2" Hitch on 2020 Outback Subaru?

Anybody have a 2020 Outback Subaru and have installed a hitch? If so, what did you install? Looking for suggestions on a hitch with 2" receiver that would be minimally or not at all disruptive to rear bumper as our current Outback is being leased.

Hitch will be for carrying bikes and no need for towing capabilities.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Haven't tried this one, but am a happy/multiple etrailer customer, and there are a couple customer pics of their install. For your purposes, it is no drill and gets good reviews:

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...ID=20205002191

They have another, even cheaper one, but that requires fascia trimming and an extra hour of install time. The only mod this one requires is a "slight" one to the heat shield.

FWIW, I don't understand their business model where they will ship this to you in a couple days for free -> hitches themselves must be super-cheap wholesale!

Good luck,
    Paul

Mine has the small receiver. My bike rack fits, and uses an adapter for the 2” receivers.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/search...20&o=relevance

Try some of these threads.
    Good luck

I've got a 2" on the wife's Outback. Installed it myself, bought it from Uhaul for pretty cheap.

Add airbags or you’ll low ride w the bikes on the back....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Add airbags or you’ll low ride w the bikes on the back....
    Never noticed it in my case. Two MTBs and no problem.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    had a 2" on the last subie it'd pull the driftboat fine
    just not up grades at high speed
    wife gits a new one for the latest and its a 1 1/4
    cause subie says the cant do 2"ers any more
    the loads we pull way less that the max but I sure feel safer with a 2''
    watched a guy blow out the ball or snap the tounge on i15 today almost jackknifed and lose his nice guad orv and sure laid down a spark trail but he manage to git out of the fishtail of fail but needs new undies and a trailer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I like the idea of 2" for bike racks because it will resist twisting much better.

Recently put something a friend got from etrailer on his 18 or 19 outback, I assume it's the same process? this one bolted between the bumper beam and chassis and I don't think required any trimming. Just had to leave the foam out from between the cover and beam for it to fit back on as the hitch mount plates moved the beam back a bit. Just check the directions before you get it and you'll see if you need to do any cutting or drilling or things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post

Recently put something a friend got from etrailer on his 18 or 19 outback, I assume it's the same process? this one bolted between the bumper beam and chassis and I don't think required any trimming. Just had to leave the foam out from between the cover and beam for it to fit back on as the hitch mount plates moved the beam back a bit. Just check the directions before you get it and you'll see if you need to do any cutting or drilling or things like that.
    etrailer has great customer service. If you reach out to them they'd probably be able to tell you if there is a hitch that doesn't require any cutting, or if not, what mods/cutting are involved.

I have the 2" Ecohitch hidden hitch on my 2017 Outback, plenty of clearance and really unobtrusive when you don't have a rack on. It's a little more than the Draw Tite though.

https://torkliftcentral.com/2020-subaru-outback

I just installed a 2" on my 2013 (not exactly same car but very similar). I got the kind that you move the rear bumper and it goes on those bolts. I had to trim a little bit of the bumper fascia underneath the car. I don't think you could see it with the hitch removed unless you crawled underneath the car. And you could save the piece you cut out and tape or drill/ziptie it back on.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Check with your local U-Haul. I just had a hitch mounted and they were quick easy, affordable and local.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

^^^^^just got a 2" hitch there saturday for my forester..$234 plus tax. Suby wanted $400 plus tax. Put a kuat transfer 2 carrier on, love it.

I had the local UHaul put on a 2" hitch on a 2016 Outback with no issues. Cheap and quick. Been rock solid for 4 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    etrailer has great customer service. If you reach out to them they'd probably be able to tell you if there is a hitch that doesn't require any cutting, or if not, what mods/cutting are involved.
    Seconded. etrailer stands by their products!

Thanks for all the info! Going to try to go with a UHaul install!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar