Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Turns out shutting down the country and firing 40M employees isn't good for social unrest.

Who'd have thunk.

I think all the looting sucks, but at the end of the day it's a lot better than many people getting hurt or killed--which hasn't seemed to occur yet at least on a widespread basis. I think this, in large part, is why the cops are taking a defensive stance.

America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Turns out shutting down the country and firing 40M employees isn't good for social unrest.

Who'd have thunk.
    If not for the complete shutdown, we’d be looking at a staggering amount of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Can I just point out that our federal government has yet to make a public statement with regard to the current state of unrest in this county.

sofaking proud of my kid
    shouting her conscience
    with a backpack full of water and EMT supplies
    doing what we raised her too
    speaking out and taking care of others
    She handled 4 heatstrokes and a big laceration between the capital and the department of public safety, watched the cop car get torched and bounced just like we talked about when shit got sketchy We sat on the couch together and watched arrowman's car burn and had some incredible conversation. When the pendulum swings the other way I hope we end up with a just society.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1591022951524.jpeg 
Views:	172 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	330312
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    https://popular.info/p/the-outside-agitator-trope (click "let me read it first" to access the article)

If you don't subscribe to Popular Information ($50/yr.) you should. Not speaking to you in particular Kirby, I mean people should subscribe. He's doing pretty amazing work pretty much single-handedly. Most of it is investigative journalism, which I believe needs to be kept alive in this country. Regardless of your political persuasion.
    Whether they are locals are not, there is clearly 'outside agitators' in these riots. Minny has enough white anarchists locally to take care of chaos. But they are not BLM people, they are not coordinating with BLM so why isn't he clarifying this? And how is it similar to past leaders blaming MLK being an outsider? There is no black leader coming in to these cities from out of town and organizing things as far as I know. I do believe a lot of out-of-towners are coming, if you are within an hour or so of Minny or whatever big city, do you stay at home on a Friday night or be a part of history? And maybe get some new throw-pillows while you are out.

Also, he needs to use a synonym for trope every once-in-a-while.

Well shit got rowdy early this morning in the Downtown area. Seems a familiar pattern is being repeated across the country: Large, peaceful marches and protests into the evening, then the witching hour hits and people go berserk. There was a concerted effort to set fire to the historic Kimo Theatre, which if that had been successful we'd prolly have lost the whole block. Central Avenue currently closed throughout downtown, and word on the street is tonight could be worse.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That is pretty much what needs to be done to the shitheads rioting. Peaceful demonstrations are fine. Smash and grab, we shoot you.

“It appears most of the young folks tearing up the city are younger white people,” he said. “If somehow you think that tearing up (downtown) is going to help black people, you are sadly mistaken. Please don’t think you are doing any of us any favors by tearing stuff up.”
    How is shooting people going to help anything? What will it accomplish? It may protect some property... at the cost of human life. But ok, if youre fine with that cost, lets think about the other effects...

It will pour fuel on this fire, thats for damn sure. If any of the people who get shot are indeed foreign actors, it would be better to have them alive, in custody, and for the justice system to do its job and investigate each and every one of them.

I think what it will really accomplish is gratifying something in people who think the looters/rioters shouldn't be able to get away with this. That hardly seems like the most important thing to focus on in all this. It more just seems like a stupid emotionally driven call to violence, the lat thing this country needs.

Am I missing something? What would it accomplish? You think its going to teach someone a lesson and they will change their behavior? You're an idiot if so.

We shouldn't be concerned about protecting property or punitive measures. Sure, go ahead and care about protecting property and punishment if it gives you a hard on, but what we should really be focusing on is finding out who these people are, and why they are doing this. A few anarchists, who cares, throw them in prison. But if it is disguised police, or foreign actors, or god forbid our own special forces/cia/etc, we have far far bigger problems than oh some people broke some windows and stole some things, and you are a fucking fool and your attitude is exactly the response they want you to have.

We should all remember that it is possible our nation could be under attack by a foreign government. We should look at those we disagree with as our countrymen.

I bet you jerk off to action movies. Not for the subcurrents of homo eroticism, but just to the fantasy of violence being something a hero does ya know.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Whether they are locals are not, there is clearly 'outside agitators' in these riots. Minny has enough white anarchists locally to take care of chaos. But they are not BLM people, they are not coordinating with BLM so why isn't he clarifying this? And how is it similar to past leaders blaming MLK being an outsider? There is no black leader coming in to these cities from out of town and organizing things as far as I know. I do believe a lot of out-of-towners are coming, if you are within an hour or so of Minny or whatever big city, do you stay at home on a Friday night or be a part of history? And maybe get some new throw-pillows while you are out.

Also, he needs to use a synonym for trope every once-in-a-while.
    I'm definitely not saying he's 100% correct but he does make some good points and it's a perspective worth hearing imo. Agreed on the synonyms, there's some decent ones he could use, I've always been a fan of "bromide" myself.

America Burning- What’s it Like Where You Live?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    How is shooting people going to help anything? What will it accomplish? It may protect some property... at the cost of human life. But ok, if youre fine with that cost, lets think about the other effects...

It will pour fuel on this fire, thats for damn sure. If any of the people who get shot are indeed foreign actors, it would be better to have them alive, in custody, and for the justice system to do its job and investigate each and every one of them.

I think what it will really accomplish is gratifying something in people who think the looters/rioters shouldn't be able to get away with this. That hardly seems like the most important thing to focus on in all this. It more just seems like a stupid emotionally driven call to violence, the lat thing this country needs.

Am I missing something? What would it accomplish? You think its going to teach someone a lesson and they will change their behavior? You're an idiot if so.

We shouldn't be concerned about protecting property or punitive measures. Sure, go ahead and care about protecting property and punishment if it gives you a hard on, but what we should really be focusing on is finding out who these people are, and why they are doing this. A few anarchists, who cares, throw them in prison. But if it is disguised police, or foreign actors, or god forbid our own special forces/cia/etc, we have far far bigger problems than oh some people broke some windows and stole some things, and you are a fucking fool and your attitude is exactly the response they want you to have.

We should all remember that it is possible our nation could be under attack by a foreign government. We should look at those we disagree with as our countrymen.

Thank you, well stated

I agree, and it just adds to the problem of using deadly force to counter something that really doesn't justify it.

I am not sure just standing around and doing nothing is the right answer either. They are beginning to burn historical sites, and are injuring police, etc. We absolutely cannot stand by and just watch.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

well said leroy
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Holy shit! I got Leroy out of his lurking. You guys say what you want. If it is my business or home they want to burn down, I am taking a bunch of the fuckers with me before they take me out. As far as rubbing one out, I still have the pics of your sister you sent me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Leroy is back! Another sign of the crazy times?

So... its the end of times right? I mean right? We've got plague, a demagogue in the white house, russia is going to destabilize our country and bring it into a civil war no one will win but will spread forth and engulf the world in varying degrees of economic and very real chaos. I'm going to get a jump on things, and start figuring out my recipes for people meat now. That way, if one doesn't really turn out all that well, I can just have frozen pizza or something, and by the time I really HAVE to start eating people, I'll have that shit dialed. Suggestions?
    Truly the end of the world if you dusted yourself off to post here again!

/I am TheFugitive
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I bet you jerk off to action movies. Not for the subcurrents of homo eroticism, but just to the fantasy of violence being something a hero does ya know.
    This was posted from the backseat, wasn't it?
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

As far as rubbing one out, I still have the pics of your sister you sent me.
    neekid pics? post em up? The NSFW superthread has been cunted up with Back To The Future cars and vampires....

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Leroy is back! Another sign of the crazy times?
    Last I recall Leroy "Get Outta My Line" Jenkins was banging approximately 2 chicks at the same time and probably their moms too. Dude used to be a goddamn stud. Hope things haven't changed.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Holy shit! I got Leroy out of his lurking. You guys say what you want. If it is my business or home they want to burn down, I am taking a bunch of the fuckers with me before they take me out. As far as rubbing one out, I still have the pics of your sister you sent me.
    Make sure to bring more than a sword or a semi.

Looked like a Reginald Denny replay but this time in 4k.

Here's another one in Rochester. https://streamable.com/ibwexe?fbclid...e9D8QD0U3Csv-s

Looks like Karen shouldn't have been speaking rationally.
    Last edited by Deebased; 06-01-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Got a notification from the USSS to hide my press pass when coming to the WH and only pull it out once I'm at the gate. That's fucked up.

Is this the thread where we post our disgust about the amount of fucking dog whistling blasting through social media through which people basically hope to discredit the entire point of racial injustice? It’s not even social media. I’ve been hearing it for fucking years but it’s deafening at this point.

Even the fucking KKK could probably condemn George Floyd’s death in a legitimate effort to improve its public perception.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I am not sure just standing around and doing nothing is the right answer either. They are beginning to burn historical sites, and are injuring police, etc. We absolutely cannot stand by and just watch.
    Who is they Gretch? Who is “we”?

funny how all the freedom bitches are the first ones whining for authoritarian crackdowns