Page 50 of 142 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3532
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I hadn't known that the common cold controls income and race. Good to know.
    Damn sarcasm meter is making that squealing sound again. What does it mean when the touch screen starts flashing with an image of Morpheus' sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    more logical thought on facts, sorry about this.
    "logic," huh?

people killed by police in 2019: 1,099
    https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

police killed in the line of duty in 2019: 147*
    https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2019

* this number includes things like heart attacks, cancer, accidents, training, vehicle crashes

Skcouged again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Skcouged again.
    i shouldn't have replied, sorry :/

WTO
    GATT

Odds that George Floyd's positive test for SARS-Cov-2 is used to show he died of natural causes?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Odds that George Floyd's positive test for SARS-Cov-2 is used to show he died of natural causes?
    He had it months ago, he wasn’t sick with it at the time of his murder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    i shouldn't have replied, sorry :/
    he gets a better education for free here than he did at trump u.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He had it months ago, he wasn’t sick with it at the time of his murder.
    I should have been clearer: I'm asking the odds that it's used by his defense attorneys. My apologies. Gambling is too serious to leave it that ill-defined.

That might be a poor question, too, as it seems like the odds would run about 95% or more that they try--really it should be: what are the odds they get these guys acquitted on that basis?

I should have been clearer: I'm asking the odds that it's used by his defense attorneys. My apologies. Gambling is too serious to leave it that ill-defined.

That might be a poor question, too, as it seems like the odds would run about 95% or more that they try--really it should be: what are the odds they get these guys acquitted on that basis?
    The union boss wants all 4 reinstated

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN23B2LL

Of course he does. I discussed this upthread, but firing public sector workers without a pre-termination hearing is a roll of the dice, no matter what fucked up shit they did.....I think the Chief balanced the rest of his city burning vs. firing them immediately and said, screw it, we'll deal with the appeal when the time comes. Which again, i am a ok with.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

This happened before the state legislature in Minnesota could outlaw protests, bills for which have been introduced.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...years-1009986/

Okay, burn that dudes house down.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Everyone hates the police until they need them.
    No, I hate them 100% of the time.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

...the odds would run about 95% or more that they try--really it should be: what are the odds they get these guys acquitted on that basis?
    What basis? Not following you. The guy was sick a while back. So what? Even if he was sick when they killed him, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What basis? Not following you. The guy was sick a while back. So what? Even if he was sick when they killed him, so what?
    Yeah. That won't be how they get an acquittal if they do get one. No doubt it will be brought into evidence though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Pretty sure Timberidge would have a different stopped for 20mph over the limit experience if he was black.
    Here in NJ, they see you're white and the next thing you know they're inviting you down to the station to bang the locked up hookers and do blow from the evidence room. How do they do it in Seattle?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yeah. That won't be how they get an acquittal if they do get one. No doubt it will be brought into evidence though.
    When will the trial be? I want to leave the county before the verdict.

Not a terrible plan.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't want to start down the dark path of doing these guys' work, but a quick search on "COVID-19 cardiac arrest" comes back with a bunch of stuff I expect they'll introduce, some of which along the lines of "lasting effects on the heart. Hopefully there aren't 12 people that can look at that video and imagine the officer's knee is not the cause of death. Hopefully.

I've had worse situations in Seattle where I got attacked by a bunch of guys and beaten and kicked IN FRONT OF 3 cars fill of the SPD. I filed a complaint and dealt with an incredible farce of an investigation. It's no wonder they've been under federal investigation for years. If Seattle were truly "liberal", whatever that means, the police would not be this way.
    You filed a complaint with the Office of Police Accountability (OPA) against the police officers? Or a criminal complaint against the guys who beat you? Did you make a public records request for the police reports and the dash cam videos in the SPD cars, or body cams if it was a more recent case? Complaints against police who behave badly are the way things are changed.

The argument that it wasn't murder if he had health conditions is so stupid. If you routinely use slightly excessive force, eventually you will encounter someone with a medical condition. Thats the whole fucking point of why it isn't ok. I mean, why else did he die right then? The knee on his neck was just coincidence. The officers were trying to provide medical assistance? That is part of systemic racism, the routine application of force.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

After Rodney King a lot of the LAPD who still wanted to rule the street got jobs with the SPD
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

There's a long history of medical examiners covering up police killings. Bennet Omalu, the pathologist who blew the whistle on CTE in the NFL, resigned from the San Joaquin County, CA, coroner's office, alleging the sheriff, who is the coroner in that county wanted the pathologists to whitewash cases.