Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 114
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,550
    90% of your mental health is 100% mental.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,705
    I don't know shit, but when I take care of the macro and the micro, my brain seems to work alright when life gets complicated. When my place in my community and family is strong and secure, and when the little critters in my gut are happy, my mind is able to work all kinds of crazy shit out. When either the micro or macro is not right, the load on the brain bears heavy.

    Never been prescribed or played with pills. Anyone I know on the big pharma seemed a shade of who they really were, mechanical. Dunno what it is like on the inside, but the outside freeked me out. Been too long since a good shroom trip though.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,930
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I started taking zoloft in 1997 when my 9YO's cancer returned. Needed something to keep me functioning for the family while we all dealt with her dying..
    Damn TBS.
    That sucks. No parent should have to deal with that. So sorry. Big virtual socially distant hugs
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,011
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    MDMA, had a good connection for some really clean powder. An 8ball lasted about three months, depending how much I shared or gave away. Never felt like doing it all the time, but it would sure kicked the blues away once in awhile, and makes sex even better.
    That must have have been nice while it lasted.

    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Working on growing my own shrooms so I can have that kind of occasional outlet, and don't have to deal with oddball connections.
    Subscribed.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,160

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    MDMA, had a good connection for some really clean powder. An 8ball lasted about three months, depending how much I shared or gave away. Never felt like doing it all the time, but it would sure kicked the blues away once in awhile, and makes sex even better.

    Working on growing my own shrooms so I can have that kind of occasional outlet, and don't have to deal with oddball connections.
    If you need any assistance, let me know. I've coached many through the process.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,358
    I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, Iíve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, I’ve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?
    likely a combination of the dose, how often you take it, and your own individual propensity for addiction

    ie: it's complicated - more complicated than just the dose - hard to make generalizations

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    likely a combination of the dose, how often you take it, and your own individual propensity for addiction

    ie: it's complicated - more complicated than just the dose - hard to make generalizations
    Itís been 2xs a week a few weeks and only once a week other weeks. Donít have an addictive personality at all but donít want to go down the wrong path. Maybe Iíll try Headspace or something on nights where I canít sleep.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    3,108
    Some of the major "do not mix" items with SSRIs are Alcohol, THC and NSAIDs.
    The percentage of patients who don't combine some, or all of these, is probably very low.
    That shouldn't be ignored when talking about pros/cons.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Itís been 2xs a week a few weeks and only once a week other weeks. Donít have an addictive personality at all but donít want to go down the wrong path. Maybe Iíll try Headspace or something on nights where I canít sleep.
    Aerobic exercise during the day + meditation / headspace = better option always (despite you sounding like youíre a very low risk of issues with addiction). Add in some melatonin in the early evening if necessary. Limit screen time in the hour leading up to bed. Make sure you canít see a clock from your bed.

    To be clear I follow little of the above advice!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Aerobic exercise during the day + meditation / headspace = better option always (despite you sounding like youíre a very low risk of issues with addiction). Add in some melatonin in the early evening if necessary. Limit screen time in the hour leading up to bed. Make sure you canít see a clock from your bed.

    To be clear I follow little of the above advice!
    Yep, I follow the exercise part but not the mediation part or screen time part. Need to fix that.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,497
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    If you need any assistance, let me know. I've coached many through the process.
    I was thinking golden teacher, and suggestions?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    9,509
    Fun facts - SSRIs came about due to research with LSD & psilocybin on brain neurochemistry in the 1950s
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    I was thinking golden teacher, and suggestions?
    Nothing wrong with that choice. I always found B+ easiest to grow, but my preference is Lipa Yai hands down. I would not focus on strain as much as technique. Most foolproof is a bag pre-sterilized with an injection port and a syringe over a print.

    Also, I'm not sure where you live or what kind of building you are in, but start thinking now about what you will do with the casings once they are taken over by mold. I was on a larger model, but it looks funny when you're carrying out fifty trays of moldy substrate.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,160
    I actually paid for mushroom compost yesterday. I felt wrong.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,896
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I actually paid for mushroom compost yesterday. I felt wrong.
    I started digging out and screening from my main vegetable waste composter yesterday. It felt right. And it was some bad shit, man. Gonna kick some ass!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Salida, CO
    Posts
    1,193
    Don't they decrease a womans libido?

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,930
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Don't they decrease a womans libido?
    Yes. When a man is tripping on shrooms, most women don’t want to shag them.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,896
    Wookie.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    8,750'
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Don't they decrease a womans libido?
    I don't really remember wanting to get it on when I did shrooms. I'm super sensitive to them and didn't take much to really blaze hard.

    Pills are weird for me but I'm glad they help some people. A teeny tiny amount of xanex knocks me out but I'm a total bitch the next day. If I take it more than a few nights in a row, I literally start feeling worthless and suicidal (totally not me even when depressed).

    They gave me trazadone to help with sleep, nope keeps me awake and feeling weird.

    It's been a roller coaster couple of months, a huge strain on our mental well being. My dog and some exercise are majorly helpful.

    Hang in there people.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,497
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that choice. I always found B+ easiest to grow, but my preference is Lipa Yai hands down. I would not focus on strain as much as technique. Most foolproof is a bag pre-sterilized with an injection port and a syringe over a print.

    Also, I'm not sure where you live or what kind of building you are in, but start thinking now about what you will do with the casings once they are taken over by mold. I was on a larger model, but it looks funny when you're carrying out fifty trays of moldy substrate.
    Sterile bags the berry stuff with ports are on the way, ordering the strains you mentioned, syringes. I have plenty of space and no neighbors. Probably go with a fruiting tent and semi automate it.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Depression meds are one thing.
    Just don't, I repeat DON'T start benzodiazepines!
    Lost 20+ years of my life having my central nervous system drugged way more than anyone should ever have to deal with. It was a hard ride to get off these drugs.
    Amen brother. I put about that much time Iím with those too and they just took 3 more years of my life just to recover from them after stopping. My nervous systems was pretty much fucked until recently. 3 years of heavy withdrawal symptoms. Turns out all my anxiety and depression stemmed from a physical issue that I could have probably fixed 20+ years ago. If I would have just made the decision to go nuts on physical therapy instead of meds I probably would have had a very different 20 years. Everyone is different but my anxiety depression was related 100% to my body not working properly due to some old hockey and skiing injuries that snowballed into the whole poor posture>more knee and back injuries>more meds>worse posture>downward cycle.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, I’ve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?
    Probably not unless you start taking them every day. Then your fucked.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,104
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I use a minor dosage of Xanax for flying since I get all freaked with bad turbulence. However, during this pandemic, Iíve had to take .25mg occasionally late at night to get my mind to STFU and get to sleep. Am I risking getting hooked on it at that dosage?
    Once you break the mold for what they were intended for you are on the road towards dependence.

    ďOccasionallyĒ when stressed will become a tiny bit more frequent over time, ďstressedĒ definition will adjust over time to a bad day at work or an argument with your wife.

    Before you know it you are taking it a couple times a week. Then all of a sudden you realize you have a hard time falling asleep without it and taking it when you need a good nights sleep.



    Then BOOM!!! Youíre sucking cock behind the Walmart for your next pill.


    Watch out man.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •