Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's a sad day

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    All because some chicks had to stick this up their cooter. It's why dudes can't have nice things anymore.

'I can't stop snorting baby powder': Meet the woman with a 16-year addiction to talc

My Strange Addiction features 28-year-old Jaye from Houston who is addicted to baby powder

Jaye estimates that she has snorted 1,125 pounds of powder since her obsession began

TLC's television series My Strange Addiction continues to shock and amaze viewers.

To date it has featured people obsessed with everything from teddy bears to hair dryers and season three features some of the most bizarre subjects yet.

Taking centre stage in the third season is 28-year-old Jaye from Houston, Texas who can't get enough baby powder.

She describes that friends were convinced that she had a secret drug habit when they visited her house and saw every surface coated with a thin layer of white dust.

Without her daily fix she states, 'I wouldn't be able to function.'

According to Jaye her addiction started when she accidentally spilled powder as a youngster and inhaled it by mistake.

And over the past sixteen years her addiction has spiralled out of control.

Now, not content with merely sniffing the powder, Jaye actually places the substance in her nostrils up to ten times a day using a tablespoon.

She estimates that she has snorted 1,125 pounds - around half a ton - of powder since her obsession began.

It is widely known that inhaling talcum can cause aspiration pneumonia which come from breathing in a foreign substances - a condition that can damage the airways.

And those around her air their concerns during the documentary.

Friend Larry confronts Jaye about her addiction when she returns from the shops with yet more supplies of talc.

'What do you mean you're running low on baby powder? You don't have any children.

'And you yourself don't think of this as a health issue?,' he says.

Jaye insists that her peculiar addiction is not a problem and to date she hasn't encountered any side effects.

Others to feature in the new season include 45-year-old Alicia from Atlanta, Georgia, who sniffs mothballs as a way of coping with the loss of her grandmother.

She now can't go an hour without smelling the scent.

'I find it irresistible and it's hard for me to stay away from it for long periods of time,' she said. 'I always keep a stash somewhere so I can get a smell.'

Meanwhile Nathaniel, 27, from Arkansas, describes how he has been in an intimate relationship with his car for nearly five years.

He reveals that he goes on dates with Chase, a 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo, buys it birthday gifts, and even has sex with it. '[I'm attracted] emotionally and sexual. It is hard to explain.

'It's just something I've had for quite a long time and I know he doesn't return the favors like I give to him as far as working on him.'
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Witness for the J&J defense right there.

Holy shit. Snorting something useless seems. Well. Useless.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Smooth round balls of course.
    Sometimes I wonder if iceman doesn't understand how a search engine works.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm suspicious of those other brands, especially since that Monkey stuff is sold at the counter display at my local Ace Hardware. One time I used this off brand powder at my friends golf club after a shower and I thought I lit my taint on fire.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Sorry about your balls dood.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3CEbBv4U71M
    watch out for snakes

And who sticks a McRib up their ass, besides Buttah?
    HA! Damn... That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Dude! Hell yeah

Sometimes I wonder if iceman doesn't understand how a search engine works.

I'm suspicious of those other brands, especially since that Monkey stuff is sold at the counter display at my local Ace Hardware. One time I used this off brand powder at my friends golf club after a shower and I thought I lit my taint on fire.
    I've not used the MB stuff but have a lot of equestrian friends who swear by it. I myself side with Shaq and use Gold Bond on the breasteses when it gets toasty out.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Talc is so 20th Century.

This 21st Century stuff is PTFE, the stuff used to make Teflon, GoreTex and trombone slide lubricant:

Name:  2TomsBS.jpg
Views: 3319
Size:  22.6 KB

Finally, semi-hitech ball maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Talc is so 20th Century.

This 21st Century stuff is PTFE, the stuff used to make Teflon, GoreTex and trombone slide lubricant:

Name:  2TomsBS.jpg
Views: 3319
Size:  22.6 KB
    Yeah, I’m about as far from an anti-vaxxer, organic homeopathic fruitloop as you can get and that stuff just doesn’t pass the smell test.

I’ll wait till KQ’s gal Hoovers a few pounds of it to make sure it’s cool.
    I still call it The Jake.

Talc is so 20th Century.

So sad you didn't say "Vapor barrier JONG"

I feel like “trombone slide lubricant” should be in urban dictionary

Or a hashtag for something dirty

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I feel like “trombone slide lubricant” should be in urban dictionary

Or a hashtag for something dirty
    Without the lube, you might end up with a rusty trombone
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    ...you might end up with a rusty trombone
    Then that chick's a keeper.

sweaty genitalia+powder=paste...no thank you

I don't need hydrated magnesium silicate all up in my junk

If I can't snort it, it ain't touchin' my taint.

Trombone slide lubricant has been the subject of discussion for decades. When I played trombone -- AFM Local 484 (Sun Valley) member, Wood River Valley Orchestra lead trombonist -- we lubed the slide with cold cream, occasionally spraying with water mist. King sold a product called "Superslick," which, I believe, is still available, although it didn't work any better than cold cream & water mist. I would imagine PTFE is a big step forward.

Trombone slide lubricant has been the subject of discussion for decades. When I played trombone -- AFM Local 484 (Sun Valley) member, Wood River Valley Orchestra lead trombonist -- we lubed the slide with cold cream, occasionally spraying with water mist. King sold a product called "Superslick," which, I believe, is still available, although it didn't work any better than cold cream & water mist. I would imagine PTFE is a big step forward.
    Inhaling PTFE/Teflon does not sound healthy to me.
    Absorbing it near my privates doesn’t thrill me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Inhaling PTFE/Teflon does not sound healthy to me.
    Absorbing it near my privates doesn’t thrill me, either.
    I'd rather take my chances with talc.
    The good stuff is still available in the UK.

"J&J to sell baby powder in UK despite stopping US sales. Healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson says it will continue to sell its talc-based Johnson's Baby Powder in the UK and the rest of the world, despite stopping sales in the US and Canada."

Apparently the ladies in the UK aren't loading up the powder horn like they do here.

They don't smell the same, and cornstarch doesn't have the antifriction properties I desire. All because some chicks had to stick this up their cooter. It's why dudes can't have nice things anymore.

And who sticks a McRib up their ass, besides Buttah?
    Cracks me up that the guy on Dukes of Hazard was called Cooter.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Cracks me up that the guy on Dukes of Hazard was called Cooter.
    And he became a congressman.

So it all checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And he became a congressman.

So it all checks out.
    Cooter for Congress?
    Got my vote
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Cooter for Congress?
    Got my vote
    He's got some museums as well. If you drive south on I-81 from VA in the direction of Nashville, you'll see billboards for "Cooters Place." I had an inkling to stop at one, just to see what sort of desperate souls go there. But then it occurred to me, what if other people do that and think I'm one of those souls?

He's got some museums as well. If you drive south on I-81 from VA in the direction of Nashville, you'll see billboards for "Cooters Place." I had an inkling to stop at one, just to see what sort of desperate souls go there. But then it occurred to me, what if other people do that and think I'm one of those souls?
    He called into the Marty and McGee radio show a few years ago this very weekend touting some massive Dukes of Hazzard meetup called Cooter’s Last Stand that had all the living cast members and the biggest parade of General Lees ever assembled. Apparently it was huge.

Cooter could sell the shit out of anything I gathered after that interview. It was supposed to be a 5 minute segment but those guys were laughing so hard they kept him the whole hour.

It's still legal over here...

We'll have to smuggle a few bottles over, hidden under some heroin or something

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk