Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rat Flu Vaccine. Who’s doing a shot?

Everything new always has flaws. And unintended consequences.

Would you volunteer for a trial? Me. Fuck no unless I’m dying already.

Would you volunteer for phase two? Maybe.
    But what are the long term effects?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...gh-dose-group/

Yeah it’s a Kennedy. And he’s anti some vax.
    So am I. Not every vax is sweet cherry pie rainbows.

And his dad and uncle were assasinated by the deep state.

But aside from that, this is an interesting but small sample study of healthy people.

mRNA vaccine is new. Does anyone know it’s safe?

Do any of the sheeple know the difference between killed virus and mRNA infiltration?
    . . .

Mike Wallace.

. . .

I was inoculated five weeks ago with the good ol' recombinant protein fragments against spike protein (RBD included) neutralizing epitopes. I posted that here, somewhere, I think. Received a boost last night. This is a tried 'n' true method that's been used against other viral infectious agents (RSV for one, and I seem to recall that someone initiates SARS phase I before that "epidemic" crapped out and funding evaporated). It's fuckin' safe and effective. Administer sub Q and use a good adjuvant to piss off the Langerhans Cells.

With respect to other vacinnes, all the companies lining up at the Federal trough for our money in order to move their vaccines forward are probably targeting the spike protein, which makes sense as the resultant antibodies will prevent cell entry by the virus. What differs between mRNA-based vaccines and the synthetic fragments is the delivery system. In the end, they'll both facilitate the generation of the same (or substantially similar) antibodies targeting the same shit. Nucleic acid-based delivery systems haven't been approved yet, however.

I think that it was Huckbucket who posted the link to that Scripps (Farzi? Farzan?)researcher who stated that the synthetic fragment route is likely the quickest and most efficient way to inoculate the World's population against Chairman Xi's Chinese Communist Party Bat Death Virus. I concur.

Edit- Targeting the spike protein directly in order to immunize is probably more efficient than a working mRNA vaccine, but I guess that an mRNA vaccine has the potential advantage of producing more, and persistent, antigen presentation, leading to a more robust antibody response. But this has been going on for, like, ten years with nothing approved.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Never had a flu shot in my life, not gonna start now

Viva - are you now gonna be exposed to the virus to test effectiveness? If so, how?
    Inject small amount of virus?
    Send you out to lick doorknobs in an ER somewhere?
    Hang out at a pool party in Missouri?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Viva - are you now gonna be exposed to the virus to test effectiveness? If so, how?
    Inject small amount of virus?
    Send you out to lick doorknobs in an ER somewhere?
    Hang out at a pool party in Missouri?
    Nope. This is Rules-Based-Science.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Nope. This is Rules-Based-Science.
    So, this isn't 'Nam?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Folks inoculated (vaccinated) before me via this approach developed broadly neutralizing sera against the CCP Bat-Shit Virus in a standard in vitro assay. If those generated antibodies neutralize in vitro, they’ll neutralize in vivo. And this exactly how naturally-produces antibodies, following infection or immunization, function. I’m all for new shit (in particular mRNA vaccines and biologics) coming to light, but during a fucking pandemic these approaches don't offer any short-term solution, apart from the participating companies reducing their burn rates.... People need relief / protection from this stupid shit. Antigen-based vaccines are better because only tiny amounts of target and TLR-7 agonist (nanogram amounts) are needed to initiate the production of natural antibodies. This approach is rapid and safe- there’s no intrinsic toxicity of these proteins and there are no issues in the host making antibodies to them. The only side effect is survival with no adverse effects.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Folks inoculated (vaccinated) before me via this approach developed broadly neutralizing sera against the CCP Bat-Shit Virus in a standard in vitro assay. If those generated antibodies neutralize in vitro, they’ll neutralize in vivo. And this exactly how naturally-produces antibodies, following infection or immunization, function. I’m all for new shit (in particular mRNA vaccines and biologics) coming to light, but during a fucking pandemic these approaches don't offer any short-term solution, apart from the participating companies reducing their burn rates.... People need relief / protection from this stupid shit. Antigen-based vaccines are better because only tiny amounts of target and TLR-7 agonist (nanogram amounts) are needed to initiate the production of natural antibodies. This approach is rapid and safe- there’s no intrinsic toxicity of these proteins and there are no issues in the host making antibodies to them. The only side effect is survival with no adverse effects.
    Heh.
    Sometimes I forget peeps like you are on the board. Biosmarter than me.

But I didn’t know you already volunteered for early trials. Damn. Good on ya mate. And wishing you good health and antibodies!
    . . .

No thanks.

Looks risky.
    You go first.

Viva, you make it sound like a sure thing. If it is, why aren't there vaccines for Hep C and HIV among others? Is it because those viruses don't have a convenient protein on the surface to attack? This stuff is way over my head.

Off the top of my head, I recall that both viruses have a lot of genetic variability (In the case of HIV, mutations are the often result of open reading frame errors). So we're talking about a situation in which an actual working vaccine may only be partially effective, even on a regional basis. There are also no animal models of either disease, making initial in vivo testing problematic. Also in the case of HIV, the little bastard attacks CD4 T-cells, compromising a key component of the immune response, and also can become latent in those cells (I belive it was these cells), escaping immune detection and emerging later. I also seem to recall that some known neutralizing epitopes on HIV are well-hidden within the three-dimensional structure such that antibodies directed against them are ineffective.

Chairman Xi's Wonder Virus has none of these advantages- block the spike protein, you neutralize the virus. From an evolutionary standpoint this virus is so highly contagious because it's so easily defeated. It would have gone extinct long ago if it couldn't infect like crazy.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Where can I get me a healthy dose of these good ol' recombinant protein fragments? -Me and everyone else putting on PAPRs
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Name:  43fbmb.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  50.2 KB

^I award you 3 internets!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The vast majority of vaccines are very safe, even if not very effect. Short of fucking up a modified live vaccine you're not going to get the disease. Most reactions are transient and mild. That said a very small percentage of vaccine recipients do have long term issues, but the chances are pretty slim, so participating in a vaccine trial is pretty safe. We are injected with foreign proteins on an almost daily basis (think mosquitoes, fleas, ticks,etc) and unless said vector is carrying a live pathogen we live through it just fine.

I would much rather be in a vaccine trial with two doses vs a drug trial that lasts for weeks or months and has a high chance of trashing my liver or kidneys, or giving a Johnson the size of John Holmes (drug side effects can be a bitch.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

https://1daysooner.org/

Human challenge trials deliberately expose participants to infection, in order to study diseases and test vaccines or treatments. They have been used for influenza, malaria, typhoid, dengue fever, and cholera. Researchers are exploring whether human challenge trials could speed up the development of a vaccine for COVID-19, saving thousands or even millions of lives.

evidence base for COVID-19 is developing rapidly, and risks have varied by location and access to medical care, so any estimates are unfortunately imprecise. In early March, the World Health Organization announced that 3.4% of confirmed cases resulted in death. Because many infections never lead to a confirmed case, this death rate is likely greater than the risk for the average person infected by COVID-19. On the Diamond Princess cruise ship—a controlled environment where testing was widely available—1.3% of people who tested positive died, which is similar to the 1.4% death rate calculated in a study of Chinese patients in the New England Journal of Medicine. A more recent paper in Lancet Infectious Diseases estimated that, in China, 0.66% of those infected by COVID-19 passed away.

Those numbers include people of all ages and health statuses. But volunteers would only be eligible for a challenge trial if they were relatively young and in good health. In the Lancet article’s estimate for China, the death rate was about 1 in 3,000 for patients aged between 20 and 29 and 1 in 1,200 for those between 30 and 39. By comparison, the death rate in the U.S. is about 1 in 6,500 for childbirth and 1 in 3,000 for kidney donation. Selecting only for healthy patients and ensuring immediate access to excellent medical care would likely reduce the risk significantly.

Even if the risk of death among volunteers is rare, COVID-19 often causes severe illness among patients of all ages. It is not yet known whether the virus causes permanent damage to lungs or other organs. However a study looking at COVID-19 cases in the United States showed that 20.8% of patients aged 20–44 had severe disease which required hospitalization. 4.2% of this age group developed critical disease, which required admission to an intensive care unit (ICU) and included complications like novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia (NCIP), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), and kidney failure. Other severe complications that have been reported include cardiac injury, septic shock, and multi-organ failure.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The vast majority of vaccines are very safe, even if not very effect. Short of fucking up a modified live vaccine you're not going to get the disease. Most reactions are transient and mild.

You mean like the seasonal flu vaccine?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-wor...estimates.html

Not all vaccines are created equal.

I was inoculated five weeks ago with the good ol' recombinant protein fragments against spike protein (RBD included) neutralizing epitopes. I posted that here, somewhere, I think. Received a boost last night. This is a tried 'n' true method that's been used against other viral infectious agents (RSV for one, and I seem to recall that someone initiates SARS phase I before that "epidemic" crapped out and funding evaporated). It's fuckin' safe and effective. Administer sub Q and use a good adjuvant to piss off the Langerhans Cells.

With respect to other vacinnes, all the companies lining up at the Federal trough for our money in order to move their vaccines forward are probably targeting the spike protein, which makes sense as the resultant antibodies will prevent cell entry by the virus. What differs between mRNA-based vaccines and the synthetic fragments is the delivery system. In the end, they'll both facilitate the generation of the same (or substantially similar) antibodies targeting the same shit. Nucleic acid-based delivery systems haven't been approved yet, however.

I think that it was Huckbucket who posted the link to that Scripps (Farzi? Farzan?)researcher who stated that the synthetic fragment route is likely the quickest and most efficient way to inoculate the World's population against Chairman Xi's Chinese Communist Party Bat Death Virus. I concur.

Edit- Targeting the spike protein directly in order to immunize is probably more efficient than a working mRNA vaccine, but I guess that an mRNA vaccine has the potential advantage of producing more, and persistent, antigen presentation, leading to a more robust antibody response. But this has been going on for, like, ten years with nothing approved.
    Unexpected side effect--since being inoculated Viva has been posting prolifically in the NSFW thread. How's that vaccine working out otherwise Viva?

I feel fine. Never suffered side effects. I'm actually posting little less in the NSFW thread. Now that I know that you visit there, I'll do a naughty nurse theme for you.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Name:  43fbmb.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  50.2 KB
    POTD

I feel fine. Never suffered side effects. I'm actually posting little less in the NSFW thread. Now that I know that you visit there, I'll do a naughty nurse theme for you.
    Where can we get a shot?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Where can we get a shot?
    Couple months back some guy on Vashon?/Brainbridge? was making one of the sars-2 antigens in his garage and offering up vaccine shots. He was shuttered pretty quick.

Going rate for recombinant Spike protein is between $ 3-4 million per gram. Somewhere 10-50 ug should be a decent human dose with the right adjuvant.

Elsewhere the Sinovac phase III trials with inactivated virus as vaccine are underway in Brazil.
    Move upside and let the man go through...