Page 202 of 273 FirstFirst ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 6815
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If only caucacity was an actual word....amazing usage for someone striving daily to show everyone he's smarter than them. Your convenient political equipoise is subjugated only by your solipsistic demand for superiority.

you're. a prime example. https://stayhipp.com/glossary/what-does-caucacity-mean/

Once again thanks for playing splat!! hope no one else's bro's delam.

BTW are you still offering refunds?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If he had any friends IRL he wouldn't be here. Deeb is what my mom in her kindness would have labeled a "Poor Soul". Deeb, you have my sympathy and hope you get some professional help.

You can come meet me this week. Heading up to Hart's pass for some late summer patch skiing tomorrow.

Bullshit. You come to me. I don't ski anymore. But I like beer.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So, having been advised that being a white person doing nothing means I’m committing violence, and now being advised that being a white person joining the protest is being an unwelcome “white savior” trying to steal the movement from black people...

What exactly am I supposed to do? Kill myself because of my skin color? Donate everything I own to who the fuck knows and live on the street?

At some point part of the discussion should probably focus on identifying some kind of reasonable, realistic, feasible actions they want from regular everyday white people, other than just to take their abuse for getting out of their way or take their abuse for joining them.
    Yeah..you’re fucked white boy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I can't wait to see what they offer. Homemade granola, maple syrup, kombucha and a seasons pass to Mad River Glen?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    a seasons pass to Mad River Glen?
    But trail work day is mandatory.

^that will keep the riffraff away

Bullshit. You come to me. I don't ski anymore. But I like beer.
    Driving a couple hours to see a crotchety old man yell at grass and make passes at kids isn't in the cards.

Good. We're done then. I hope you get the chance seek professional help. Nothing sadder or sicker than an anonymous adult crying out for attention by tossing bullshit at people he doesn't know. I'm not anonymous.

Good. We're done then. I hope you get the chance seek professional help. Nothing sadder or sicker than an anonymous adult crying out for attention by tossing bullshit at people he doesn't know. I'm not anonymous.

Yawn. You asked to meet me.

man i thought i was getting salty. jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Thanks, OG--well said.

For me there are 3 reasons to protest in a place like Minden.

1: Remind the majority of bootlickers that there are local residents who don't share their views and who want a better world for those who are less fortunate.

2: Create some press coverage, shining a light on just how backwards they are. The anti-BLM crowds are pretty proud of themselves here, but the rest of the world looks on with horror and compares us to Selma.

3: Show the people in town who are afraid to protest or who are on the fence that we (the advocates of progress & equality) are reasonable, non-violent people who are not like the "thugs" in their fever dreams. If even a few people think twice when their rabid friend says "BLM is a terrorist organization" and says "I don't know, the people we saw protesting in Minden were pretty calm", we've made some progress.

I think what we and others did on Saturday accomplished those goals to varying degrees. Yes, it was scary, and very traumatizing to be (mostly verbally) assaulted continuously for hours, but changing the world isn't guaranteed to be easy or fun.
    So, step one, this? step two ? Step three Change! (or profit, underwear gnome reference).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    I never claimed to know what anyone thinks. As to knowing about what the left does at rallies, it's not exactly a mystery. Cameras are a thing.
    Although it is possible to verify whether the information we see is factual correct or real, there is little to no way to gauge and verify the degree to which the information we see is representative of the entire picture. If nothing else, your own bias is inescapable.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Do you need to quote the Manchurian Candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Thanks, OG--well said.

For me there are 3 reasons to protest in a place like Minden.

1: Remind the majority of bootlickers that there are local residents who don't share their views and who want a better world for those who are less fortunate.

2: Create some press coverage, shining a light on just how backwards they are. The anti-BLM crowds are pretty proud of themselves here, but the rest of the world looks on with horror and compares us to Selma.

3: Show the people in town who are afraid to protest or who are on the fence that we (the advocates of progress & equality) are reasonable, non-violent people who are not like the "thugs" in their fever dreams. If even a few people think twice when their rabid friend says "BLM is a terrorist organization" and says "I don't know, the people we saw protesting in Minden were pretty calm", we've made some progress.

I think what we and others did on Saturday accomplished those goals to varying degrees. Yes, it was scary, and very traumatizing to be (mostly verbally) assaulted continuously for hours, but changing the world isn't guaranteed to be easy or fun.
    Climberevan, if I can ever go to the states again and I hit up your area I would love to buy you a beer and a steak (tofu if you're not into meat).

If you can ever come up here, you have a place to stay, numerous meals and beer (or wine if you prefer). And I'll show you all my favorite lines.

It's folks like you that are the impetus for change, thank you. I would sincerely hope that I'd do the same thing if it ever happened up here.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

The NV City protest update: one counter protester has now been booked for “felony assault by means likely to charge great bodily injury and felony robbery.” His action of body slamming a protester and taking a phone from peoples hands and throwing it into a storm drain is documented in multiple videos. Still several others were shown in videos assaulting people, including minors. The joint LE statement is that there will be more arrests forthcoming.

There’s also supposedly an internal investigation about the behavior of the local LE during the event.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    The NV City protest update: one counter protester has now been booked for “felony assault by means likely to charge great bodily injury and felony robbery.” His action of body slamming a protester and taking a phone from peoples hands and throwing it into a storm drain is documented in multiple videos. Still several others were shown in videos assaulting people, including minors. The joint LE statement is that there will be more arrests forthcoming.

There’s also supposedly an internal investigation about the behavior of the local LE during the event.
    Good, but it’s just a start. That guy in the camo shorts that sucker-slapped a protester needs a felony count on his rap sheet.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    This is the most important thing in my view, because it looked to me like these fucks thought they had a free pass from law enforcement. Without that tacit stamp of approval maybe none of it happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Good, but it’s just a start. That guy in the camo shorts that sucker-slapped a protester needs a felony count on his rap sheet.
    Yes! His name is Randy Matheson. His company is Matheson Graphics. He is a piece of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This is the most important thing in my view, because it looked to me like these fucks thought they had a free pass from law enforcement. Without that tacit stamp of approval maybe none of it happens at all.
    Totally agree!

Kalamazoo apparently dislikes the Proud Boys....
    https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/stat...577963009?s=21

things are heating up...

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Kalamazoo apparently dislikes the Proud Boys....
    https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/stat...577963009?s=21
    PBs were out in Downtown PDX today as well. Threw some pipe bombs, fired some 9mm rounds from a moving car and maced some homeless people. You know, expressing their first amendment rights...
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Big new pickup with a huge American flag and a huge blue lives matter flag flying in the bed, speeding down Donner Pass Rd with a couple of guys shouting unintelligible slogans through a mic and speakers at very loud volume. That's how you change hearts and minds.

If your protest makes people consider what you're saying, reconsider what they think and how they act, it's successful.
    If it just pisses people off--whether people breaking windows in PDX or bullying peaceful protesters in Nevada City--you'e failed, even if you made yourself feel good for a minute or two.
    People need to ask themselves--am I doing this to change things or am I doing it to pound my chest and make it about me and my tribe.