Page 305 of 321 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 8012
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Doesn't NY have mail-in voting?
    Yeah but I don't trust that shit. Sent a check to a vendor 2 weeks ago in the mail and they never got it.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I feel like I have heard a slightly different version of this somewhere else.

This type of false equivalency has to stop. On "one side" you have one instance of a shooter, Reinhoel (and he had a plausible self defense argument that was made moot when he was shoot in the arrest). On "the other side", you have Rittenhouse as well as multiple intentional vehicular assaults (with at least one leading to loss of life), as well as multiple gun brandishing. Pre 2020, "the other side" also gave us Dylan Roof, the El Paso shooter and others.

Certainly not saying the soy boys causing property damage aren't idiots. But, in the grand scheme of things, the political violence and the gun brandishing skews heavily to one side.
    Throwing water on someone is not the equivalent of shooting someone; never said it was. But screaming at someone who already knows you disagree with them or hitting them with a sign or setting a police car on fire doesn't change anyone's mind . Putting numbers in the street, calmly and peacefully does. Voting does, at least while we still have a free election. If people want to change things they need to think smart; venting their rage in the street accomplishes nothing. We've become a nation of Karens, on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRaven View Post
    Wow. I've never had to wait in a line to vote. With all of the mail in and early voting that will have already occurred by election day, are you expecting to have to wait in line to vote then? What's the need to vote early, other than avoiding crowds because you're concerned about covid exposure?
    I never waited either. Long Island seems to be a shit storm of early voters. Going to try again tonight and if that doesn't workout then Ill go on election day.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

You had a few typos I took the liberty of fixing.
    You'll be on the side of history that enabled vehicular homicides and Kyle "school shooter" Rittenhouse (and his buddy Dylan Roof), not to mention a whole lot of gun brandishing. I'll be on the side of history that enabled vegan douchebags who threw bricks through windows and stole stuff. I can live with that.

Also, your side cheered on Rittenhouse and did a big fundraiser for him. My side tried to confront the anarchist agitators who took over the BLM message. Here in Seattle, one of the BLM leaders just bitch slapped an anarchist. https://komonews.com/news/local/blac...n-neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Throwing water on someone is not the equivalent of shooting someone; never said it was. But screaming at someone who already knows you disagree with them or hitting them with a sign or setting a police car on fire doesn't change anyone's mind . Putting numbers in the street, calmly and peacefully does. Voting does, at least while we still have a free election. If people want to change things they need to think smart; venting their rage in the street accomplishes nothing. We've become a nation of Karens, on both sides.
    "Bad people on both sides" does imply that it's equivalent. I disagree with you that we're "a nation of Karens" (more false equivalency). I'd say we're a nation infected by Dylan Roofs, Kyle Rittenhouses, bad cops and their enablers. With people responding to that infection with varying degrees of effectiveness and with the anarchists showing some downright self-absorbed property destruction and stupidity.

You had a few typos I took the liberty of fixing.
    Did you miss the feds arresting and charging booger eaters bois with conspiracy for the arson and destruction of the police station in Minneapolis? I think a lot of the damage you pussies attribute to blm and antifa will be shown to be caused by far right agitators as time passes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you miss the feds arresting and charging booger eaters bois with conspiracy for the arson and destruction of the police station in Minneapolis? I think a lot of the damage you pussies attribute to blm and antifa will be shown to be caused by far right agitators as time passes.

Found another example for you. 100% guys in Hawaiian shirts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-stores.html

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

I’m sure there are lots of opportunistic people taking advantage during the protests. We’ve got evidence now that far right groups conspired to commit crimes during protests in the hope that they would be attributed to blm.

So some parasites take advantage of the BLM protests to steal and loot? How exactly does this cast a negative light on the BLM movement when these guys were not associated with BLM?

Also, Wikipedia describes the Daily Mail as a "mid-market British tabloid newspaper". At least you are getting your news from sources that are a step up from from "down-market British tabloid newspaper".

Throwing water on someone is not the equivalent of shooting someone;
    Depends on how dirty that water is...

"Bad people on both sides" does imply that it's equivalent. I disagree with you that we're "a nation of Karens" (more false equivalency). I'd say we're a nation infected by Dylan Roofs, Kyle Rittenhouses, bad cops and their enablers. With people responding to that infection with varying degrees of effectiveness and with the anarchists showing some downright self-absorbed property destruction and stupidity.
    I don't give a fuck if one side or the other has more guns or sets more fires or screams louder or shoots more people or beats more people with signs. It's not math. If the good guys keep acting like assholes the bad guys will win--because the bad guys want to keep things the way they are and the good guys want to change things and acting like an asshole does not change things. To take an example, walking up to a Boogaloo Boi and screaming in his face does not make the world a better place. Look how women got the vote, how Black people got the Civil Rights Act and the late lamented Voting Rights Act. They didn't do it behaving like a lot of so-called progressives are behaving now. Trouble is, too many on the left don't have the patience or attention span or the determination to do what actually needs to be done.
    So yeah, if you want to make the world a better place don't throw water or anything else on some fascist marching down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Depends on how dirty that water is...
    True--if it's the effluent some power plant or mine is discharging back into the river because Trump gutted the EPA then it could cause some serious damage.

I don't give a fuck if one side or the other has more guns or sets more fires or screams louder or shoots more people or beats more people with signs. It's not math. If the good guys keep acting like assholes the bad guys will win--because the bad guys want to keep things the way they are and the good guys want to change things and acting like an asshole does not change things. To take an example, walking up to a Boogaloo Boi and screaming in his face does not make the world a better place. Look how women got the vote, how Black people got the Civil Rights Act and the late lamented Voting Rights Act. They didn't do it behaving like a lot of so-called progressives are behaving now. Trouble is, too many on the left don't have the patience or attention span or the determination to do what actually needs to be done.
    So yeah, if you want to make the world a better place don't throw water or anything else on some fascist marching down the street.
    I definitely agree with you that every time there is looting or a Trump supporter yelled at, it's self-defeating. I don't think there as many people on the left doing that as the media portrays. BLM holds peaceful protests with thousands, sometimes tens of thousands. A few assholes anarchist skinny jeans come out and piggyback off the rallies and push their own destructive agenda and that is what gets the news coverage (Fox News has even gone the extra step and doctored up photos to make it look more violent). You reference the civil rights movement; well, there were some like the Weather Underground and Black Panthers that did violence, but the movement was still successful in the end. Hopefully the same occurs here.

So some parasites take advantage of the BLM protests to steal and loot? How exactly does this cast a negative light on the BLM movement when these guys were not associated with BLM?

Also, Wikipedia describes the Daily Mail as a "mid-market British tabloid newspaper". At least you are getting your news from sources that are a step up from from "down-market British tabloid newspaper".
    lots of parasites, lots of cities. Finding a handful of right wing instigators won't change the billions in damage.

Who's talking about BLM. BLM's concepts are important, their methodology and the assholes that commandeered it are abject failures.

lots of parasites, lots of cities. Finding a handful of right wing instigators won't change the billions in damage.

Who's talking about BLM. BLM's concepts are important, their methodology and the assholes that commandeered it are abject failures.

"Handful of right wing instigators" is a cute way to put it. Here's the thing: Trump's own Dept. of Homeland Security states that White Supremacist Extremists are the greatest domestic terror threat. The experts at DHS are not worried about some anarchist soy boys from Eugene in skinny jeans who are breaking windows, punching Trump supporters or throwing water on people. Here's the DHS report:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...assessment.pdf

Since you mostly read the Daily Mail, I will paraphrase for you: In 2019 White Supremacist Extremists accounted for 39 of the 48 fatalities from domestic terrorism. Also, 2019 was the deadliest year for domestic terrorism since 1995 (OKC bombing).

