Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DIY is cheaper and then you can do it for any binding.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Suggestions for material other than cutting boards?

I'm not a plastics expert but if memory serves, HDPE sheet is what I used?

I can buy small samples from a local plastics shop.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Cold River tools makes ships that are swanky & fit just about every clamp.

Anyone tried replacing the T Drive piece with the non carbon version to soften the boot up? My shop recommended that and discouraged removing the top bolt, although the didn't really have a good reason why..

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/...-t-drive-piece

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Cold River tools makes ships that are swanky & fit just about every clamp.

Thanks for the info!!

Shop guys, are these still cracking a lot?

Picked up a pair of used 2023 120 LV shells from fleabay and found an undisclosed punch, anyone know what temperature should be used to relax the punch back to the original position? I have a digital heat gun, and can dial it to any temperature. Thinking low and gradual.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 04-05-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Picked up a pair of used 2023 120 LV shells from fleabay and found an undisclosed punch, anyone know what temperature should be used to relax the punch back to the original position?
    Confirm with a real boot fitter mag, but I'd do hot water.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I still have 24's LV to re home.

Scored a very good deal on an almost new pair of 2021 Mach1 130 LV and put three days on them last month. Excruciating the first day, not as bad second, and basically just numb feet on day three. Getting there, three more days and should be good.

Even during the painful break in, they ski great on hot 65 degree Spring days, when a stiffer boot helps offset warm shell plastic.

I’ve got a pair of 25.5 19/20 Mach1 LVs available for cheap if anyone wants them. Similar story to what 1000-oaks said, except my pain tolerance for my feet is too low to put up with how tight they are on me, specifically right on the ankle bones.

They do ski noticeably stiffer than the Cochise on warm days, but I’ve moved all of my inbounds days to the new Cochise + ZipFit Gara HV and that seems to strike the middle ground between pain and skiing performance, at least in spring.

Forgot to mention they're a lot harder to put on than 2017 Cochise 120. I have high insteps, and will need to shape a chunk of wood or something to hold the cuff wide open so I can use hands to try to spread the clog during foot insertion. Was actually concerned about breaking foot bones getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    I’ve got a pair of 25.5 19/20 Mach1 LVs available for cheap if anyone wants them. Similar story to what 1000-oaks said, except my pain tolerance for my feet is too low to put up with how tight they are on me, specifically right on the ankle bones.

They do ski noticeably stiffer than the Cochise on warm days, but I’ve moved all of my inbounds days to the new Cochise + ZipFit Gara HV and that seems to strike the middle ground between pain and skiing performance, at least in spring.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    except my pain tolerance for my feet is too low to put up with how tight they are on me, specifically right on the ankle bones.
    Mine compress my insteps and are a bit tight on sides of forefoot (even though feet are 94mm wide), in fact on two off-piste runs I forgot to buckle the boots and didn't even notice, lol. Probably would have noticed carving groomers, but didn't skiing hero corn.

Has anyone spent time in both the Mach1 LV and Firebird R? I needed to replace my Mach1's liners after last season, but before forking over the cash for Zipfits I decided to give Firebird R 140s a try. I love my 130 Mach1 LVs, but I felt like I could still give up some comfort for a bit more precision and suspension.

At room temp the firebirds actually feel softer than the Mach1s, although I doubt that will still be the case on snow. They feel truly 2mm narrower than the Mach1 LVs through the ankle, heel pocket, midfoot and (a bit unfortunately) the toebox.

I have both but not the R, instead the older FB140s before the R came out, also a 98 last, and only use zipfits. Have a few different stock liners if yer randomly a 28.5 I can send to you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

25.5 unfortunately but that's a sweet deal

I was forced into buying 120 Cochise because that was all that was in stock and it was April and I needed to get out on touring skis for the first time. They fit perfect and are great but when I ski my old stiffer HS race boots once in a while if I'm getting a mount or whatever I prefer the stiffer shell I'm big. I dropped 2 pairs of damaged skis off for a summer tune last week and saw the Mach 1 MV in my size nicely discounted pretty sure they won't sell before I save up to purchase. Honestly can't wait to step up.

I think about going up to a 140 flex all the time and skipping the Orange Technica and having a dedicated stiffer boot but I hate when ski boots hurt my old ones took years and even the 120s killed on the up at first. Also heard terrible things about the new 140 Lange.

Love these boots.

Have the LV model and will need to replace the stock liner (which is actually a great liner), as it's clapped out after a couple seasons.

Looking at Zipfit Gara or possibly Atomic Mimic - anyone have experience with these options? Or possibly another aftermarket liner for the LV's?

Cheers.

I have almost 40 days on the stock liner in some 130 lv's and am starting to buckle harder and harder to compensate. They are still good to go, but i liked these enough that i bought a backup pair. I am contemplating riding out the stock liner or just doing a custom zipfit or foam liner (have about 250 days in surefoot foamed liners in the past with no issues) since i have an identical shell to just swap them into after the first boot gets clapped out. This is after 15 years of being a "lange foot" guy that just ordered the next 97mm last 130 flex offering sight unseen. Dunno what changed but this years rx130 lv, the heritage rx 140 lv (with different liner), and rs 130 all made my foot go numb so had to finally make the switch and am mighty pleased so far. I loved lange but the 130's turned into like 110's over the years and this feels like a 130 again

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post
    Looking at Zipfit Gara or possibly Atomic Mimic - anyone have experience with these options? Or possibly another aftermarket liner for the LV's?
    Having not skied either of these liners but was in the same boat as you - Mimic seems to get you maximal heel hold immediately after fitting, but is not nearly as durable as Zipfit.

Quote Originally Posted by McShortyShorts View Post
    Having not skied either of these liners but was in the same boat as you - Mimic seems to get you maximal heel hold immediately after fitting, but is not nearly as durable as Zipfit.
    My experience with the mimic pro liners echos this. The version 2 mimic pro liner is available next year and is much more substantial with longer life.

I have been hunting for a great deal on a pair of these and scored a pair of the new MV version for $400. Seem to fit a lot like my older 120 Dragons with just a little more room for my high as fuck arch.
    Only thing I am not stoked about is the weak looking boaster strap. Are you guys able to get that snug enough? Also the 6 year old Intuitions in my Dragons fit better than the stock liners. Can I get a shop to bake those so they expand to fill in under my arch or do I need to use the custom foot beds I removed after getting the Intuitions?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Picked up a pair of used 2023 120 LV shells from fleabay and found an undisclosed punch, anyone know what temperature should be used to relax the punch back to the original position? I have a digital heat gun, and can dial it to any temperature. Thinking low and gradual.
    We use a variable temp heat gun that ranges from 500-700 F. - I almost always use it on 700. It's not just how hot, it's how long you leave it in one spot (the best technique is usually several seconds on the spot while moving the gun, then take the gun away for an equal amount of time while you feel for temperature under the spot). Get the gun close to the shell, I shoot for about 1/4" to 1/2" if possible to avoid heating parts of the shell you don't want to modify. To retract a punch, I usually will heat in a circle around the old punch, not directly on it. There is some trial and error involved, and the punch will not usually retract completely.

Don't use hot water - hydrolysis can't adversely effect plastic stiffness (though Polyether like the Mach 120-130 shells is better at resisting this than most). Also the plastic moves well at around 270-280 F. and boiling water is 210 F.