Page 2 of 191 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Breezy with afternoon T-showers. 75 deg. maybe 25% RH.

Waxing my truck and drinking Beer.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Everything has been pretty damned chill here up until the actual protest stopped last night. The Chief of Police went with one cop into the middle of the protest and listened and spoke with them for a very long time. It went viral and was a nice exchange.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/you...demonstrations

Then the protest stopped and the out of town rioters took over. Let me be absolutely clear on that point. Every single news outlet, cop and protester said over and over again last night, these people are not from Atlanta. You could tell, they didn’t know where they were downtown. They had no direction and they were stirring shit up with those who were there to protest in the first place.

That’s when things got out of control. A cop car gets smashed and it’s open game on CNN HQ, Centenial Olympic Park, College Football Hall of Fame, bars, restaurants, all of it. The on the ground reporters interviews were carbon copy:

“Where are you from?”

A: Florida, South Fulton, Macon, North Carolina, Savannah...

not one person I saw said Atlanta.

“Why are you here protesting?”

A: fuck you and fuck the cops that’s why

The police gave them their space for hours too.

Killer Mike, Dr Berniece King (MLK’s daughter), TI and Mayor Bottoms got up to speak. Not one condoned the bullshit rioting going on and all gave excellent speeches that you should listen to.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/video/689452

Killer Mike:

Then Mayor Bottoms’ empassioned speech.

Then the police gradually moved the rioters out and that’s when it got weird. They got in MARTA (the train/subway) and went north into Buckhead where we live. Started seeing a big police presence around the high end shopping centers and restaurants but it was too late. There were small groups of about 15 people each and they would just smash and grab as they went. Like trying to play whack a mole.

Atlanta is a city in a forest so it’s easy to feel isolated from just about anything due to the canopy, even neighborhood to neighborhood, so when I started hearing nonstop sirens and counted 6 choppers in the sky while following the news feed on the laptop, I felt a lot more on edge and went out to the front porch to listen.

Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square about a mile and a half from our neighborhood were seeing the worst of it. Then small jewelry stores along Peachtree, getting closer to us. Then the small shopping plaza just below our neighborhood, walking distance. Not that I had any fear that they were going to come down our street mind you, just that it was surreal to watch this violent hurricane inch closer and closer to the place you feel most safe and the spots you go to every day.

I threw in the towel at 3am and went to bed. Made a coffee run early this morning and toured the damage. Just made me so fucking sad. All of it does. The horrible injustice makes me sad, the way people not from our city coopted a successful and productive protest for their own bullshit means to fuck up our city makes me sad, seeing the old man who owns ACE Hardware sweeping up glass windows (or what used to be) in one of the quietest neighborhoods in ATL makes me sad.

Atlanta has long had a saying, The City too Busy to Hate. I hope these jackoffs that came here to ruin what should have been a protest and remembrance fuck off and never come back. Like Killer Mike and Mayor Bottoms said, this is not Atlanta.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Shit Harry be careful. Looks sketch AF.
    Well, fuck, a mountain biker just got mauled by a grizzly close to there recently. I'd be worried about that shit. But Harry covers his ass on that one.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Breezy with afternoon T-showers. 75 deg. maybe 25% RH.

Waxing my truck and drinking Beer.
    #Winning. It’s hot as fuck here in the Q and the Uni protest just started with another possible DT tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    All's quiet on the SE WA front..unless you count thunder boomers

TRI-CITIES, Wash. -- The National Weather Service is warning residents in northeast Oregon and eastern Washington about impending severe storms forecast Saturday afternoon.
    230 strikes in King county this morning.

Thought my house waa was going to come off it's foundations during some of the bigger ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This and the virus does not bode well for cities. 70s all over again. Why I live in faraway burbs. Pleasent 30 mile road ride today.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    here in the hood we generally say "po po".
    That's fine. I call them poo poo I hate cops. My neighbor, former cop, is wrestling with some punk out front of our bedroom window at 2am. I guess his car alarm notified him the car was being broken into. As Ted has him on the ground in a head lock I hear him say "You don't know who your messin with punk". To this day we laugh about that one.
    My town is about 50% active or former military, those ass wipes masquerading as protestors don't ever want to come here and start smash and grabbing, as they will be shot, guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

BMills, good write-up thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This and the virus does not bode well for cities. 70s all over again. Why I live in faraway burbs. Pleasent 30 mile road ride today.
    I don’t know who is more insufferable about their geographic location. You in Greenwich or XXXer in some hut 1,000 miles outside civilization throwing feces to the south.

I love ya Benny but give it a rest for a moment.

FWIW, I played 9 in the city this afternoon with my son after getting up early to do an easy hike in the mountains so it’s not hellfire here either. (Fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    BMills, good write-up thanks.

Thanks man, I’m totally feeling it today, the weight of everything. This city just does not do what we saw last night. Not after Trayvon, or Ferguson or anything. People get mad as hell about it, as they should, but they don’t shit in their own beds. And that’s how it should be.

9pm curfew today, so I’m hopeful for a quiet night.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don’t know who is more insufferable about their geographic location. You in Greenwich or XXXer in some hut 1,000 miles outside civilization throwing feces to the south.

I love ya Benny but give it a rest for a moment.
    Hey, fuck, just saying, don't have no inked, orange hair gender neutral antifa coffee and edible addict breaking glass in my hood. Been there, watched that. Awesome weather today.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I was in L.A. during the Rodney King riots. This brings back bad memories.

Seattle just lit up. 5 p m curfew.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Sister just texted from Atlanta. (Smyrna)

General weirdness. Husband has the handgun out of the lock box just in case.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

My thoughts right now are that these protests are turning in to more of a generalized anger about cops killing blacks, COVID-19 lockdown, unemployment, and as well, violence being strategically targeted by bad actors.

There's def some weird shit going on in some of these cities with some 4chan fucktards out there breaking windows and starting fires just to stir shit up.

Happy ending, don't be turned off by the title.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyyt...ture=emb_title

Never thought that I would see a violent protest in SLC. Welcome to the Thunderdome.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

BMills, that's crazy. Stay safe.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Never thought that I would see a violent protest in SLC. Welcome to the Thunderdome.
    neither did the protest orginizers
    like you git to pick who protests in what manner
    the abc 4 live guys is crushing it
    "if I was a betting man"
    oh wait were in Utah"
    im goin down after dinner
    cant have em looting the downtown 9 store
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

8pm curfew in SLC, National Guard coming in. Relatively tame riot though. Mom just moved near the riot area, fun.

Bmills, my wife is from Buckhead, she is telling me similar things about how surreal it is to hear they all went there.

Be safe bmills.

Never understood the logic of opposing the dignified protest of Colin et al. taking a knee at NFL games. Does Mike Pence prefer to see riots?

I think that's out of his lane. Not his department.

Watching the news. In one part of the city peaceful protest. A couple of miles away is burning and anarchy. Guess who is getting all of the screen time?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

my daughter was at the protest in slc. watched them flip and burn a cop car.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200530-181327_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	330200
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    Under a curfew starting at 8pm tonight here in a Minneapolis suburb. I truly don’t have words to describe the last 4 days. The Feds and Local government are stating the majority of arson, looting, and violence are the result of white nationalists that have infiltrated the protesters. I’m personally locked and loaded in my home. I’m far enough out I should be fine but I dug the hunting gear out just in case. So far this years been pretty shitty.
    I saw this in FB just just now. Video of those white guys taking out the windows if the auto parts store was very ominous. All of them dressed in black. Look organized. Will be interesting to see where these investigations lead.

Also...good to have you back posting! Been a while.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=765158508

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How about a good perspective you might not have considered?

Cops are looting black bodies...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/daily-...g-black-bodies

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn if every suburb doesn't have their swat amored tank there
    shame all the money they spend on militarizing a "protect and serve" force
    that needs to spend our tax dollars train their employees in manners of human compassion
    instead
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit