Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Once you break the mold for what they were intended for you are on the road towards dependence.

ďOccasionallyĒ when stressed will become a tiny bit more frequent over time, ďstressedĒ definition will adjust over time to a bad day at work or an argument with your wife.

Before you know it you are taking it a couple times a week. Then all of a sudden you realize you have a hard time falling asleep without it and taking it when you need a good nights sleep.

Then BOOM!!! Youíre sucking cock behind the Walmart for your next pill.

Watch out man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Word.
    Other than the sucking cock part that has been my experience with pills. Xanax especially.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Other than the sucking cock part that has been my experience with pills. Xanax especially.

I started to type a funny reply to your earlier post but then stopped because the wal-mart part sounded way too specific...didnít want to be an asshole making fun of someoneís low point in life

https://youtu.be/Q5ybPnY1Ehc

No, I can't say that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Amen brother. I put about that much time Iím with those too and they just took 3 more years of my life just to recover from them after stopping. My nervous systems was pretty much fucked until recently. 3 years of heavy withdrawal symptoms. Turns out all my anxiety and depression stemmed from a physical issue that I could have probably fixed 20+ years ago. If I would have just made the decision to go nuts on physical therapy instead of meds I probably would have had a very different 20 years. Everyone is different but my anxiety depression was related 100% to my body not working properly due to some old hockey and skiing injuries that snowballed into the whole poor posture>more knee and back injuries>more meds>worse posture>downward cycle.

3 years huh? Itís certainly a process and itís not been fun at all. Iím 9 months weening off Zanax and Klonopin. Started on a low dose of Zanax. Ended in 4mg/day on Klonopin. Been clean now for 2 months.

Iíve done some shit in my day and this withdrawal has been the most difficult to get off of. The physical dependence is like nothing Iíve ever experienced. The body will just shut down, the anxiety level hits higher than ever and I felt like I was dying several times.

Iíll echo AK, donít ever go to a daily dose. If you find yourself there, get on a plan for a different mechanism for coping. It will save you a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering.

And yes, weed helped me tremendously to get off the benzos. Donít think I could have gotten off them without a bridge. Iím now able to smoke less than I have in years past.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, Iíve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?
    I started on that dose.
    Itís generally ok to use once in a while when needed to achieve an immediate calm, per a knowledgeable doctor, not a GP.
    Iíd advise against moving up to a daily dose though.
    2 decades is a long time to be suppressed hence my warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I started on that dose.
    Itís generally ok to use once in a while when needed to achieve an immediate calm, per a knowledgeable doctor, not a GP.
    Iíd advise against moving up to a daily dose though.
    2 decades is a long time to be suppressed hence my warning.
    Thank you...definitely wonít come close to that.

Whatís lorazepam like? Addictive?

Iíve been sneaking some dealing with my moms latest health scare.

And for the record, I have an addictive personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Whatís lorazepam like? Addictive?

Iíve been sneaking some dealing with my moms latest health scare.

And for the record, I have an addictive personality.

Probably not going to help her much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Look up what drug class it is in. Itís a benzo. Itís addictive. Read the warnings from others on here (above). Choose your medications wisely.
    Last edited by bennymac; 05-26-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Probably not going to help her much.
    Lol

As my old pharmacology prof used to say, benzodiazepines are alcohol in pill form.

Re sleepers--I've tried melatonin, which doesn't seem to help, although my wife swears by it even though it doesn't actually help her sleep either.

I've used benadryl to get to sleep the first night of W to E jet lag. Might have helped but since then I don't get jet lag W to E anymore so maybe coincidence.

When the mind is racing, or I wake up at 2 after having alcohol in the evening, C indica or 1:1 THC/CBD vape works like a charm. Helps with anxiety as well--I could never sleep the night or two before a trip worrying about everything that could go wrong with my flights. (Not crashing, all the other stuff.) It doesn't take much, I don't get high or even feel sleepy. I just fall asleep. I haven't tried other strains or combos so maybe a different variety might work better.