Green River, Wyoming

Anyone ridden and camped here? Just dropped the camper and the local cops informed me that there is no camping in city limits. Found a spot a few miles away, but it’s not ideal. I guess there are some closer spots if I didn’t have a camper. The trails are right next to a shooting range, they were blowing shit up tonight, I mean serious explosions.
    So far not too ‘family friendly’, but I’ll give a trail report tomorrow.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Head south towards Flaming Gorge. I camped there ages ago, seemed fine. Not sure how close it is to riding.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Anyone ridden and camped here? Just dropped the camper and the local cops informed me that there is no camping in city limits. Found a spot a few miles away, but it’s not ideal. I guess there are some closer spots if I didn’t have a camper. The trails are right next to a shooting range, they were blowing shit up tonight, I mean serious explosions.
    So far not too ‘family friendly’, but I’ll give a trail report tomorrow.
    You're outside the JH bubble now dude. Blowing shit up is good family fun in Wyoming.

only good I have found in that area

http://cowboydonuts.com/

Saw in one of those tourist rags that green river and flaming gorge were voted best single track in Wyoming. I nearly spit my coffee out

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ok, so I rode my ass off a little bit this morning. Some awesome, some meh. Felt like I was riding things backwards 1/2 the time, but found some tech jank and mildly rowdy ‘flow’ eventually. Note to self: wear contacts when riding a new to me spaghetti bowl that is poorly signed.
    Totally worthwhile stop if you are traveling through on 80, but I rode most of it today. Gotta go back and redo a bunch of stuff and hopefully find my pump...(some decent rock drops out there).

https://strava.app.link/RtUIL71BH6

Lap 2 in the afternoon
    https://strava.app.link/5g3bDjwjI6
    Last edited by rideit; 05-22-2020 at 11:11 PM.

I have very little info other than this but there was a guy recently on FB saying that there is a huge network of singletrack near the north end of Flaming Gorge. He was talking about moto but maybe some of it would be fun to pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    You're outside the JH bubble now dude. Blowing shit up is good family fun in Wyoming.
    Not so much for my 13 Y.O. Dog who is afraid when a screen door slams...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i aint ever dones it on a bike but hiked it enuffs
    and since the days of save the suckers 10k full generation and both bypass tunnels flows sents a lot of boardwalk down river
    theres probably some hike a bike wet wading now
    but you have till monday and then again after labor to ride the a section trail from the dam to little hole
    and id say its as scenic as it gits
    and the shuttle options are numerous
    sage creeks almost always pretty chill compared to lucerne and other campgrounds
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno