves. What can we do to directly help you guys out? But where is that discussion occurring? Short answer: it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Change needs to come from within the force. ...

I want to hear it from the minorities in my community themselves. What can we do to directly help you guys out? But where is that discussion occurring? Short answer: it's not.
    Agreed. The major difference between the protesters and the police in terms of getting them to talk is the existence of an organized structure of representation. The protesters have none because they would all be sent off to federal #meintheass prison. Whereas the police have a union, whose leadership would rather hide and wait for everything to go back to normal. That message isn't going to help. And the fact that cops who are caught on camera get fired and charged (but only if they're on camera--see the ME's report) means that talking with the police chief is only so useful if she's not really the one in charge when no one has video proof.

Name:  9C69D88A-AE90-416F-A6EC-F66360E7B5E0.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  50.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    really? Govt employees across the spectrum -- municipal, state, federal -- are by definition not "at will"? You sure about that, counselor? Because as a state government employee not subject to the civil service, I am fairly sure that I am at will.

I have no idea what standards apply to Minneapolis police, but I suspect your statement is way too overbroad, though maybe I am wrong.
    Again, not an employment or courtroom dentist but the due process comes with their collective bargaining, most government employees are not at will. A quick google confirms this and that’s the extent of work I’m putting into this nonbillable matter.
    I still call it The Jake.