Any thoughts on Philly after night 2 of looting and beatings? As to the catalist that set it off. I don't know. When someone inside 20 feet charge's you with a knife they have a better than average chance of stabbing you before you shoot them.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    like a pissed off mama grizzly chargin you?
    bear spray would be my weapon of choice
    cause i really dont wants or need to kill it
    i just want it to reconsider its actions
    but i aint po po
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Any thoughts on Philly after night 2 of looting and beatings? As to the catalist that set it off. I don't know. When someone inside 20 feet charge's you with a knife they have a better than average chance of stabbing you before you shoot them.
    Guy was also awaiting trial for threatening to shoot up a womans home, and was convicted of holding a gun to a women's head in 2017. In 2003 he assaulted a cop. Lovely guy all around, who could imagine the police would shoot such an exemplary citizen for charging them with a weapon???

https://6abc.com/amp/philadelphia-va...olice/7396432/

[QUOTE=DeathRaven;6110628]Guy was also awaiting trial for threatening to shoot up a womans home, and was convicted of holding a gun to a women's head in 2017. In 2003 he assaulted a cop. Lovely guy all around, who could imagine the police would shoot such an exemplary citizen for charging them with a weapon???

Here are the details:

Court records show Wallace was currently awaiting trial for allegedly threatening to shoot a woman and her house up.

In 2017, he pled guilty to robbery, assault, and possessing an instrument of crime after kicking down the door of another woman and putting a gun to her head.

He was sentenced to 11-23 months behind bars.

In 2013, he pled guilty to assault and resisting arrest after punching a police officer in the face

He was arrested in March after he allegedly threatened his child's mother over the phone, saying "I'll shoot you and that house up."

In 2019, he was charged with resisting arrest by "kicking the windows and door panels of a police patrol car."

In 2016, during a robbery, he allegedly grabbed a woman by the neck and held what she believed to be a gun to her head, according to court records.

In 2013, Wallace's mother had a protective order against him which he allegedly violated when he "threw water in her face and punched her in the face" and "threatened to return and shoot" her, according to court records.

They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

“You could have pulled out your taser, you could have shot him in the leg”

oh ya, while he’s confronting officers with a knife. Taser misses, cop doesn’t get to go home.

good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    This is the first year we've had it and it's too late to apply. I really didn't think it would be a problem in my little county. At least with the record turnout for early voting election day itself might not be so bad because most people will already have voted and all of the regular polling places will be open rather than just one for the whole county.
    I requested my NY absentee ballot at the end of September. It got stuck in whatever administrative hell-hole they have running the distribution of those ballots. So the mail-in ballot was never delivered to me.

I ended up going to early vote in person the other day around 2 in the afternoon. The wait was about 15 minutes for me.

I've seen some lines in NYC are extending 3-4 hours, but I think that's because people are lining up first thing in the morning. The wait time seems to be decreasing a bit at those places through the day and also since the first opening days are past us.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    I requested my NY absentee ballot at the end of September. It got stuck in whatever administrative hell-hole they have running the distribution of those ballots. So the mail-in ballot was never delivered to me.

I ended up going to early vote in person the other day around 2 in the afternoon. The wait was about 15 minutes for me.

I've seen some lines in NYC are extending 3-4 hours, but I think that's because people are lining up first thing in the morning. The wait time seems to be decreasing a bit at those places through the day and also since the first opening days are past us.
    Queens stole my absentee ballot for the primary because they mis-transcribed my email from my paper application i mailed in January.

It took so many phone calls to get it sorted. Apparently for overseas (all?) voters any changes had to be looked at by a republican and dem, and there were lots of cracks to slip through.

Finally, someone kicked it over the line and I got my ballot back, but it took a lot of effort. This could certainly be streamlined in the future, if there was political will.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

I have one neighbor that did get their mail in ballots but two others didn't. I wasn't trusting the USPS to get it right so figured early would be good but it hasn't been. Even in a steady, cool rain today it was still hours long and only dropped at the very end of the day because they extended the hours till 8pm. I'll check the numbers tomorrow but it should be near 60% of registered voters will have voted by the end of the week so 11/3 should be quick and easy.

If people would have just filled out their census forms last time around we'd show over 100k and would have a second open polling place but since we came in at 98 we only got one.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Things are so pathetic I actually laughed at second part of this report which is pretty fucked up.

Following extensive looting, thirty injured cops and ninety or so arrests, eleven other people were shot, mostly after they looted stores and someone else robbed them.