Crank Bros wheels

Im looking at getting a set of the crankbrothers Synthesis E Alloy Wheelset to replace the e13 wheels that came on my bike that have a big dent in them. Anybody have any experience with crankbrothers wheels? Good, bad, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Just my two cents... but with all the other options out there, Crank Brothers is about the last brand of wheels I'd look at buying. Unless maybe you get 80% off retail?

my favourite internet blog post about mountainbiking ever - confession: back then I had more $ than brains and bought wheelsets just like they are describing

http://theteamrobot.blogspot.com/201...-robot_20.html

"As the expensive, flimsy, and needlessly complicated segment of the MTB wheel market heats up, Crankbrothers is excited to meet the demand head on with our new 2014 line-up. Of course real riders determined long ago that the only reasonable option for wheels was to build cheap rims onto a solid, rebuildable hub with J-bend spokes, but with the recent influx of doctors, bankers, and lawyers into the industry, we needed to offer a flashy fully color-anodized option for riders with lots of money, poor taste, and little to no common sense. With our 2014 wheels, I think we knocked this one out of the park. And come on, why wouldn't we release these wheels? We've had all the CAD drawings and tooling since Kirkaldie was still racing."

Crank Bros stuff is very blingy and being local to Socal their stuff was very popular here including many riders I know. Some people had great experience with their components. But overall I've never seen so many issues with virtually every single product as I have seen with CB. Can't say I know anyone who uses their stuff anymore. I certainly won't. But I hear their customer service is great, so there's that.

I have carbon synthesis wheels and really like them. Bunch of hard miles at this point. I also have their stamp pedals on my kids bike and mine and they work well.