Page 435 of 474 FirstFirst ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 11840
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Never argue about dogs or kids. Advice the old farm wife told me.
    The old farmer who told me the same thing added, "...because the dogs die and the kids move away, but the neighbors are there forever."

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    old gods dont die
    they just mosey over the rainbow bridge
    to a differnt place
    and wait for us
    to be reunited
    this i believe
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    You know exactly zilch about the movement then.
    The original name was "Black Lives Matter Too" in response to the world in general turning away whenever a black person was killed by police like they were a dog or didn't have merit.
    The entire point of the movement is inclusion - everybody matters, therefore black lives matter, so start acting that way. Did you see only black people marching?
    Whatever information source is telling you it's "us vs them" is full of shit.
    The areas that practiced engagement and dialogue did not really see violence. The police that decided to double down on it and tear gas unarmed marchers, well, fuck em.
    BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

Top of the page on BLM.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

Top of the page on BLM.com

Congratulations, you can read a web page. Remind me again how "eradicating white supremacy" and "intervene in violence inflicted on black communities" makes it us vs. them. Do you think either of those are bad things?

Congratulations, you can read a web page. Remind me again how "eradicating white supremacy" and "intervene in violence inflicted on black communities" makes it us vs. them. Do you think either of those are bad things?
    Because he’s butthurt about it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I am curious who “us” is and who “them” is.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Just pointing it out or are you surprised to read it?
    I guess I was just pointing it out, but, man, I am eagerly waiting for the news that an elected official has been charged with conspiring with these people, and extra fun points if a Trump family member is charged. I dont think the former is too far off, the latter, eh, maybe. That's going to take some extra careful investigation work.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Not only that, but just because there's an organization with the name BLM doesn't mean that organization defines the overall movement.

I was that exact size at 16. I wasn't skinny but I lifted and ran all year for football, skiing and crew, I wasn't fat.
    This is interesting, I thought the fat shaming was a bit much. How big are you now Ice?

I guess I was just pointing it out, but, man, I am eagerly waiting for the news that an elected official has been charged with conspiring with these people, and extra fun points if a Trump family member is charged. I dont think the former is too far off, the latter, eh, maybe. That's going to take some extra careful investigation work.
    I'm hoping indictments are issued at 12:01pm today. Need to make sure there's not a last minute pardon. I'm also OK in dragging it out a few weeks to build the case if need be. There's a big digital trail to dig through.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Watching this whateverburger on tv...

Shades of:

Every time I hear the word “motorcade” I think of Kennedy’s head getting blown off. They should have retired that word when they stopped calling shit “book depositories”.

Boebert seems like a possible candidate. Multiple people saw her leading a group around the Capitol before the invasion. She says they were family members there for her swearing in. No doubt the FBI has checked the Capitol security cameras to see if that is true.
    I think it is unlikely any other politicians will be charged unless they were involved in planning the takeover or gave clear instructions to break into the building or engage in violence. Rudy's "trial by combat" comes closest, but it's too easy for people who made speeches to deny that they intended either. Encouraging the crowd to oppose the election results, encouraging people to mass outside the Capitol to make legislators aware of their displeasure is Constitutionally protected speech IMO. Surely those are grounds for not reelecting them and perhaps not seating them in Congress. When they swear to defend the Constitution they are swearing to accept the results of the election--violators of the oath should not be allowed to serve.

Quite possibly the officers injured and the family of the officer killed would have grounds for civil lawsuits against some of those politicians. But the bar for criminally convicting someone of fomenting insurrection is a high one, as it should be.

A headline in the WAPO--"As Trump exits Washington, he tells modest crowd, ‘We will be back in some form’"
    Any guesses on what form--orange newt, goldfish, orangutang? Or just some unidentifiable smear on my windshield or the sole of my shoe?

Also, even if family, it’s not like that skank’s WT redneck family would have shared intel with any capitol invaders, amirite?

Just nonstop sirens in the background.

Dystopia!

Pulled up DC fire/ems on broadcastify.
    Secret service has an abandoned bus near the route, nobody can talk to each other on assigned tac freqs so they’re finding each other on command.
    Two different dispatchers with unintelligible super thick accents, one foreign, one local. Incredible. I just smh. This nation is such a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Boebert seems like a possible candidate. Multiple people saw her leading a group around the Capitol before the invasion. She says they were family members there for her swearing in. No doubt the FBI has checked the Capitol security cameras to see if that is true.
    I think it is unlikely any other politicians will be charged unless they were involved in planning the takeover or gave clear instructions to break into the building or engage in violence. Rudy's "trial by combat" comes closest, but it's too easy for people who made speeches to deny that they intended either. Encouraging the crowd to oppose the election results, encouraging people to mass outside the Capitol to make legislators aware of their displeasure is Constitutionally protected speech IMO. Surely those are grounds for not reelecting them and perhaps not seating them in Congress. When they swear to defend the Constitution they are swearing to accept the results of the election--violators of the oath should not be allowed to serve.

Quite possibly the officers injured and the family of the officer killed would have grounds for civil lawsuits against some of those politicians. But the bar for accusing someone of fomenting insurrection is a high one, as it should be.
    It's going to be easy to correlate the Boebert tour party to the insurrectionists with cell phone placement.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Also, even if family, it’s not like that skank’s WT redneck family would have shared intel with any capitol invaders, amirite?
    Hey, don't disparage skanks by calling Boebert a skank. You apologize right now to all of the righteous skanks in the world.

It's going to be easy to correlate the Boebert tour party to the insurrectionists with cell phone placement.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    persevering lying. the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. yet where does this anarchy exist? where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? and can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. they were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. god forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. the people cannot be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure. our Convention has been too much impressed by. . .

Good night bitches.....

Oh, I get it, you’re a patriot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	or gop.PNG 
Views:	79 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	358811

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is interesting, I thought the fat shaming was a bit much. How big are you now Ice?
    I've shrank some, I'm just short of 6'1" and right at 200 or maybe 195 on a good day. Senior year in high school at 18 I was at 245 for football and stayed at about 220 for the next maybe 20 years after that. My hips wish I had been lighter all along I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Teachers have a responsibility to maintain the integrity of their classroom by limiting the dissemination of baseless lies and opinions. So i think they have the right to moderate the discussion, the mute button works.
    So they should only teach things of which they are 100% certain?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Oh, I get it, you’re a patriot
    I am curious why he thought posting this Jefferson quote was appropriate here.

What’s most important is to teach and demonstrate an approach:
    The combination of being both open-minded and critical. Willing and able to find all relevant information and evaluate that info by subjecting it to rigorous criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I am curious why he thought posting this Jefferson quote was appropriate here.
    Trying to move on up maybe?

To the east side? Deluxe apt?

No...?

I've shrank some, I'm just short of 6'1" and right at 200 or maybe 195 on a good day. Senior year in high school at 18 I was at 245 for football and stayed at about 220 for the next maybe 20 years after that. My hips wish I had been lighter all along I can tell you that.
    Yeah, being large takes it’s toll. I grew slowly, didn’t reach full size until 20 and I was a little over 6’4” and 215-220 for a long time. I’m right about 240-245 most of the time now but I should be around 220.