Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Once you break the mold for what they were intended for you are on the road towards dependence.

“Occasionally” when stressed will become a tiny bit more frequent over time, “stressed” definition will adjust over time to a bad day at work or an argument with your wife.

Before you know it you are taking it a couple times a week. Then all of a sudden you realize you have a hard time falling asleep without it and taking it when you need a good nights sleep.

Then BOOM!!! You’re sucking cock behind the Walmart for your next pill.

Watch out man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Word.
    Other than the sucking cock part that has been my experience with pills. Xanax especially.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Other than the sucking cock part that has been my experience with pills. Xanax especially.

I started to type a funny reply to your earlier post but then stopped because the wal-mart part sounded way too specific...didn’t want to be an asshole making fun of someone’s low point in life

https://youtu.be/Q5ybPnY1Ehc

No, I can't say that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Amen brother. I put about that much time I’m with those too and they just took 3 more years of my life just to recover from them after stopping. My nervous systems was pretty much fucked until recently. 3 years of heavy withdrawal symptoms. Turns out all my anxiety and depression stemmed from a physical issue that I could have probably fixed 20+ years ago. If I would have just made the decision to go nuts on physical therapy instead of meds I probably would have had a very different 20 years. Everyone is different but my anxiety depression was related 100% to my body not working properly due to some old hockey and skiing injuries that snowballed into the whole poor posture>more knee and back injuries>more meds>worse posture>downward cycle.

3 years huh? It’s certainly a process and it’s not been fun at all. I’m 9 months weening off Zanax and Klonopin. Started on a low dose of Zanax. Ended in 4mg/day on Klonopin. Been clean now for 2 months.

I’ve done some shit in my day and this withdrawal has been the most difficult to get off of. The physical dependence is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. The body will just shut down, the anxiety level hits higher than ever and I felt like I was dying several times.

I’ll echo AK, don’t ever go to a daily dose. If you find yourself there, get on a plan for a different mechanism for coping. It will save you a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering.

And yes, weed helped me tremendously to get off the benzos. Don’t think I could have gotten off them without a bridge. I’m now able to smoke less than I have in years past.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, I’ve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?
    I started on that dose.
    It’s generally ok to use once in a while when needed to achieve an immediate calm, per a knowledgeable doctor, not a GP.
    I’d advise against moving up to a daily dose though.
    2 decades is a long time to be suppressed hence my warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I started on that dose.
    It’s generally ok to use once in a while when needed to achieve an immediate calm, per a knowledgeable doctor, not a GP.
    Thank you...definitely won’t come close to that.

What’s lorazepam like? Addictive?

I’ve been sneaking some dealing with my moms latest health scare.

And for the record, I have an addictive personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    What’s lorazepam like? Addictive?

I’ve been sneaking some dealing with my moms latest health scare.

And for the record, I have an addictive personality.

Probably not going to help her much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Look up what drug class it is in. It’s a benzo. It’s addictive. Read the warnings from others on here (above). Choose your medications wisely.
    Last edited by bennymac; 05-26-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Probably not going to help her much.
    Lol

As my old pharmacology prof used to say, benzodiazepines are alcohol in pill form.

Re sleepers--I've tried melatonin, which doesn't seem to help, although my wife swears by it even though it doesn't actually help her sleep either.

I've used benadryl to get to sleep the first night of W to E jet lag. Might have helped but since then I don't get jet lag W to E anymore so maybe coincidence.

When the mind is racing, or I wake up at 2 after having alcohol in the evening, C indica or 1:1 THC/CBD vape works like a charm. Helps with anxiety as well--I could never sleep the night or two before a trip worrying about everything that could go wrong with my flights. (Not crashing, all the other stuff.) It doesn't take much, I don't get high or even feel sleepy. I just fall asleep. I haven't tried other strains or combos so maybe a different variety might work better.

And now I have to have a sinus surgery and low and behold, Versed. A benzo they give you to settle down before general anesthesia. Didn't remember that but luckily my parents did. That would have sucked to get a dose and then have to fight it again.

This shit sucks. Hardest thing I have ever gone through.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Happy Pills Yay, or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I started on that dose.
    So my anxiety has ramped up in the last couple of weeks with so much shit going on: keeping my business going, kid in full time school and hoping we don’t get sick, cases here skyrocketing, and the uncertainty of so much fucking bullshit. Like before. I’ve had to take .25mg of Xanax a couple of times to just get myself back to center, but I don’t want to go down that path. Exercise hasn’t been helping much, but it helps some. Are there any CBD products (gummies?) or other products that you all recommend that’s something like Xanax, that just calms the nerves fast, but isn’t so strong that you’re still present, not stoned and able to work or whatever?

So my anxiety has ramped up in the last couple of weeks with so much shit going on: keeping my business going, kid in full time school and hoping we don’t get sick, cases here skyrocketing, and the uncertainty of so much fucking bullshit. Like before. I’ve had to take .25mg of Xanax a couple of times to just get myself back to center, but I don’t want to go down that path. Exercise hasn’t been helping much, but it helps some. Are there any CBD products (gummies?) or other products that you all recommend that’s something like Xanax, that just calms the nerves fast, but isn’t so strong that you’re still present, not stoned and able to work or whatever?
    lexapro has worked for me...might be worth a shot. Takes a little time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    lexapro has worked for me...might be worth a shot. Takes a little time though.
    Is it addictive?

Is it addictive?
    It takes time for these anti-depressants to kick in. Sometimes months before the effects are fully realized. Everyone's body chemistry is different, so what works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for you. Different dosages to achieve results. You might need twice the dose of someone else, or half the dose. Or one anti-depressant might make the symptoms worse.

And as far as addiction thing goes, when you feel like getting off of it, you will need to taper off. Might take several months to get to zero dose. Then you most likely will have residual issues that take months longer to get over.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I micro dosed magic mushrooms for about a month.... it was remarkable how it moderated my mood.
    However, I found I became far too social, personally engaged and happy at work, so I had to stop.
    lol

For me 1:1 THC:CBD by vape pen really helps with anxiety. I take just 2-3 short puffs if I'm having trouble sleeping. I don't usually use during the day and I haven't tried straight CBD. It doesn't make me sleepy, it just lets me fall asleep.

The nice thing about vaping is it's easy to adjust the dose. With edibles it takes a while, it's tempting to take more too soon, and if you overdo it you just have to wait it out. If you don't take enough you spend more time waiting for the second dose to kick in. For people who use edibles a lot they work great but if you're just starting out stick with vaping or smoke.
    Last edited by old goat; 10-29-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    For me 1:1 THC:CBD by vape pen really helps with anxiety. I take just 2-3 short puffs if I'm having trouble sleeping. I don't usually use during the day and I haven't tried straight CBD. It doesn't make me sleepy, it just lets me fall asleep.
    Have you tried melatonin?

Works for me

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Where are you? Craft Elixers in Seattle makes a nice CBD/THC gummie in 3 different ratios. They are called Pioneer Squares.

For tinctures try Fairwinds ratio blends. From 20:1 to 1:1

Both are Washington only products.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I personally don't believe adding shit to your system is the answer. Usually, it's removing it.

For me, at least.

Happy Pills Yay, or Nay?

I had to deal with a sick mother earlier this summer and I took a benzo for a month. Coming off it was hell.

That’s my problem with all this stuff. Real easy to get on it, but you can’t just quit. I took Zoloft for two yrs after my divorce and it was a 6 month battle coming off it. Withdrawal effects can do permanent damage.

I’ve tried busporine the last few months and I have to say it defiantly chilled me out. It’s not an SSRI, have felt no side effects. I still only take 1/2 the dose recommended by most.

I do second the opinion that the root problem requires a lifestyle change. If you can make one.

I grew up depressed. An anxious. But skiing. A lot. I’m gonna be 34 next week. Im young by some people standards and probably don’t know shit according to some but you can take this or leave it.

I lived the ski academy life. Raced until my toes bled. My PG year I exploded my knee in a DH on kangaroo. Immediately the answer was fix it and pain management. Pain management lead to a fairly dark spot. Fast forward to college four years later and an accident at a party that left two of my best friends dead the night before we graduated together. Two years later another best friend that I was born next to was shot and killed by another person we all were friends with. All of this was still while using opiates. Different kinds of pain all have to be managed.

After the death of my other best friend I turned to big pharmas big brother, other wise known as heroin. I spent two years jamming drugs in my arm to just get out of bed.

I’m now seven years clean and 9 years from my last stint in rehab. I relapsed after rehab and my current other half I give all of the credit to for catching me and making me come back to reality.

Two years ago I would say was when I really got it though. And quitting drinking was really the part that was missing and brought everything together. I smoke pot daily. And I occasionally microdose mushrooms or maybe a touch more then a microdose. But my rule of thumb is that if I can’t grow the drug it doesn’t get ingested.

I tried paxil and some other anti depressants and anti anxiety meds but I found them not to work or work to well and I still want to feel and be human.

The things that I can say 100% work for me are:

1. Get a dr you can actually trust. I use a dr that is a MD and also a naturopath. He is the man. If you are in southern VT or in the northeast in general I highly recommend him

2. Get a counselor. Doesn’t have to be a shrink or psychologist, but some one you can talk to that will shoot straight with you. Not tell you everything you do is right.

3. Be honest. With yourself. And the person or people you love the most. Because they do care. I’m not saying be a bitch and go cry to everyone. But tell them what’s going on. They don’t have to understand and probably won’t.

4. GO FUCKING SKIING!! Get your endorphins going. Quit sitting in a puddle of shit and get moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk