Feeler: 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower 1 CC, Large (the red one)

Edit 7/16/2020 - bike is sold. Thanks!
    ----------
    Looking to sell my Hightower, size large. I am the only owner - about 3500 miles on the frame. No cracks, chips, scratches, etc. I was a professional mechanic for years, and I have maintained it well.

What I'm looking to do is buy a new bike in the next few weeks, and swap most of the brand new parts over to the Hightower for sale.

Looking for input on pricing - especially if it is too high. Thanks mags.

Build:

Frame - 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower, Large, Sriracha/Red, in the lighter CC carbon layup, 135mm travel
    Fork - MRP Ribbon set at 145mm, 15 hours since last service (clean, lube, new dust wipers, new fluid in lowers)
    Headset - Cane Creek 110
    Shock - 2018 Fox Factory Float X2, 15 hours since full rebuild at Fox (including damper service)
    Suspension Linkage (new) - Upper and lower links and bearings from Santa Cruz
    Seatpost (new) - RockShox Reverb or Fox Transfer Performance
    Wheelset (new) - RaceFace ARC Offset 27 29" laced to DT Swiss 350 or WTB KOM Light 27 29" laced to DT 370
    Crankset (new) - SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 32t, 175mm or SRAM Descendant Carbon 34t, 175mm
    BB (new) - SRAM DUB
    Rear derailleur, Shifter, Chain, Casssette (new) - SRAM XO1 Eagle or SRAM XX1 Eagle
    Brakes (new) - SRAM G2 RSC w/ SRAM Centerline Rotors
    Tires (new) - Maxxis Minion DHR2/DHF 3C 2.3 EXO or Maxxis Rekon 2.25 3C EXO (tubeless or tubes, your choice)
    Stem (new) - RaceFace Aeffect R 35, 50mm or RaceFace Turbine R 35, 50mm
    Bars (new) - Santa Cruz AM Carbon 35x760 or RaceFace NEXT Carbon 35x760
    Grips (new) - Either one manufacturer or the other. Lock-on.
    Seat (new) - WTB Silverado Team or WTB SL8 Pro

A new 2020 Hightower 2 in the XO1 trim goes for about $7k.

Since this is a Hightower 1, and is a used frame, fork, and shock on all brand new gear -

I was thinking $3300 shipped (minus $200 for local pickup)?
    Last edited by donetlynx; 07-16-2020 at 10:10 PM. Reason: SOLD

Great bike...pushed the envelope when it came out, the geometry is a little 'outdated' (whatever the heck that means), but it is a Santa Cruz and there's plenty of cult following for that brand. I took a quick look on PB and you're priced on the lower side. If you aren't in a hurry, you could probably hold around that price until you get what you need for it.

It's difficult to find new bikes anywhere right now (at least on the left coast) so I'm assuming the 2nd hand bike market continue to pick up a bit.

Congrats on the new ride! What are you going to get??
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

Thanks - I appreciate the input. Would let it go for less to a Mag.

Looking at either a Talldude or the new Hei Hei. Would bump the fork to 140 on either. They're totally different riding bikes, though, so having trouble deciding. Leaning towards the Hei Hei - hoping it keeps me from pushing the envelope too far as I get older (ha, yeah right).

Couple things...I'm biased, but check out the Ripley (I ride a Ripmo) or even a Fezzari La Sal Peak. Yes, they're big bikes, and not apples to apples with the hei hei, but man...they climb SOO well, and descending is a breeze! So much safer as it accounts for my mistakes.

Also, found this guy on PB looking for a Hightower frameset- https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2791370/
    "I just got back from the Psych ward...OBVIOUSLY i am sane!"

Used bike market appears sizzlin. Sold a similarly priced, but less well spec'd bike last night. I did throw on a new wheelset/tires which helped the sale. There was quite a bit of interested parties out there sniffing

No scratches after 3500 miles? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Used bike market appears sizzlin. Sold a similarly priced, but less well spec'd bike last night. I did throw on a new wheelset/tires which helped the sale. There was quite a bit of interested parties out there sniffing
    Nice. Did you sell and advertise is locally?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    No scratches after 3500 miles? Damn
    Ha - in my head, when I wrote that, I was thinking about scratches on the stanchions and major frame scratches. The frame has a few little scuffs on the drive side by the rear derailleur hanger, some slight cable rub in the clear coat in a couple places, and there is some minor paint chipping in the chainsuck area. Good catch - thanks!