Page 17 of 140 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Pretty sure no jury in the world would convict someone for shooting a guy swinging a 2x4 at your face or beating the crap out of your unarmed wife. If my wife was being attacked by three grown men carrying 2x4s...I would have zero problem shooting them.
    Well, one of the reasons they might convict you is all kinds of statements beforehand from you saying you’ll kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Who is they Gretch? Who is “we”?

funny how all the freedom bitches are the first ones whining for authoritarian crackdowns
    Let's not blow this outta context. I think most on this board are about personal freedom with responsibility to not harm others. You want to protest, cool. You want to burn and loot my business or property, fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    for such a strong person im surprised you need the guberment to tell you
    shits fucked and they don't have an answer
    and even if they did it would be the same answer from different people as after ferguson or eric gardner
    public statements are lip flapping mouth service
    and the cycle continuies
    we need actions not words
    I don't need them to tell me anything but I expect them to make and effort to at least try to lead through words and example which we all now lead to action.

Look at the great speeches of FDR and JFK during times of turmoil or turning to examples from another country Queen Elizabeth during WWII and Winston Churchill or civil rights leaders Cesar Chavez and MLK.

Just as words can incite violence they can also inspire goodness.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    In my life, I've never seen rioting or looting in Spokane. This is a pretty even-keel, level headed city, generally speaking. However, last night, following a day of peaceful demonstration and protesting of the crime committed against George Floyd, things got heated. The local news was broadcasting from downtown and all was peaceful with there having been thousands demonstrating over the day. Most had left by the end of the day but there was still a good sized group by evening.

Around 7:00 or so, there was teargas dispersed with rioting and looting having commenced. The Nike factory store has its storefront broken out and a steady line of people going in and exiting with Nike gear. It was shortly after that the police arrived and dispersed the crowd with teargas and rubber bullets. This all went on for over three hours and was still going on when I went to bed at 10:00 so I don't know what time the crowd was finally chased out of downtown.

Not during Vietnam or at any other time do I remember any level of civil disorder to this magnitude. I saw from a friend on Facebook that allegedly a bus load of antifa had arrived here but that's not substantiated. However, that's how a number of these people were acting, not unlike what has been seen in other cities around the country. For it to happen in Spokane is alarming to me. Again, that's not the same city as I've experienced over my lifetime. This needs to stop. It's disrespectful of George Floyd and of the honest and honorable people who came out yesterday to protest his fate.
    To be fair Spokane was a pretty smal out of the way town during the Vietnam war. Not even 300K. Seattle had 1.5m.

But yeah, surprising but maybe not. Now if they start rioting in Tri-Cities......

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I don't need them to tell me anything but I expect them to make and effort to at least try to lead through words and example which we all now lead to action.

Look at the great speeches of FDR and JFK during times of turmoil or turning to examples from another country Queen Elizabeth during WWII and Winston Churchill or civil rights leaders Cesar Chavez and MLK.

QFT.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Compassion and empathy aren't words often used in reference to Donald J. Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Let's not blow this outta context. I think most on this board are about personal freedom with responsibility to not harm others. You want to protest, cool. You want to burn and loot my business or property, fuck you.
    im not defending the looters as much as pointing out the conceptions of defense being spewed here could get you arrested and make your life a pain in the ass
    https://www.startribune.com/man-shot...ied/570865962/
    A 59-year-old man from Galesville, Wis., who owns Cadillac Jewelry, was arrested that night and remains jailed ahead of possible murder charges. The Star Tribune generally does not identify suspects before they are charged.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    How is shooting people going to help anything? What will it accomplish? It may protect some property... at the cost of human life.

We shouldn't be concerned about protecting property or punitive measures. Sure, go ahead and care about protecting property and punishment if it gives you a hard on,
    Wow!!! Just wow!
    A mob with molotov cocktails shows up at my house and you wanna shame me for protecting my home & family and not wanting to lose everything I own and be homeless?

I sure hope I'm never in that horrible situation.
    I sure hope I never have to point a gun in anger at another human!
    I also would never think to tell someone not to defend what is theirs because the would be killer's lives are more important than than my family's lives.
    And make no mistake, when a crazed, angry mob is destroying property, it's not just the property that's in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You guys say what you want. If it is my business or home they want to burn down, I am taking a bunch of the fuckers with me before they take me out.
    What he said.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

My town is 4% African American. Yesterday I went to go get lunch. As I drove towards downtown, 600 people were marching down the main drag. I was blown away- and also proud of my old farm town. We headed home and were going to head back over and join them. As I was driving home, two young black guys came flying up behind us in a car. As I pulled away from the 4 way stop, they passed and yelled, "Fuck you old white dude!" Then flipped us off and raised the black power fist through their sunroof. I was totally shaken. But I get it. I understand them. I agree with their sentiment. We just went home and watched all the shit going down on TV.

My SO and I talked about what we could do. I asked her, "What can an old white guy like me do?!" She said, "Just speak up. Don't put up with racism when you see it. Don't be silent anymore."

So about an hour ago, conspiracy nut co-worker came in. He says the looters should be shot. I tell him that's not legal. I tell him people of color are pissed. They're at their wits end. I tell him about my son's black friend who gets followed around in stores. He says, "Statistically they are probably right to follow him." I'm getting a little agitated now. Then I tell him what happened to me. I told him this is more than about George Floyd. It's a perfect storm. This is about ALL of the shootings. It's about people on edge from Covid. It's about 300 years of oppression. It's about Trump's racism. He immediately said, "Trump's not a racist! How's he a racist? By giving them jobs?" I lost it. Told him to fuck off and get of my office. He kept trying to talk and I just kept saying, "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you..." He left. Not my best moment. But I'm angry.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Wow!!! Just wow!
    A mob with molotov cocktails shows up at my house and you wanna shame me for protecting my home & family and not wanting to lose everything I own and be homeless?
    Has this happened anywhere, though? I agree that human beings and their homes need to be protected with whatever force is required.

America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

Nothing would piss trump off more right now than to have Obama address the nation in a nationwide broadcast.

Can we make that happen?. Tipster talk to your people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Nothing would piss trump off more right now than to have Obama address the nation in a nationwide broadcast.
    Wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Protesters attacking a truck and horse trailer while the driver was trying to get the frieghtened animals to safety (Oklahoma).

https://www.facebook.com/ReaganLedbe...2011515666931/

TRUCK DRIVES THROUGH CROWD OF TULSA PROTESTORS: Here is a look at video from the middle of the crowd of protestors, after a truck with a trailer drove through the crowd. Protestors had blocked off all traffic on I-244.

UPDATE: I’ve been told by people who know the truck driver that his horses were injured after protestors damaged the trailer and threw stuff into the trailer. I’m also told the driver of the truck was trying to get through because his horses were freaking out and he needed to get them out of the situation.

I’ve also been told that some protestors dropped the gate on the back of his trailer and he was in fear for his livestock which is why he drove through the crowd to get to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Got a notification from the USSS to hide my press pass when coming to the WH and only pull it out once I'm at the gate. That's fucked up.
    Stay safe Tipp, seen way too many vids of cops going after press.

Detroit has been pretty calm compared to other cities so far.

But rapper and, town thug/community activist, trick trick just reinstated his no fly zone in Detroit... white people are not welcome at the protests.

To be fair Spokane was a pretty smal out of the way town during the Vietnam war. Not even 300K. Seattle had 1.5m.

But yeah, surprising but maybe not. Now if they start rioting in Tri-Cities OR Walla Walla......
    FIFY.

Yes but most would still consider Spokane to be a small, out of the way town by comparison. Even with growth, past public displays have been largely peaceful and homage to the smaller town atmosphere that I guess I'm most accustomed to. The only comparable event I can think of was when that asshat tried, unsuccessfully, to bomb an MLK Day parade several years ago. For the most part, people around here come out, say their piece, and move through the community peacefully and respectfully. Yesterday was no exception until a different group started the problems late in the day/evening. It's just weird seeing it here and I don't like it.

Well I guess he has spoken to some Americans:

Trump Calls Governors ‘Weak,’ Urges Tougher Crackdown On Protests

President Donald Trump called the nation’s governors “weak” during a call on Monday, urging a tougher crackdown on massive protests against police brutality and racist policing across the United States.

“You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate,” Trump said, according to audio of the call obtained by HuffPost.

“Most of you are weak,” Trump told governors on a video call that also included law enforcement and national security officials. “You have to arrest people.”

Attorney General Bill Barr and Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, joined Trump on the call. Trump said he had placed Milley “in charge” and said he planned to “activate” Barr “very strongly.”

Trump’s remarks came after days of protests prompted by the killing of George Floyd, a Black man who was pinned to the ground by a white Minneapolis police officer for nearly nine minutes; for much of that time, Floyd was unresponsive. Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who along with three others was fired over the incident, was arrested Friday and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

While many demonstrators peacefully gathered, at points the protests turned violent, with some attendees vandalizing and stealing from businesses. Many states activated the National Guard to help with law enforcement, and many police responded to protesters with authoritarian tactics.

At one point in the hour-long call, Trump told the governors they didn’t need to worry about using too much force against protesters and should aggressively prosecute the crimes.

“You don’t have to be too careful,” Trump said. “You have to do the prosecutions. If you don’t do the prosecutions, they’re just going to be back. … Somebody throwing a rock, that’s like shooting a gun. You have to do retribution, you have to use your legal system.”

Trump’s comments fit into his long history of demeaning protesters and praising crackdowns on dissent. In a 1990 interview, Trump praised China’s leadership for its brutal and deadly suppression of protests in Tiananmen Square, claiming they had shown “the power of strength.”

The president on Monday also said Minnesota had become a “laughingstock all over the world,” and specifically criticized the response in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and New York City.

While the comments alarmed some of the people on the call, there was little pushback from the nation’s governors. Throughout the call, Trump suggested the riots and protests were not the result of anger at policing policies, but were instead the result of professional instigators and a supposedly organized movement.

Nearly every governor seemed to accept this frame. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican and frequent critic of the president, told the Trump that he “couldn’t agree more with what you said.”

“Peace through strength,” Hogan said, citing his experience handling the 2017 protests following the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore police custody.

“Everybody’s saying the same thing about these out-of-town agitators,” Hogan continued. “It seems to be very organized.”

Maine Democratic Gov. Janet Mills, a former attorney general, asked Trump and Barr for any “intelligence” they had “regarding the source of the protests and bad actors and professional instigators.”

“I’d like to be able to prepare for any professional instigators,” she said. “We haven’t seen that yet in my state.”

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards similarly asked for any intelligence the federal government might have about groups targeting Louisiana.

The only governor to directly challenge Trump during the call was Illinois Gov. J.B Pritzker. “I’ve been extraordinarily concerned about the rhetoric that’s been used by you. It’s been inflammatory and it’s not OK for that officer to choke George Floyd to death,” Pritzker said. “We have to call for calm. We have to have police reform.”

Trump shot back: “I don’t like your rhetoric much either,” before criticizing how Pritzker had handled the coronavirus pandemic in his state.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    im not defending the looters as much as pointing out the conceptions of defense being spewed here could get you arrested and make your life a pain in the ass
    https://www.startribune.com/man-shot...ied/570865962/
    You quoted a story where a looter was shot out front of the store. That is SOOOOO different then a group of people attacking you and your wife with 2X4s.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    FIFY.

Yes but most would still consider Spokane to be a small, out of the way town by comparison. Even with growth, past public displays have been largely peaceful and homage to the smaller town atmosphere that I guess I'm most accustomed to. The only comparable event I can think of was when that asshat tried, unsuccessfully, to bomb an MLK Day parade several years ago. For the most part, people around here come out, say their piece, and move through the community peacefully and respectfully. Yesterday was no exception until a different group started the problems late in the day/evening. It's just weird seeing it here and I don't like it.
    Walla Walla would be crazy. I saw three young ladies holding signs at the Land Title plaza (our sort of town square on 1st & Main). I was too far away to see what the signs said but assumed it had to do with GF.

People around here are too busy trying plant and harvest crops before the next storm moves in. We've had some wild weather.

Protesters attacking a truck and horse trailer while the driver was trying to get the frieghtened animals to safety (Oklahoma).

https://www.facebook.com/ReaganLedbe...2011515666931/
    Those aren’t protesters, that’s mob mentality run amok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This played next from KQ's fb link. Looks like a skate shop got looted at the end of this vid, but thankfully REI was spared.

https://www.facebook.com/fox11la/vid...8071771966259/

I would not advocate it because of the coronavirus, but it would be great to have a demonstration on the Washington Mall that dwarfed Trump’s inauguration crowd.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

The husband was under clubbed. Should have gone with a 8 iron and his swing timing was off. Swing first, then yell. High handicap for sure. I'm gonna guess 20+
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    This played next from KQ's fb link. Looks like a skate shop got looted at the end of this vid, but thankfully REI was spared.

https://www.facebook.com/fox11la/vid...8071771966259/
    I saw where an REI got looted somewhere... can't remember what city but it was covered by the NBC news last night.