What random sports are you watching?

I am not a huge sports watcher, always preferred to be more of a sports participant over watching other people play.
    I do love most playoffs though.
    Love to watch some baseball, soccer, and rugby, especially World Series and World Cups.

Covid obviously killed any stuff I want to watch, and I am not one that can sit and watch reruns.

I randomly came across Cricket today. I am fascinated.
    Anyone know anything about this? I am trying to figure out the scoring. Hit the rope-4 points, over the rope- 6, catch- 1, run back and forth doing suicides- 1 point every time you complete a run? I am pretty lost, which makes it more fascinating. The passion of the fans is also fascinating.

Anyone else watching random stuff?

Fuck dude give up on the cricket, it's too complicated. I once watched a game for like 2 hours trying to figure it out, I made a fair amount of headway on it, all of a sudden they walk off the field and the announcers cheerily informed us that the match would continue the next day. I gave up.

Been watching old playoff hockey games mostly, a little old baseball, but overall I'm down like 90%+ on sports watching.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Fuck dude give up on the cricket, it's too complicated. I once watched a game for like 2 hours trying to figure it out, I made a fair amount of headway on it, all of a sudden they walk off the field and the announcers cheerily informed us that the match would continue the next day. I gave up.
    x2, my experience exactly.

as for sports, not much. youtube tuner i follow for motorsports (cleetus mcfarland), few disc tourneys of past, bit of golf lessens.
    Last edited by hawkgt; 05-28-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Anyone else watching random stuff?
    no, but watched dortmund vs. bayern tuesday which decided the bundesliga. first half was solid. beautiful chip from kimmach

Been watching old playoff hockey games mostly, a little old baseball, but overall I'm down like 90%+ on sports watching.
    Lots of cricket has changed to far, far faster games. Faster than baseball.

It's not all tea and crumpets anymore.

(Not particularly a cricket fan. Didn't really enjoy playingit either)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Back in undergrad a roommate brought home a considerably potent bag of devil’s lettuce and some truly foul weather set in for a few days. We stumbled upon the World Cup (?) of Cricket and all 5 of us picked teams. We sat there for 3 fucking days and still couldn’t figure out the mess.

We did learn that games lasted days or more so there’s that.

In other weird sports I’m watching I’ve put myself through a few truly painful reruns and one great one. But despite being an IMSA fan I’ve found myself casually watching the several NASCAR races these past two weeks. It’s not 911s vs Ferraris vs Audis vs Corvettes vs Lexuses vs Prototypes et al, but it’s been highly entertaining. There’s some serious racing and strategy going on that I don’t typically give this brand of racing credit for. And the tv production is second to none.
    I still call it The Jake.

Bo-Toashi.....

Upstate New York contributes,....the World Series of Bocce.

We’re better than cleveland.

http://www.toccolanaclub.com/index.php

Professional Tag

https://youtu.be/A3_Ieginod4

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Bo-Toashi.....

Perfect example- I would much rather be in that mosh pit. That looks like a blast, and no Doc Martens to the face either.

Upstate New York contributes,....the World Series of Bocce.

We’re better than cleveland.

http://www.toccolanaclub.com/index.php
    Fighting. Words.

Reigning bocce champs hanging on that poor guy's wall... from CLE.

sigless.

We've been watching soccer from around the world on bein sports over the air channel. In salt lake, 24-3. Great stuff.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Fighting. Words.

Reigning bocce champs hanging on that poor guy's wall... from CLE.

yep, fact are facts, they indeed came all the way from the bush leagues of cleveland to fight in Our House for the title..... Cause this is the "World Series of Bocce"!.!.!.!

they know where legends are made. and it ain't in cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    But despite being an IMSA fan I’ve found myself casually watching the several NASCAR races these past two weeks. It’s not 911s vs Ferraris vs Audis vs Corvettes vs Lexuses vs Prototypes et al, but it’s been highly entertaining. There’s some serious racing and strategy going on that I don’t typically give this brand of racing credit for. And the tv production is second to none.
    fuck nascar... and IMSA too.

ISMA 153 mph average lap speed on a 5/8th mile oval. 14.730 seconds per lap..... that's central new york right there.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The town I grew up in is dry - the only place to drink is the Italo-American club. They started running out of young Italians in town so they opened the membership up and a group of us joined. Hey, super cheap drinks, awesome bar food, and indoor and outdoor bocce courts. And lots of old Italian guys.

The outdoor bocce court at the "Italo" is spectacularly nice and is lit by highway lights - literally, overhead lights that you'd see at a highway off-ramp. It's like daylight out there on the court. We used to play there all the time. One time we were playing and a couple of the old genuine Italians were watching and I asked one of them where they got the lights. The one old guy looks at me, puts a finger to his lips and in a voice Brando must have modeled Don Corleone's voice on says softly, "We don't talk about that. You can't do stuff like that anymore."

..... that's central new york right there.
    I'm gonna say Oswego's Upstate.

I prefer playing and watching Pétanque. More booze, shorter court. The french are much more gender neutral and more entertaining to watch for their idiosycrasies.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'm gonna say Oswego's Upstate.
    Yeah I think that’s settled.

Rarely can get into watching "classic" sports on TV. Once in awhile, I will watch Wicked Tuna, or a pre-Y2K ski movie
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I caught the ricky fowler color-blind this is sportscenter night before last, first time sein it.

That was a highlight.
    "Can't you see..."

Ram sports
    watch out for snakes