Page 440 of 473 FirstFirst ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 11804
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Huh? Obama had both houses too when he was inaugurated.

But cool post otherwise from the cheap seats as usual.

Interesting, palpable, change here today. You could really feel a weight was lifted.

Our office catered lunch, it was cleared out by 4. Laughter was in the air among lots of the halls.

I walked the dog around the neighborhood and its parks there were groups of people all over hanging out like it was a holiday. (at distance of course for the most part) Sure the warmer temps didn't hurt, and it stayed light out till well after 6:30, but it felt like the season was changing literally and figuratively.

Can't wait to get back to normal. I'm no polyasshat, but I think today plays a big part in back there.

Be well, calm down, and lets move on mags.
    The relief I feel is indescribable. There are a few of us here that served in the military. In Trump's world we fought for a narcissist who cares only for himself and not for the ideals of democracy. In Trump's world my friends died for a flawed man. In the world I hope we are moving into, we fought for the ideals of freedom, equality and opportunity. In the world I pray we are moving into, friends didn't die in vain, but rather fought to bring the rest of the world the opportunities and freedoms we take for granted.

Yes I am a blubbering idiot, but I can't tell you how much it means to transition from a self serving narcissist to the idea of being the best we can be for the betterment of all of us.

I have been a crying idiot all day because I have to believe we are better than Trump and his insurrectionists.

Not me but it sure has been dusty around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Not me but it sure has been dusty around here.
    Here too!

Seeing and hearing images and instances of relief, happiness, a strong sense of purpose for our democratic institutions and hope for what America represents on full display today will bring a knot in your gut and a tear in your eye.

Nice break from the last year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    The relief I feel is indescribable. There are a few of us here that served in the military. In Trump's world we fought for a narcissist who cares only for himself and not for the ideals of democracy. In Trump's world my friends died for a flawed man. In the world I hope we are moving into, we fought for the ideals of freedom, equality and opportunity. In the world I pray we are moving into, friends didn't die in vain, but rather fought to bring the rest of the world the opportunities and freedoms we take for granted.

Yes I am a blubbering idiot, but I can't tell you how much it means to transition from a self serving narcissist to the idea of being the best we can be for the betterment of all of us.

I have been a crying idiot all day because I have to believe we are better than Trump and his insurrectionists.
    Great post. Today felt like American government functioning like to should. I just can’t believe so many people went all in on such a obviously fatally flawed man

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I just can’t believe so many people went all in on such a obviously fatally flawed man
    The Republican Party is a religion.

Marx was not wrong about that one.

Helluva fireworks show they put on, it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Going to be very hard to get any laws through the senate... he'll need 60 votes
    I think it depends on the bill. Infrastructure may be a good place to start with a test of bipartisan legislation. Lots of people on both sides favor an infrastructure bill. I would think it would be somewhat easy to get to 60 on that, depending on how much baggage people want to hang on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I think it depends on the bill. Infrastructure may be a good place to start with a test of bipartisan legislation. Lots of people on both sides favor an infrastructure bill. I would think it would be somewhat easy to get to 60 on that, depending on how much baggage people want to hang on it.
    This is terribly naive. There is not a meaningful constituency of elected Republicans who want to pass good legislation. You either pass it through the budget reconciliation process or get rid of the filibuster.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I found Benny!

Wait until he dismounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Wait until he dismounts.
    Had you actually incorporated Ben's avatar, that would've been the most well-done TGR based meme we've seen since the great David Witherspoon ostrich meme wars of the early aughts.
    I still call it The Jake.

Mackelmore with something to say https://fb.watch/38NDFNOdps/

Fuck that guy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Had you actually incorporated Ben's avatar, that would've been the most well-done TGR based meme we've seen since the great David Witherspoon ostrich meme wars of the early aughts.
    Caption should also have been

"Can you slow this thing down!"

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Caption should also have been

"Can you slow this thing down!"
    "I am once again asking you to slow this lift down"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    "I am once again asking you to slow this lift down"
    Even better!

I wonder what all the qanaon morons are saying now? I mean these idiots were convinced Trump had some sort of last minute play to stay in power and that it was imminent that Trump was going to bust this massive cartel of pedophiles. Maybe they can make up some excuse of why Trump didn’t bust them, but when you believe people were raping, killing and eating little kids, inaction is pretty darn inexcusable. Would be a great time to be trolling Parlor and the meeting places of Q morons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I wonder what all the qanaon morons are saying now? I mean these idiots were convinced Trump had some sort of last minute play to stay in power and that it was imminent that Trump was going to bust this massive cartel of pedophiles. Maybe they can make up some excuse of why Trump didn’t bust them, but when you believe people were raping, killing and eating little kids, inaction is pretty darn inexcusable. Would be a great time to be trolling Parlor and the meeting places of Q morons.

Seeing and hearing images and instances of relief, happiness, a strong sense of purpose for our democratic institutions and hope for what America represents on full display today will bring a knot in your gut and a tear in your eye.

Nice break from the last year.
    This video is good.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-inauguration/

People around here are still too busy counting up all the money they made in the markets over the last few years to have noticed the transition to a Biden Administration.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

Dress warm. It's gonna be -45 for the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I headed over to their new site for a dose of schadenfreude last night and the new one is something about the 20th Amendment and March 6th being the real inauguration date. That Biden is now part of the plan and the craziest of all the crazy that Trump and Biden have switched faces.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRaven View Post
    Time for the hashtags yet? Perhaps it's time to recycle & reuse classics like:

#NotMyPresident
    #Resist
    #PeachMint
    #BidenThePedophile
    you never answered the how your army will win when its narsisistic needs to be outspoken with social media tech tool betrays them
    the unibomber hermit didnt twat
    or betray his presence
    and they still found him
    #joeknows
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If trump runs again his new slogan should be
    Make America great again
    Again
    24° 06°