Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Ok thanks. I’d be looking for the T Drive. Because come on it certainly waaaaaay different
    Indubitably. It's a dynamic carbon connector!

Sounds good, I want to make sure the boots I'm theoretically replacing them with are actually going to work better for me before I cut them loose anyway. Pretty sure the answer is yes but I need a little on snow time to confirm.

The new MV is quite a bit different than the previous generation.. Last, liner, weight, etc. T-Drive isn’t the only change.

I'd be surprised if a boot advertised as MV would give the fit I've needed from LV advertised boot. Mach1 130 LV I think will outperform any MV boot, regardless of features, just from the fit alone.

I still make the mistake of trying to get non-LV boots in hopes their features will work out for me, but I'm disappointed every time (this year it was a rossi all track boot).

For now I'm sticking with the cochise 130 and the mach1 130 LV.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I'd be surprised if a boot advertised as MV would give the fit I've needed from LV advertised boot. Mach1 130 LV I think will outperform any MV boot, regardless of features, just from the fit alone.

I still make the mistake of trying to get non-LV boots in hopes their features will work out for me, but I'm disappointed every time (this year it was a rossi all track boot).

For now I'm sticking with the cochise 130 and the mach1 130 LV.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Before powerwraps I always needed a punch at 5th met. Now if I get a wide enough fore foot the powerwrap liner fixes everything.

I ski the cochise 130, how does the volume and really fore foot width seem to be compared to the LV Mach1 boot? I’d go LV if I could do it without a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Before powerwraps I always needed a punch at 5th met. Now if I get a wide enough fore foot the powerwrap liner fixes everything.

I ski the cochise 130, how does the volume and really fore foot width seem to be compared to the LV Mach1 boot? I’d go LV if I could do it without a punch.
    I would say that it's very similar to the Cochise. I have some light grinds on 6th toe and on the lateral side in the middle of my foot for the Cochise. from what I can tell I'll need the same for the 130LV. It is tighter around the ankle and maybe slightly tighter near the pinky toe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I would say that it's very similar to the Cochise. I have some light grinds on 6th toe and on the lateral side in the middle of my foot for the Cochise. from what I can tell I'll need the same for the 130LV. It is tighter around the ankle and maybe slightly tighter near the pinky toe.
    Great info thanks.

FWIW...I found the Mach LV to be lower volume over the instep as well. Solved by grinding boot board and removing elastic/vinyl from liner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    It’s not the same plastic.
    Tecnica site says PU for both 120 and 130, is the 130 shell higher durometer PU, or maybe thicker?

Other differences:
    120 LV Liner: "PERFORMANCE- C.A.S.- Celliant®- floating tongue- C.A.S. foot arch"
    130 LV Liner: "HIGH PERFORMANCE- full C.A.S.- C.A.S. instep- Celliant®- floating tongue- C.A.S. foot arch- with lac"

Is the 130 substantially stiffer? Just wondering if I should see about trading my still-new 130 for a 120, at 167 lbs the 130 could be a bit much for me.

Or if it comes to it, some cutting/grinding. https://youtu.be/8hUwND4cMK4
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 01-23-2021 at 07:47 PM.

How does the shape of the new Mach 1's MV/LV, and cochise for that matter, compare to Lange RX MV/LV? Ankle volume, instep height.........We haven't got a Tecnica dealer anywhere near here so tough for me to compare. My first gen RS 130's (which were designed around my foot) are getting tired after 300+ days, considering a replacement.

I have RX LV and M1 LV and would say M1 is ~10% less volume across the board. Both fit, but M1 instep is on the edge, for example. If you're on the edge with RX, M1 is gonna be a squeeze w/o mods to shell and/or liner.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    I have RX LV and M1 LV and would say M1 is ~10% less volume across the board. Both fit, but M1 instep is on the edge, for example. If you're on the edge with RX, M1 is gonna be a squeeze w/o mods to shell and/or liner.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like the M1 LV will be simply too small, but, if the M1 MV is a little bigger than the RX LV then it might be the tits with one particular set of zipfit liners I've got on hand. That sidewinder thing takes up some space.

Just waiting for my M1 LV shells and Zipfit WC Sidewinder liner to arrive soon, excited to see how it performs. I was a little nervous about the sidewinder but I talked to Chris at Zipfit and gave me confidence it probably won’t be much different in terms of volume. He did say it stiffens up the boot a little, I don’t think that will be a bad thing.

Have some M1 MV Concepts coming, will be getting a fresh Power Wrap. I’ll provide comparison to the Cochise 130 DYN with Power Wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    This is great info and pushes me to try the MV Concept. I believe the new fit of the MV will be allot like the Cochise.

Cochise fit is different than Mach1 LV or MV... it’s soft of a combo of both

LV heal/ankle/instep

MV forefoot

Tecnica Mach1 Thread

Cochise fit is different than Mach1 LV or MV... it’s soft of a combo of both

LV heal/ankle/instep

MV forefoot
    We’ll find out if she goes! I’d just like a little more mid foot than the Cochise so that could work.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 02-13-2021 at 11:51 PM.

My M1 130 LV shells showed up today. I tried to get the Zipfit in but couldn’t get it to slide in. It is crazy snug on my foot and the sidewinder side gets caught on the shell before it can slide all the way in.

Even with the stock liner, my foot doesn’t really slide in well- I think mostly because of my footbed. I have a little pressure over my instep. Does anyone know how much the tongue foam will compress? Or should I shave down the boot board?

The stock liners don't pack out very much--one of the reasons I really like the liners.

Thanks Skeeze! On the boot board, if I shave that down a bit, how much do you think I can go before it starts to affect the Malle plus on each side? I know a little goes a long way to open a little room but curious to get others thoughts

If you're going to run the factory liner, I wouldn't shave the board until you have a few days on them.

I was able to heat up a sock with rice and put it on the inside of the tongue to help mold it a little quicker. I think has helped a little and I will plan to ski into it. Otherwise the stock liner feels great! Can’t wait to ski it this weekend.

Does the 19/20 130 MV use essentially the same last as the 20/21? I tried on 19/20's with some zips and they fit nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Does the 19/20 130 MV use essentially the same last as the 20/21? I tried on 19/20's with some zips and they fit nicely
    No not the same. Not crazy different but 20/21 is more anatomical, lighter, a bit taller, and more wiggle room past the met heads.

No not the same. Not crazy different but 20/21 is more anatomical, lighter, a bit taller, and more wiggle room past the met heads.
    I think I read (probably here) that the LV is staying/has stayed the same though?

Tecnica Mach1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    I think I read (probably here) that the LV is staying/has stayed the same though?
    It has. I’m guessing it will change soon and get T Drive.