Page 442 of 473 FirstFirst ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,050 of 11804
  1. #11026
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Need to check your new sources on that one, PA for example did pass the state legislature https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ssInd=0&act=12. My FIL who is a rabbid Trump supporter kept claiming that the the elections in GA, PA, WI, MI, AZ, and NM were unconstitutional because the state legislatures didn't approve, but that wasn't really the case. Carry on tho.
    Hence the basis of some 60 lawsuits dismissed due to lack of standing and/or evidence. All political chatter to try and overthrow or otherwise stall the certification process. Too many cowboys out there with big hats but no cattle.

  2. #11027
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,472
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This checks out because otherwise their physiques are exactly the same...
    Let's *face* it ( ) - critical thought is NOT a strong suit of these adherents...

  3. #11028
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,472
    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    So how does an investing newb with a brokerage account capitalize on this? 
    Well, one thing to do for sure is listen to MontuckyFried - he's a financial expert.

    You should also ask him why Asian people aren't affected by COVID like other people - he's an expert at epidemiology as well.

  4. #11029
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,282
    So guys Adiron needs a translation from plain English into moronese.

    How do you say in Moronese?:

    “That isnt how constitutional electoral law works, and what you’ve been told is bullshit”


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  5. #11030
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I thought the whole early, mail in etc voting thing was done under the premise of Covid limiting access to voting, hence why judges and election committee's were able to pass the rules and not State legislatures.

    I seriously doubt they will be able to pass that off again, so some sort of actual legislation is going to have to be passed for it to pass muster during the next election. I honestly don't think this is going to be a challenge to do, but who knows, Dems seem more concerned with DACA and amnesty currently and not the golden goose that brought them to power currently.
    And why specifically was early/mail in voting a “golden goose”?

  6. #11031
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,818
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    And why specifically was early/mail in voting a “golden goose”?
    No shit, why is it always the goal of the Right to limit voting?

    Because some people who may vote are are poorly informed? That argument has been rendered moot.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  7. #11032
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Need to check your new sources on that one, PA for example did pass the state legislature https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ssInd=0&act=12. My FIL who is a rabbid Trump supporter kept claiming that the the elections in GA, PA, WI, MI, AZ, and NM were unconstitutional because the state legislatures didn't approve, but that wasn't really the case. Carry on tho.
    Your link says that is an emergency provision exclusive to the 2020 election if I'm reading that right. In MI for example it was exclusively a judge's ruling.

    But like I said, this should be easy to pass and I'm not against mail in voting, but it does need to be codified permanently.

    It's a golden goose because more turnout is good for Democrats. That isn't a gripe, it is a fact. They would be smart, and I think overall would be good for the country, with their control of congress and the white house to make it permanent.
    Live Free or Die

  8. #11033
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No shit, why is it always the goal of the Right to limit voting?

    Because some people who may vote are are poorly informed? That argument has been rendered moot.
    Yup.

    Also, I was hoping to get him to admit it’s more difficult to suppress voters when they can vote from the comfort of their home. Voter suppression in low income areas is very real, and has been an effective tactic for decades.

    I’m convinced if we could vote online the shift in party wins would be dramatic. But man would it exacerbate the annoying fraud claims. It would also seriously fuck R’s current gerrymandering techniques.

  9. #11034
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,704
    Because they think black people aren't actual people. Which is why they think they won the election. And why they tried to overthrow the government when they finally realized they lost.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

  10. #11035
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No shit, why is it always the goal of the Right to limit voting?

    Because some people who may vote are are poorly informed? That argument has been rendered moot.
    It's odd how so many Trump-appointed judges rejected Trump challenges to the election results. Maybe Adickwood Rider believes in the Qanon theory that those Trump appointed judges were secretly deep state democrats intent on promoting child pedophilia in the basement of Hillary's pizza shop.

  11. #11036
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,470
    Do you people even read what I write?
    Live Free or Die

  12. #11037
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    But like I said, this should be easy to pass and I'm not against mail in voting, but it does need to be codified permanently.
    I actually agree with this statement. I would hope that mail-in balloting could gain strength in all states. Washington has had it for.... 20 years(?). My only gripe with it was that the State required us to pay the postage but even that's been changed, now. This came up four + years ago with the primaries where the candidates were already known (D's picked by caucus, R's by public vote but Trump already had it sown up) so the primary was moot and yet, they wanted people to vote but had to pay their own postage. Enough people bitched about it that the return envelope is now prepaid postage. Other than that, it's been a good system and is strongly supported by most in the state, even the Republican Secretary of State who went out of her way to endorse mail-in voting for other states. She also was a vocal supporter of Georgia's SoS while he was under attack from Trump. So, yes, codify it for all, I agree.

  13. #11038
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    16,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE: Bidens unity speech yesterday.



    Methinks the Rand doth protest too much.
    I disagree--Rand is right, Biden is calling election deniers white supremacist, racist liars, because that is what they are, whether they want to think of themselves that way or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    So how does an investing newb with a brokerage account capitalize on this? ��
    By investing in diversified stock and bond index funds through a low cost broker like Vanguard and Fidelity. Leave the specialty investing to the professionals . Two reasons--1) if there's a newsworthy development the smart money already beat you to it, and you're investing at the top of the market, and 2) the smart money isn't always so smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Need to check your new sources on that one, PA for example did pass the state legislature https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ssInd=0&act=12. My FIL who is a rabbid Trump supporter kept claiming that the the elections in GA, PA, WI, MI, AZ, and NM were unconstitutional because the state legislatures didn't approve, but that wasn't really the case. Carry on tho.
    The fear is that those expansions of suffrage will be reversed by legislatures when the pandemic is over, given that they cost the Republicans dearly. (Sort of--it wasn't just Democrats who had big turnout, witness the gains Republicans made in the House and the failure of Dems to pick up more Senate seats. While the conventional wisdom is that high turnout favors Dems that may no longer be true. It only worked at the Presidential level, and only because so many Republicans were repulsed by Trump--especially because of the pandemic.)

  14. #11039
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,818
    Well, it is difficult to find a tender baby when you are feeling a bit peckish.

    One thing that puzzles me is, do these lizard people fuck the babies before they eat them? Sounds kind of disgusting.

    I disagree--Rand is right, Biden is calling election deniers white supremacist, racist liars, because that is what they are, whether they want to think of themselves that way or not.
    Actually you and I agree. Rand is pissed because the truth hurts.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  15. #11040
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,282
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Do you people even read what I write?
    We’ve all responded.

    Maybe copy and paste into google translate for Moronese.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  16. #11041
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    13,246
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Do you people even read what I write?
    At this point, not really.

  17. #11042
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    16,129
    Re mail in voting--I'd like to see them get rid of signature matching in states that use it, like CA. Too subjective and time consuming. If a registered voter is sent a ballot, that ballot is returned, and the registered voter doesn't try to vote in person--implying that they never got their mail ballot--then that ballot should be called good. The biggest challenge with that system would be identifying people who have moved out of state and were sent a ballot in both states. CA sent my son ballots for years after he left the state, despite me telling them.)

  18. #11043
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    We’ve all responded.

    Maybe copy and paste into google translate for Moronese.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You responded to things I never said. But if I have to spell that out for you....
    Live Free or Die

  19. #11044
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    143
    The Marriage of Heaven and Hell?

    Name:  UNITY.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  116.1 KB

    Coming to CBS Fall 2021!

  20. #11045
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I headed over to their new site for a dose of schadenfreude last night and the new one is something about the 20th Amendment and March 6th being the real inauguration date. That Biden is now part of the plan and the craziest of all the crazy that Trump and Biden have switched faces.
    Actually makes sense. That was why Trump wasn’t able to attend the inauguration. The real Biden with trump’s face was sent to Guantanamo, not Maralago, while Trump with Biden’s face on enjoyed the inaugural pleasantries.

    Diabolical.

  21. #11046
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No shit, why is it always the goal of the Right to limit voting?

    Because some people who may vote are are poorly informed? That argument has been rendered moot.
    The more people that vote the more Democrats win.

    That should say something.

    Scares the shit out of Republicans.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #11047
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Do you people even read what I write?
    No.

  23. #11048
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    2,002
    It's why they're anti-Democracy.

  24. #11049
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Do you people even read what I write?
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    At this point, not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    No.
    You two seem a little unclear on the concept.

  25. #11050
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    31,941
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You two seem a little unclear on the concept.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 976
Size:  20.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •