Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    https://recreation-law.com/2018/01/0...t-injured-her/

2017 group a and b ski the same line, group a said well wait for your call to droo, group b downclimbs choke, group a gets impatient and flushes the line injuring a girl in b.

Rad line. A very fine mag was seriously hurt on that line back in 2003.

Here is another pending Telluride situation. Group a ducks a closure rope into bear creek slides a chute and smokes a solo hiker. Potentially criminal and civil. https://coloradosun.com/2019/03/22/s...ort-telluride/

I'll have to find the Teton Pass incident later.
    Thanks for sharing those, I was aware of both avalanches but never followed up with the legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It's a not a head scratcher when you realize this guy is an aggro dolt. He puts together "extreme riding comps" in the Summit alpine midwinter. This year someone was seriously injured on Kitchen Wall and another person was partially buried in a slide.

A few years back a snowboarder in his "comp" was slid in the alpine above Deer Creek, popped her airbag, it was on video, and it made the national news.

He demonstrates poor critical thinking, bad risk management, and no sense of responsibility... exemplified well in the article by his common heuristic trap thinking while believing he is going "by the book" and yet he knows more than CAIC about avalanche control.
    I thought I recognized the name. Met their group a few times and they think they are pretty cool. That kind of shit just doesn't work in places with a continental snowpack.

I think you'll a lot more restriction in the west side of the Ike Tunnel area next winter. CDOT and USFS don't always get along but when it comes to dropping avalanches on highways they do tend to work together.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Interesting on the cooperation.

CAIC is neither USFS nor CDOT?
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Interesting on the cooperation.

CAIC is neither USFS nor CDOT?
    CAIC "works for" CDOT. CDOT supplies a major hunk of CAIC's budget.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"