Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,960

    Cleaning your pipe/bowl/bong/bubbler in the post covid era

    Now that rubbing alcohol is no longer a thing, what are you fine folks using?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Agrestic
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Now that rubbing alcohol is no longer a thing, what are you fine folks using?
    A vaporizer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,710
    Methyl hydrate works as well as isopropyl. And it's cheap. A little hot/boiling water to soften the gunk doesn't hurt either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,814
    Denatured alcohol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,933
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Methyl hydrate works as well as isopropyl. And it's cheap. A little hot/boiling water to soften the gunk doesn't hurt either.
    Odd way to describe methanol.

    Interesting that isopropyl is out of stock, and yet methanol should be just as good for killing rona.

    Next time you want booze, ask for the ethyl hydrate.
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,492
    Formula 420
    crab in my shoe mouth

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    2,834
    Papers and edibles

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,384
    Hydroxychloriquine

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hydroxychloriquine
    brilliant. prevents spread of lupus from sharing bowls too.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Odd way to describe methanol.

    Interesting that isopropyl is out of stock, and yet methanol should be just as good for killing rona.

    Next time you want booze, ask for the ethyl hydrate.
    <shrug> Yes, methyl hydrate = methanol. But next time you go to the hardware store, let me know when you find the container labeled methanol. I guess they don't want the idiots out there to mix it up with ethanol, and use it to fortify their cheap vino.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Formula 420
    This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    208 State
    Posts
    2,131
    Hot water and sea salt crystals, yes, some will dissolve, but the sea salt will do a nice job of scrubbing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,579
    Journey pipe and alcohol prep pads which are still plentiful on amazon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is the funniest thing I've read all week.
    Its the only thing I use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	329347
    crab in my shoe mouth

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    9,798
    Hot water and soap with brush always does the trick.
    Right now, I am a total Bogart. My one hitter, pipe and blunt will touch my lips only.
    BYOB: Bring Your Own Bowl
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It’s the only thing I use.
    It's a massively overpriced bottle of isopropyl alcohol and salt, with a little food coloring added to make you think it's something special. For a fraction of the price/oz you can buy a gallon of pure denatured alcohol (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-St...SL26/100139444) and a couple pounds of table salt (https://www.webstaurantstore.com/mor.../102SALT4.html) that will work exactly the same. Those guys must make a killing repackaging alcohol and salt (that they bought even cheaper at bulk pricing) and selling it to dumbasses at 10x markup.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's a massively overpriced bottle of isopropyl alcohol and salt, with a little food coloring added to make you think it's something special. For a fraction of the price/oz you can buy a gallon of pure denatured alcohol (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-St...SL26/100139444) and a couple pounds of table salt (https://www.webstaurantstore.com/mor.../102SALT4.html) that will work exactly the same. Those guys must make a killing repackaging alcohol and salt (that they bought even cheaper at bulk pricing) and selling it to dumbasses at 10x markup.
    Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing that out. I laughed at the fools I college who bought that shit, I didn't think anyone over the age of 20 actually fell for their marketing.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    9,798
    ^^^That's funny
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    338
    Why clean, just fill it with Lysol.
    Wont get dirty and disinfects the corona from your lungs.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,492
    Yeah, a gallon of iso and a couple pounds of salt, sounds like a pain in the ass. Im good thanks though, dickweeds.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,022
    Where are your stoner priorities? You don't keep iso in the garage for the bong only?? The wife can get her own.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    11,638
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61yDL6yMISL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	329429

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,933
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61yDL6yMISL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	329429
    I’ve used that. Good degreaser. But damn. Seems like overkill for you stoners.

    After the talcum powder lawsuits I’m expecting purple power class actions.
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,418
    I wonder how a citrus based product would work on a pipe like base cleaner ?


    edit; I betcha Diversol/ sparklebrit/ briteb its the pink stuff used for cleaning wine making equipment would soak out bong stains. I use it for wine making but its really good for cleaning a thermos/ water bottle/ flask or anything you shouldn't have left food in and its pretty cheap
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-23-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hydroxychloriquine
    / end thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •