Bike carrier for tailgate spare wheel?

Anyone?

Did a cursory (poor) search, didn't find any valid options..

So, searching for a door mounted (for a Defender 110 with swing away spare wheel carrier) for a 31-33" tyre set up.
    Thule 963PRO would have been an option but none available in Europe (apart with one with 300€ shipping).
    Most of the similar manufacturers have gone tits up or have stopped producing them.
    Found some ghetto rigs with PVA pipes and whatnot from the interwebs so if you have other pointers, I am all ears..

How are you guys dealing with the thing? Wranglers and and some Landcruiser users use them?
    Would need for 1, max 2 bikes but it would be good if it would be quite sturdy. In normal use I could get by with a hitch mounted setup,
    but the problem is that I have to ditch the hitch when going places as the hitch plate is a really low version and tends to drag ditches.

So, any pointers would be appreciated!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I have seen some that bolt to the spare tire carrier so the tire gets sandwiched between the rack and the truck

I made one to go on the spare wheel of a 1990 4-runer from a shitty strap-on trunk rack that I owned

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...-0401193p.html

I moved/adjusted those bars around so the shorter one looped around the top of the tire to take the bike load and the longer one went down the back of the spare tire, they were at right angles to each other

I secured a piece of 3/4 plywood with SS hose clamps to the longer bar which helped the rack to hold securely against the spare tire

I strapped it all to the wheel with a load binding cam strap

It worked really well & was very secure

I had all the stuff so it cost me nothing and those shitty bike racks should be east to come by
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Saris makes one that's a version of a hitch mounted carrier they make.

https://www.autoanything.com/bike-ra...IaAsVbEALw_wcB

I haven't used it, but I have seen their hitch mount one up close, and it's acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I see the Yakima ones occasionally. Quick google on ‘spare tire bike rack’ gave me this: https://www.yakima.com/ca/spareride

Thx guys, seems that none of the brands are available here or in Europe so I have to go via some kind of jerry rig or construct some contraption.
    Damn Thule and your sales policies!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.