Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Skied the 130 LV for the first time yesterday. Overall I'm very pleased with them. The need for shims has surprised me though. May try some of my thicker footbeds first and if that doesn't work I'll break out the shims.

I'm curious if anyone has changed the forward lean on this boot? I skied them without the little bumpers behind the calf, so maybe that will help with the issue. Otherwise I may look for some methods to push the cuff into a 13-14 degree lean - would appreciate any insight here if someone has it.

Overall, I like this boot more than the Cochise 130, and the Lange XT3 140s. They fit my ankle a lot better than either one of those boots. Unless I need to be in touring pins, I'll probably throw some gripwalk soles on these too so I can bootpack in-bounds as well.

I've been on the MV Concept all season so far and to me I don't feel any real difference from the old MV 130. Maybe a touch lighter? Some descriptions say its a 140 stiffness, others still say 130. Stiffness feels the same to me but I'm also 210lbs on light days. After being on orange Tecnicas for decades, its still odd to see black boots on my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I've been on the MV Concept all season so far and to me I don't feel any real difference from the old MV 130. Maybe a touch lighter? Some descriptions say its a 140 stiffness, others still say 130. Stiffness feels the same to me but I'm also 210lbs on light days. After being on orange Tecnicas for decades, its still odd to see black boots on my feet.
    Which color do you think is faster?
    Training for Alpental

Orange is always faster...

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Cochise fit is different than Mach1 LV or MV... it’s soft of a combo of both

LV heal/ankle/instep

MV forefoot
    How do the cuffs compare between the cochise and the mach1 lv in regards to calf/ lower leg volume?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have previous gen 130 LV. The plugs are for the spine screw holes. I take the screws in and out--out in the winter, in in the spring. The plugs are lost, gorilla tape works. I can't remember how many Bontex shims I have in them, more than one for sure. I prefer the spoilers out unless it's groomer conditions. They're the only boots I've ever had where the top buckle is not in the tightest possible condition. Hard to imagine someone has skinnier calves than I do. I replace the power strap with a Booster Strap. Love the boots. They're anatomic enough for me.
    Can you give some comments about how much the flex changes when you remove 1 or both of the screws?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Picked up some used 2023 120 LV shells, which model Intuition or Zipfit is the best choice?
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-20-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Depends on your feet.
    If you have a widish forefoot the Race series Intuitions have plenty of room for the forefoot. They are good for skinny calves. That's what I'm using.
    On the OTOH I used an old pair of Powerwraps--from another low volume boot--without remolding them and they worked about as well.

I have some 24.5s newish & new liners that need a home!! Open to offers.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I have some 24.5s newish & new liners that need a home!! Open to offers.
    What year? LV or MV? What flex?

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    What year? LV or MV? What flex?
    2022? LV 130

cheap

ZF site suggests Gara LV for Mach1 LV shell, anyone running that combo?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ZF site suggests Gara LV for Mach1 LV shell, anyone running that combo?
    I buy that, my gara world cups barely fit into my 2018 lv shell. the new model shells have a bit more anatomic fit with more longitudinal room in the throat IME, so while my gara WC spread the lower scaffo in the old design, they fit fine in the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Picked up some used 2023 120 LV shells, which model Intuition or Zipfit is the best choice?
    FWIW I could not get a standard power wrap to work with an MV. There was just too much material on the cuff. I don't think the stock liner is bad by any means. I am debating moving in to a zip fit next year because after 3 seasons in this boot and liner I don't see an intuition as an upgrade or credible replacement for the stock liner.
    Training for Alpental

Does removing the top bolt of the T drive thing soften the forward flex at all?

I just got a pair of 130 LVs and I'm having a hard time adjusting to them. I've been skiing full time in my Zero Gs since they came out in 2019, but now my kids are old enough that they're skiing the resort kind of hard so I wanted an actual resort boot for the first time in many years. For some reason I feel like I'm totally stuck back on my heels and can't get forward. I'm not sure if it's because they're too stiff (yes, they're definitely stiffer than the Zero Gs) or if the forward lean or ramp angle or something is different between those two boots. I've skied the same skis (Bent Chetlers with Wardens) with the both boots and now I feel like a complete noob in the Mach 1s... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Does removing the top bolt of the T drive thing soften the forward flex at all?

I just got a pair of 130 LVs and I'm having a hard time adjusting to them. I've been skiing full time in my Zero Gs since they came out in 2019, but now my kids are old enough that they're skiing the resort kind of hard so I wanted an actual resort boot for the first time in many years. For some reason I feel like I'm totally stuck back on my heels and can't get forward. I'm not sure if it's because they're too stiff (yes, they're definitely stiffer than the Zero Gs) or if the forward lean or ramp angle or something is different between those two boots. I've skied the same skis (Bent Chetlers with Wardens) with the both boots and now I feel like a complete noob in the Mach 1s... Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    What binding?

I have these boots and zero g and I think the mach 1 is a little more upright but not much... but I'm not positive.

If they are too stiff you can remove one of the 2 screws on the back that fasten the cuff to the clog. I'm pretty sure you can actually remove both if you want and I seem to remember someone here saying they do that but others suggested they personally wouldn't remove both.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

Atomic Wardens.

Have you noticed and difference in the ramp angle of the boots (I think that’s the right term, relative height of toe vs heel)?

I wonder if they would get really “hingey” with both bolts removed

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    FWIW I could not get a standard power wrap to work with an MV. There was just too much material on the cuff. I don't think the stock liner is bad by any means. I am debating moving in to a zip fit next year because after 3 seasons in this boot and liner I don't see an intuition as an upgrade or credible replacement for the stock liner.
    Worked fine in mine. YMMV.

Atomic Wardens.

Have you noticed and difference in the ramp angle of the boots (I think that’s the right term, relative height of toe vs heel)?

I wonder if they would get really “hingey” with both bolts removed
    Some bindings raise/lower the top of the toe to accommodate different sole thickness and some lower/raise the AFD to accomplish the same thing. It's possibly that you lowering the toe height in the warden has effectively changed your binding delta for the DIN sole Mach 1. I think you would have more delta in the Mach 1.

You could try shimming the toe a little but would need longer screws.

Yes many people notice a big difference with changing delta.

Yeah both bolts removed sounds like a bad idea to me too. I usually ski with the top both removed and then put it back in when warm spring Temps come around.

The toe height adjustment on the wardens is from above, so it doesn’t change to delta.

I tour 95% of the time, and ski on ATK Raiders which have a delta of 10mm I think. This is what I’m used to and comfortable with. How would I shim the Wardens to match this?

Are there other gripwalk compatible alpine bindings that are closer to that 10mm delta?

The toe height adjustment on the wardens is from above, so it doesn’t change to delta.

I tour 95% of the time, and ski on ATK Raiders which have a delta of 10mm I think. This is what I’m used to and comfortable with. How would I shim the Wardens to match this?

Are there other gripwalk compatible alpine bindings that are closer to that 10mm delta?
    Yes it does if your sole thickness changes.

I.e. I took the DIN sole off my mach 1 and installed a grip walk sole. The boot didn't change and the tops of the boot toe lugs didn't change.

But of I need to raise the toe up to accommodate that then I now have less delta. On a binding like the Aatack where I lower the AFD, the toe lug is at the same height and the delta is the same.

There are no bindings I know of that are anywhere near 10mm delta so you would be shimming the heel on anything you choose if you want to recreate that... I think.

Ahh, I see what you’re saying…

Can you just put a shim under a heel (or toe for that matter) of an alpine binding? I’ve dealt strictly with pin bindings for about 15 years until I got these so I’m a bit out of loop on alpine stuff..

Ahh, I see what you’re saying…

Can you just put a shim under a heel (or toe for that matter) of an alpine binding? I’ve dealt strictly with pin bindings for about 15 years until I got these so I’m a bit out of loop on alpine stuff..
    Yeah you can do whatever you want as long as you have the appropriate plastic material for a shim and the correct length of screws.

I've done... kindof the opposite but it's the same principle. I have some skis that had a riser plate on the heel that created more delta than I like. Removing the riser plate created negative delta... no Bueno. So I got some thin plastic stock to create zero delta and cut the screws down with a Dremel.

Bada Bing Bada Boom... new delta.

Had a couple pair of Wardens for a while, dumped them for current-gen Griffon ID to get more ramp. Wardens are super toe-high (and a rockered sole boot like the ZeroG makes it even worse), and the toe wings barely capture the boot lug. Not a fan.

Interesting. So are there any readily available shims or is this pretty much a DIY thing? The only ones I see online are these which seem to only be available in Europe. Maybe some high end shops have something..
    https://pisteoffice.com/index.php/co...469-471-detail