Page 55 of 136 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3387
    A man matching Floyd's description (race) allegedly committed a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    It almost sounds like you guys are saying the problem is that cops are above the law.
    Better come up with some different opinions which include accusations of racism if you expect to be taken seriously.
    What is wrong with you? Did you see the video. Fuck off.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I've not check in on this thread in a few days.
    Not that my opinion matters, but shoving that old guy down is wrong on so many levels. I mean you could have probably picked him up and moved him to the side. Maybe just walked around him and gave him a dirty look. Pushing him down, though, if that was my old man, i'd be pissed. He looks like he weighs 100lbs.
    I know I am once again going to say something most won't care to admit, but love will not conquer all. The very same institutions that have been entrusted with "doing the right thing" are who the citizenry are railing against. In those cities it's also the same group who have all the equipment and all the guns.
    The people thought that by giving up their constitutional 2nd amendment they would be ok with the 1st, however, it was the other way around. You should have kept your 2nd amendment rights to keep the cops and National Guard at bay to defend your 1st amendment.
    If places like NY passed the safe act, they shouldn't have exempted law enforcement from the same laws.
    It's sad to admit this, but perhaps it hasn't been the wolf is sheeps clothing, but a wolf in sheep dog clothing all along.
    I'm sorry but that march looked like a foreign occupying force coming into a conquered city.
    In the 60's the black panthers would have been armed and stood their ground. Anyone notice cops did nothing at those opening rallies 2 weeks ago or the virginia rally vs armed white guys.
    It's easy to be a tough guy when little girls and old men are standing in your way. Flame away.
    If you truly believe that armed citizenry could successfully take on the US law enforcement establishment and the military you are delusional. Especially since there will be at least two factions of citizenry, fighting each other.

There is no history of the Black Panthers successfully battling police. The Panthers did open carry (legal in CA at the time) while monitoring police activity but did not engage with them. Today cell phone cameras are more effective.

There are people shooting at the police during some of the protests. It doesn't seem to be doing any good.

Enough videos of police brutality and maybe the prosecutors will have no choice but to charge the cops. Maybe the old white people on juries who keep acquitting them will finally realize that the cops lie and murder.

Floyd's murderers may walk--like the people who shot Medgar Evers and killed Viola Liuzzo, or Emmett Till, or Goodman, Schwerner and Chaney (it's a long history) but I suspect that that one racist white person on the jury who would like to acquit will be too frightened of the consequences to do it. As far as the drugs in Floyd's system, it is telling that even the corrupt medical examiner didn't attribute the death to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Here's something that pisses me off.

Several years ago I got pulled over in the burbs for a minor traffic infraction (a left turn that was temporarily not allowed due to road construction).

Someone had recently been shot/killed by police after a traffic stop (and it's kind of telling that this is so common I don't remember which case that was), so with that in mind, I put my window down and put my hands on the wheel until the cop came to the car. When he got to me, he asked for my license, and I said something along the line of "It's in my wallet, which is in my jacket pocket. I'm going to take my hand off the wheel to open my jacket pocket and get my wallet, OK?" I kept both hands on the wheel until he replied.

He basically laughed it off and told me to relax. This was a few weeks after a highly publicized death by cop at a traffic stop and he thought it was a joke that I might be scared of getting shot. They don't have a shred of empathy or think that anything is wrong, and that fundamental disconnect with civilians is a huge fucking problem.
    He was laughing because you're white (I assume).

Anyone notice cops did nothing at those opening rallies 2 weeks ago or the virginia rally vs armed white guys.
    Armed conservative white guys get left alone. Armed blacks and white libtards get shot.

yup this ^^

I figure I am so racialy ambiguous folks are not really sure if they are suposed to hate me or not ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Several years ago I got pulled over in the burbs for a minor traffic infraction (a left turn that was temporarily not allowed due to road construction).

Someone had recently been shot/killed by police after a traffic stop (and it's kind of telling that this is so common I don't remember which case that was), so with that in mind, I put my window down and put my hands on the wheel until the cop came to the car. When he got to me, he asked for my license, and I said something along the line of "It's in my wallet, which is in my jacket pocket. I'm going to take my hand off the wheel to open my jacket pocket and get my wallet, OK?" I kept both hands on the wheel until he replied.

He basically laughed it off and told me to relax. This was a few weeks after a highly publicized death by cop at a traffic stop and he thought it was a joke that I might be scared of getting shot. They don't have a shred of empathy or think that anything is wrong, and that fundamental disconnect with civilians is a huge fucking problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    He was laughing because you're white (I assume).
    Well, I was driving an Outback with bike racks on top and a dog in the back, so yeah, I didn't fit the profile. Of course, that's just as bad: "Haha, you're a card, only black people need to worry about me shooting them."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you truly believe that armed citizenry could successfully take on the US law enforcement establishment and the military you are delusional. Especially since there will be at least two factions of citizenry, fighting each other.

There is no history of the Black Panthers successfully battling police. The Panthers did open carry (legal in CA at the time) while monitoring police activity but did not engage with them. Today cell phone cameras are more effective.

There are people shooting at the police during some of the protests. It doesn't seem to be doing any good.

Enough videos of police brutality and maybe the prosecutors will have no choice but to charge the cops. Maybe the old white people on juries who keep acquitting them will finally realize that the cops lie and murder.
    I think you are missing my point. you will continue to have this problem with a militarized police and a disarmed citizenry. I merely pointed out if you disarm the citizens you should disarm the police as well.
    You don't know cops too well if a well regulated group of black men with arms didn't open fire but stood around and monitored the police with cameras you can damn sure believe there would be no shots fired.
    Mutually assured destruction is an effective deterrent. When you governor strips the rights of its citizens to open carry or carry at all like NY but spends billions on a militaristic police force, then you wind up with an imbalance of power.
    My point isn't about having warring factions shooting at one another. My point is that your local government(our local governments) said trust us, they can have the guns and power. It goes to their heads as your seeing.
    They have no fear and you are seeing the results. They are protecting and serving they are dominating and intimidating.

Dan, you've never spent time in a Turkish prison have you?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It's easy to be critical of cops, I certainly am, but then there's something like this:

https://twitter.com/dma4him/status/1267474764442013702
    Does it? I mean, that's been 6 years and a few police chiefs ago already, hasn't it? Shirley you must have something more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Does it? I mean, that's been 6 years and a few police chiefs ago already, hasn't it? Shirley you must have something more recent.
    It was posted Jun 1. If it was 6 years ago, I obviously missed it. Congrats, you got me.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I think you are missing my point. you will continue to have this problem with a militarized police and a disarmed citizenry. I merely pointed out if you disarm the citizens you should disarm the police as well.
    You don't know cops too well if a well regulated group of black men with arms didn't open fire but stood around and monitored the police with cameras you can damn sure believe there would be no shots fired.
    Mutually assured destruction is an effective deterrent. When you governor strips the rights of its citizens to open carry or carry at all like NY but spends billions on a militaristic police force, then you wind up with an imbalance of power.
    My point isn't about having warring factions shooting at one another. My point is that your local government(our local governments) said trust us, they can have the guns and power. It goes to their heads as your seeing.
    They have no fear and you are seeing the results. They are protecting and serving they are dominating and intimidating.
    safe act didn’t disarm anyone.

why not replace mutually assured destruction with systemic racism and see what happens.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

It was posted Jun 1. If it was 6 years ago, I obviously missed it. Congrats, you got me.
    Hopeful that Minneapolis policing will change? Meet the police union's chief ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-bob-kroll-us

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    We should all be anti fascism.
    I know, right?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The Milwaukee PD was embroiled in their own mess about then. If you want to catch up, I think you can find a podcast about it in the archives of This American Life.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    What in the actual fuck are these cops thinking? Warning ... graphic.

https://twitter.com/WBFO/status/1268712530358292484
    I’ve watched this video a few times, we have close friends in Buffalo that we’ve been very nervous for. The one thing I see that maybe nobody has mentioned ( that I’ve seen anyway, this thread moves pretty damn fast ) the guy walks up to the cops and looks like he’s grabbing at them. Grabbing their arms and pretty close to touching their gun. That, in no fucking way, warrants the cops pushing the poor guy. But thought it was interesting that nobody has said that yet.

But I do feel really bad for the guy, like someone said, he’ll never be the same, if he recovers. Shitty situation.

Sounds like of the 4 cops involved in Floyd's death, 2 were rookies. 1 was on his 4th day on the job.

That doesn't excuse their conduct by any means, but it explains a lot. Rookie on his 4th day on the job watches as a 20 year veteran of the force kneels on a guy's neck until he passes out (and dies). We all know what the rookie should have done, but I feel a little bad for the guy.

But really, this means that the defense attorneys are already teeing this up to be pinned 100% on Chauvin. Presumably the rookies will testify against him and get light (or no) sentences. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the public eye.

Mutually assured destruction is an effective deterrent.
    It's also a really shitty way to live and structure a society.

In the hierarchy of reasons I want people to not shoot me (or anyone else):
    1. They don't want to shoot me
    2. They don't have access to the guns to shoot me with
    3. They fear the criminal penalties if they shoot me
    4. They are afraid I will shoot them back first

I would prefer to structure our society, both for civilians and our government, for the above order and will support policies, laws, and spending toward that goal, not...

1. They are afraid I will shoot them back first
    2. They fear the criminal penalties if they shoot me
    3. They don't want to shoot me
    4. They don't have access to the guns to shoot me with

which, unfortunately, seems to be the direction we are headed.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    It's also a really shitty way to live and structure a society.

In the hierarchy of reasons I want people to not shoot me (or anyone else):
    1. They don't want to shoot me
    2. They don't have access to the guns to shoot me with
    3. They fear the criminal penalties if they shoot me
    4. They are afraid I will shoot them back first

I would prefer to structure our society, both for civilians and our government, for the above order and will support policies, laws, and spending toward that goal, not...

1. They are afraid I will shoot them back first
    2. They fear the criminal penalties if they shoot me
    3. They don't want to shoot me
    4. They don't have access to the guns to shoot me with

which, unfortunately, seems to be the direction we are headed.
    Well said!

Respectfully, you're high.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I’ve watched this video a few times, we have close friends in Buffalo that we’ve been very nervous for. The one thing I see that maybe nobody has mentioned ( that I’ve seen anyway, this thread moves pretty damn fast ) the guy walks up to the cops and looks like he’s grabbing at them. Grabbing their arms and pretty close to touching their gun. That, in no fucking way, warrants the cops pushing the poor guy. But thought it was interesting that nobody has said that yet.

But I do feel really bad for the guy, like someone said, he’ll never be the same, if he recovers. Shitty situation.
    He had a helmet in his left hand and his phone in his right and uses the phone to gesture towards something to his right. He didn't attempt to grab a damn thing, not even close.

Well said!
    x2!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Respectfully, you're high.

He had a helmet in his left hand and his phone in his right and uses the phone to gesture towards something to his right. He didn't attempt to grab a damn thing, not even close.
    apparently he was trying to return property to the police

the other 57 officers have now resigned from the team in solidarity with the shovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

x2!
    Ahh good call. I watched it at work on my phone and never hit the full screen button, just watched it full screen on the iPad. Fuuuck.

You can see the expression on the one cops face that grabs the radio on his shoulder. They all knew that was worse case scenario right there. What a shitty thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Sounds like of the 4 cops involved in Floyd's death, 2 were rookies. 1 was on his 4th day on the job.

That doesn't excuse their conduct by any means, but it explains a lot. Rookie on his 4th day on the job watches as a 20 year veteran of the force kneels on a guy's neck until he passes out (and dies). We all know what the rookie should have done, but I feel a little bad for the guy.

But really, this means that the defense attorneys are already teeing this up to be pinned 100% on Chauvin. Presumably the rookies will testify against him and get light (or no) sentences. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the public eye.
    this has been public knowledge since last Wednesday. The only interesting thing is how it’s working around the internet today as “news”.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

the other 57 officers have now resigned from the team in solidarity with the shovers.
    So 59 less bad apples, then? Seems like a win.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

Good fucking riddance to them.

From the video it looks like he was attended to by national guardsmen?

The cops just walked past him.