Long shot - WTB large Ritchey P-29er frame (or similar)

Well fuck. I recently broke my crank arm on my singlespeed and when I was inspecting the bike afterwards I noticed a huge crack in the head tube/down tube junction. Frame was old so she’s RIP now.

I’d like to keep a singlespeed so I’m looking for a nice large steel 29er frame that I can swap the parts to. Needs to have a 1-1/8 steerer tube and be singlespeed compatible.

Something with nice tubing like a Ritchey P-29er seems to fit the bill but hard to find.

If I can’t find a frame then maybe I’ll cut the loss and sell the parts (Chinese carbon rims on chris king hubs, Thomson and Chris King bling...).

Let me know if you’re holding (or if you need singlespeed parts!).

Cheers,

Coach
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3519.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	329323

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

buy a chinerelli frame, with a press fit BB, and use a eccentric BB on 24mm cranks? as long as you have the same seat post size/wheel spacing/fork size, you SHOULD be ok?

Thanks mntlion, I guess that might work but to be honest, for my singlespeed, I’d really like it to be a steel 29er frame. Guess I’ll be patient and see what’s out there.

Cheers

I'd be interested in the wheels if you part it out.

Ritchey still makes the P-29er - but not with sliding dropouts. You want a SS-specific frame?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yes, I’d like a SS specific frame so I can swap out most of my parts with minimal finding of new shit.
    The new P-29 doesn’t have the sliding dropouts and has a tapered steerer and boost rear end. If I go that route I’m in for a new frame, fork rear wheel and drivetrain. That’s not in the cards right now.

Ideally I can find a nice steel SS frame with a 1-1/8 steerer. The Older P-29 fits that bill. May e a few others out there too. Still looking...